I just got globally banned by Battleye! 

Since I had the add-on loaded when I got banned, I have to assume that the add-on is maybe the cause of the ban.

Therefore, I won't consider a release soon. I first have to find out the cause of the ban.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll keep you updated.

I just got globally banned by Battleye! 

Since I had the add-on loaded when I got banned, I have to assume that the add-on is maybe the cause of the ban.

Therefore, I won't consider a release soon. I first have to find out the cause of the ban.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'll keep you updated.

Since when does Battle eye ban people for having mods on? Battleye doing its own thing once again

Don't blame Battleye they just do their job.

I did some research what the origin might be.

There is definitely no way that this mod is the origin of the ban.

I worked on another add-on about 2 weeks ago where I tried to get into extensions.

They would allow you using *.dll in your add-on. I hoped this could be the way to have access to *.sqe files (format for custom Eden compositions).

However, Battleye blocked the dll. So I created a certification for it. Unfortunatelly, as I see Hackers exploit that method so it was probably listed as a ban reason by BE.

So I don't think BE will lift the ban as they probably cannot distinguish me from a hacker.

But don't worry. I keep on working on the mod.

• Like 2

Here is the picture of this week.

What you can see is the suppressive fire module. The AI will traget the designated game logic. I significantly lowered accuracy of AI such that the fire gets somewhat spread. Well, vehicles still seem to be more accurate than AI soldiers,

byJf

• Like 4

I indeed tried that one, but it did not lead to the result I wanted. In absence of enemy it does not work at all and even if there are enemies I'm still not sure if it truly works.

So I did some more scripting stuff involving forceWeaponFire repective fireAtTarget.

As soon as Alpha goes out, I'll publish the scripts as well, so if you may need certain functionalities in another mission, feel free to use them.

Really looking forward to this, so much more difficult trying to do zeus sessions without something like this, great work.

I do have a question...

It is actually the same function that BIS used for "The East Wind" - campaign. I just execute it globally.

In addition BIS also provided a function for randomly destroying houses on a map, which I also included in the module.

You mentioned here about the function to destroy buildings.  As i understand the above statement, it sounds like this function has been built into the earthquake module.

If this is the case would it be possible to separate this as its own module aswell?

It would be very nice to be able to ruin a town, without having to blow it up or cause an earthquake.

I indeed tried that one, but it did not lead to the result I wanted. In absence of enemy it does not work at all and even if there are enemies I'm still not sure if it truly works.

So I did some more scripting stuff involving forceWeaponFire repective fireAtTarget.

As soon as Alpha goes out, I'll publish the scripts as well, so if you may need certain functionalities in another mission, feel free to use them.

There is a known issue with the location based suppression command not working yet, but lets hope it gets solved!

since you will work the weather... Any chances for full overcast without rain? Maybe? Or some snow?

You mentioned here about the function to destroy buildings.  As i understand the above statement, it sounds like this function has been built into the earthquake module.

If this is the case would it be possible to separate this as its own module aswell?

It would be very nice to be able to ruin a town, without having to blow it up or cause an earthquake.

The function I was talking about is BIS_fnc_destroyCity.

As you see the function randomly destroys buildings based on a seed.

For Earthquakes the function is fine, but I guess for specific building destruction I can provide a better solution.

So what I suggest is implementing a new function where you can define the percentage of buildings that are destroyed within a certain radius.

Thank you for the idea.

There is a known issue with the location based suppression command not working yet, but lets hope it gets solved!

Thank you for the hint. I actually did not notice that you can also use an object as an argument. In this case the command indeed worked.

Well, in this case I have to decide if I keep my function or replace it with the script command. Need some test before I can decide.

since you will work the weather... Any chances for full overcast without rain? Maybe? Or some snow?

I did some research on how the weather behaves in ArmA 3. What I've noticed is that the rain equilibrates to a certain value based on the overcast. That's why the new weather module continously reset the value to the one Zeus want to have. 

As a consequence, the weather module now behaves different than the one from Ares. The rain value you set is the actually rain intensity and hence you can now have full overcast and no rain.

Snow would need particle scripting as the ArmA 3 weather does not know snow. So at the moment there is no snow avaiable, but I may add it in an update. I'm not sure yet.

So what I suggest is implementing a new function where you can define the percentage of buildings that are destroyed within a certain radius.

Thank you for the idea.

Great to hear, sounds like a good way to implement it.

Another question, currently in the teleport menu you can teleport all.

Would there be a possibility of teleporting everyone if they are in a vehicle?  And/Or a way to teleport the vehicle itself with the players inside.  

Sometimes insertions can be a pain, would be very nice to say teleport a RHIB off the coast of an insertion point with players already inside.

Would there be a possibility of teleporting everyone if they are in a vehicle?  And/Or a way to teleport the vehicle itself with the players inside.  

This is defentily something the teleporter should be campable of. I'll fix that. If a unit in the selection is in a vehicle, then the entire vehicle will be teleported.

• Like 1

Would it Be possiable to add a feature, that would give a opfor unit an rpg launcer if it diden't already have one, and the get him to fire at the next heli in firering range. 3 options would be needed.

Mainrotor hit

Tailrotor hit

Engine hit

The part hit would be destroyed but no harm to passengers or pilots.

Would be very usefull i a milsim enviroment. To force pilots to divert from current flightplan

·    Execute code on objects

Would this addition allow the playing of custom sound files on objects?

I'm always looking for ways to add immersion to Zeus missions, a big part of this is sound.  Currently its a real pain to use "Sound" files rather than "Music", the ability to play a custom sound from an object or the ability for a module to create a game logic or something that could play the custom sound globally.

Also kind of related to this, i assume there is no way to name an object once the mission init is done? Currently i have to place and name objects in the editor, then refer to these named objects when playing sounds.

Would it Be possiable to add a feature, that would give a opfor unit an rpg launcer if it diden't already have one, and the get him to fire at the next heli in firering range. 3 options would be needed.

Mainrotor hit

Tailrotor hit

Engine hit

The part hit would be destroyed but no harm to passengers or pilots.

Would be very usefull i a milsim enviroment. To force pilots to divert from current flightplan

I have my concerns about that feature. First of all, it is quite hard to hit helicopters with an RPG. 

Most hits in real life occured when a chopper was hovering or landing.

It would be possible to create a scripted missile that heads for your desired selection part but this is no longer milsim...

At least I allow you defining the selection of a vehicle to target when you place a "target logic" on that vehicle. 

Currently the "target logic" is used by the "suppressive fire" module, but I can create a new module that forces snipers/RPG soldiers targeting it.

Maybe this new module can help you at least when the chopper is hovering.

Would this addition allow the playing of custom sound files on objects?

I'm always looking for ways to add immersion to Zeus missions, a big part of this is sound.  Currently its a real pain to use "Sound" files rather than "Music", the ability to play a custom sound from an object or the ability for a module to create a game logic or something that could play the custom sound globally.

Also kind of related to this, i assume there is no way to name an object once the mission init is done? Currently i have to place and name objects in the editor, then refer to these named objects when playing sounds.

1) It definitely would if you use commands such as playSound3D or createSoundSource.

2) Do you want to have a module that lists all custom sound files defined in the description.ext of your mission for execution?

3) There is a module on the list called "Bind variable to Object". This is exactly what you are looking for. This is equivalent to give an object a name in the editor except that the variable is only avaiable on your machine.

• Like 1

Do you want to have a module that lists all custom sound files defined in the description.ext of your mission for execution?

That would be brilliant, these sounds would then be played from the position of the module placement?  If these broadcast globally in a dedicated enviroment.  Then quite frankly it would be the perfect solution.

Edit: Would it also be possible to ensure the sound file would stop playing on module deletion?

Edit 2: Just thought of something else... apologies.   :P  Could there be an option or a secondary module to play a looped sound file?  For example adding a motor noise near to a generator object.  That way such sound files could be kept nice and small.

Time to revamp my collection of sound files in anticipation.  Nothing like an angry dog barking when your assault team is trying to move stealthily and gets too close to a building. :)

A very big thank you for being open to ideas.  I'm so glad there are talented people like you willing to spend your free time, making the ArmA experience so much more enjoyable for us, again thank you.  If you ever need a dedicated server to test features on, shoot me a PM.

That would be brilliant, these sounds would then be played from the position of the module placement?  If these broadcast globally in a dedicated enviroment.  Then quite frankly it would be the perfect solution.

Edit: Would it also be possible to ensure the sound file would stop playing on module deletion?

Edit 2: Just thought of something else... apologies.   :P  Could there be an option or a secondary module to play a looped sound file?  For example adding a motor noise near to a generator object.  That way such sound files could be kept nice and small.

Actually, there is no need for an entire new module. Just have a look on the existing "Play Sound" module. It provides everything you need except an option to toggle loop vs once and it should be attachable.

A very big thank you for being open to ideas.  I'm so glad there are talented people like you willing to spend your free time, making the ArmA experience so much more enjoyable for us, again thank you.  If you ever need a dedicated server to test features on, shoot me a PM.

Ideas from other Zeus players is essential for this add-on. I see a great potential in the life editor, so it is definitely worth it for me.

Actually, there is no need for an entire new module. Just have a look on the existing "Play Sound" module. It provides everything you need except an option to toggle loop vs once and it should be attachable.

Ok that sounds good (and less work for you :) ).

I always thought custom sounds couldn't be added to the current module/list.  So i never pursued it...

I did have another idea, well more of a "see what people think" kind of thing.  If you use a few addons at the moment the zeus lists (unit/object placement) can get very long, making it a pain to scroll up/down to find what you want.

Would it be possible to make the lists not expanded by default.  The module section of the create menu seems to be this way, but none of the faction or empty sections are.

Ok that sounds good (and less work for you :) ).

I always thought custom sounds couldn't be added to the current module/list.  So i never pursued it...

I did have another idea, well more of a "see what people think" kind of thing.  If you use a few addons at the moment the zeus lists (unit/object placement) can get very long, making it a pain to scroll up/down to find what you want.

Would it be possible to make the lists not expanded by default.  The module section of the create menu seems to be this way, but none of the faction or empty sections are.

or maybe a search function like eden has? :D 

just my 2 cents

Regards

Chaser

• Like 2

I mentioned that I will implement an option to add/remove categories from module tree. As an additional option I can include that they are not expanded by default.

or maybe a search function like eden has?  :D

Did not think about that, but I like it. Let's see if I can modify the Zeus interface similar to the Eden one such that the search entry field is between the side tabs and the module tree. Maybe, I can assign CTRL + F in addition.

aparrently the devs are themselves seeing if they can port the search function to zeus

aparrently the devs are themselves seeing if they can port the search function to zeus

I have no idea what devs are up to. I would appreciate that they will implement it themselves.

Alpha is scheduled for this sunday. The most important tests that have to be done are those in dedicated environment in order to track all locality issues. I will request to move the topic to "completed" as the forum rules demand.

Here is a small insight in some progress, although I did not have a lot of time lately. I summarized all effect modules in one module for Zeus. New effects are also avaiable in Eden editor.

SXMcl

• Like 4