This addon is released now:

Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/RPA_M3A1/%40RPA_M3A1.zip

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695057071

CREDITS:

- Thanks to the wondeful Laxemann for those wondeful sounds
  - Thanks to Gurdy to make me actually finish the Westwall M3A1
  - Thanks to all the people who upload the mod to Armaholic, PWS eca.

CLASSNAMES:
Gun:
rpa_weap_m3a1

Magazine:
rpa_mag_30x45acp_MHP

Ammo:
rpa_ammo_45acp_mhp

Sights:
rpa_reflex_black
rpa_reflex_tan
rpa_reflex_camo

LICENSE:
The work contained in this distribution is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Please note that the above mentioned agreement gives the right to the author to waiver any of the conditions, thus feel free to contact me to obtain permission to modify this work.

It is forbidden to redistribute the content of this package by itself, or as part of another distribution, using the Steam Workshop. You are only allowed to use the original link on Steam Workshop, provided by the author.

You may not use the material for commercial purposes. This includes running this package on server instances that employ any monetization schemes, including, but not limited to, donate-reward systems. Bohemia Interactive's approval of your monitization scheme does not grant you rights to wave this clause of the EULA.

This add-on is provided for Arma 3 and is not to be used with VBS or any of its derivatives built for the purpose of military training.

Old post:

While I was researching reference photos for the M3A1 for Westwall-Mod, I encountered this ugly MoFo:

philipines_current_m3a1_with_a_few_modif

Apparently, the Phillipines brought their old stock of M3s back into service as a Special Operations gun.

So, I thought it would be fun to convert my M3A1 from it's original status into some kind of SpecOps gun, just on time for Tanoa.

I'm finished with editing textures and model, as well as making a quick reflex sight. (Yes, the markings are made up).

screenshot0258uuin.jpg

screenshot026f2upp.jpg

Here is the Reflex without paint (they will be included too)

screenshot019xob0o.jpg

I'll try to prep up a release tomorrow, but I'm waiting for sounds from Laxemann.

If you're interested how the M3A1 normally looks, take a peak here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187768-wip-westwall-a-world-war-2-total-conversion-mod/?p=2986872

• Like 24

I... I didn't know I needed this in my life until now!

That's gorgeous!

• Like 1

Looks really good-looking forward to using this in Tanoan jungle :)

Nice work ! 

You should add that to RHS GREF : )))

• Like 3

Thanks lads.

But I don't think I will put it in GREF. Just has no connection to it, I think.

20160529192148_1b7z4w.jpg

20160529192156_1qvyfi.jpg

Just waiting for new sounds.

• Like 7

Thanks lads.

Would still be nice to have it available, the Phillipines could count as a Greenforce Country :P​ :rolleyes:

Thanks lads.

I think some 3rd world country could benefit from the M3A1, maybe they have a low military budget.  :P

Ummmm Redphoenix I seem to be having issues ... Might be me but I cannot find it anywhere in arsenal and no mission file with the DL.

Ive gone to dropbox, Steam and Armaholic as sources. I might be blind. Even tried to addweapon in the editor. Hope I'm just navigationally challenged at the moment but any help?

I so want to give it a try - looks awesome and Laxe's sounds = sold! 

I'm working on adding it to VA and creating a soldier.

I just forgot about that.

I mean they didn't have Pic rails (or to my knowledge optics of any kind) but during and after its inception in the late 1970s, Delta Force used suppressed M3s which were apparently very well liked. The most notable modification they made to them was a V-notch rear sight (I think they just chopped the factory fitted one, can't imagine there was much in the way of modifications floating around for the grease gun). Apparently one of their main reasons for using the M3 is that they felt the .45ACP was well suited for hostage rescue as the rounds were less likely to over-penetrate through walls compared to 5.56 or even 9mm.

I can't find anything conclusive on it but apparently some of the Delta Force guys on Operation Eagle Claw (the 1980 attempt to rescue the hostages in Iran, which ended in fire at Desert One) were carrying grease guns.

Thanks for making this mod I'm downloading now and will give it a look.

Updated mod v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Redphoenix , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

"Please Sir, can I have some more?".

Works perfectly and looks superb!

Thanks for releasing it to the community Redphoenix! So what's next on the release schedule?  :D  :ph34r:

Only two tiny criticisms to make. When fitted, the sight looks like its just a little bit too far forward on the rail and it looks like it would interfere with the travel of the dust-cover (which was actually the safety on these) other than that the weight is only around 50% of its real-world weight (7.95 lbs) but you may have done that for game-play reasons.

The only other thing I'll say is that ASDG compatibility might be nice so you could fit most other optics, but I kind of like NOT having that option, it kind of adds to the "crude" feeling of the gun, the same way the reload sounds (just like a "tinny" gun made out of stamped sheet metal) and the play that's in the dust-cover (it wobbles when you shoot) does. You made a good choice when you decided to convert this, and I think it will fell right at home in the jungles of Tanoa.