sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0b - BRAVO Released !!!

Hmmm I think they will go and replace as much as possible on the existing maps, since this is what every map maker would do if he gets the chance to use better resources :).

no, listen to the team mate, as sav and Dragon said, Razor is adding to the map, not doing mass replacement. it's too much work to do that. better to spread the goodness about.

• Like 2

so now this is a payed mod well thats kinda screwing your donatores isint it 

Not at all we are receiving no commissions or anything from BIS... The only donations we have received was from kable whom bought royalty free models for us to use in the mod and for you the community to play with..... that's it.

The reason we intend to use tanoa is Simply there's a lot of assets in this DLC we can use to make the unsung that much better.. I can't be any clearer than that.

Look back a few years , how would the mod have played with just only Arma 2 content and not anything from OA?

And for the record I don't even have the DLC yet and have to fork cash out to buy it just like everyone else ...

Also, for those who asked for a lite version etc ... That's not gonna happen sorry .. too much work stuffing around with a side project when we are already stretched too thin trying to make the main project.

SaV

• Like 6

savge thank you for having the decnsy to answer me instead of turn it into a troll comment like egg and wild. agian thanks savage ill only aswer to you if one is needed or wanted since you can have a civil and decent talk

I think most peeps are getting Tanoa...even if they didn't get the other DLC (snipers, helicopters, etc). Moving to this platform, etc will put some offside but is the way to go...it will definitely make the maps look a heck of a lot better esp in the jungle.

Hey guys! Im a new member to team working on 3d Art. Heres an example of some of my work http://imgur.com/a/sy64H . So coming into the team I have a Ithaca 37 ready to go, but im putting some love into the texture before sending it off. So as a community I need your help! Theres some fancy "Flair" I want to add to this weapon in the form of a "Snarky" quip on the side of the weapon. If you have a saying you think that would fit the weapon let me know, but please keep it in good taste.

abcacb43e87234322edcfe0bf920d00f.png
dc1535969e6861777344d21a0655c7e5.png

a5775240d324ea013d6c894b7c561d0a.jpg

• Like 5

"Snarky Text Here."

Oh, you I like. :D

Hrm- off the top of my head:
>An arrow pointing towards the barrel and the words "Diplomatic Solution"
>"Flower Power"
>"Elmer Fudd Special"
>"Accuracy through volume"
>"Saigon Fly-Swatter"
>"Smile for the Camera!"
>"Who needs sights?"
>"Weed-Whacker"

Not that I've ever thought about what I'd write on a shotgun before or anything :ph34r:

• Like 1

12 gauge freedom spitting, vc killing, motherf**ker of death

(censored for the sensitive)

If that would fit.

" open up and say ahh "

" Night Night Charlie "

" Smoke this "

:P

nice n_icomach , good to see you in the Unsung family.

great progress, only gripe i have are the sounds are too quiet in combat. 

maybe give jarhead a call and get him to help out ;) 

Are the rocket (FFAR?) explosion sounds really load for anyone else? It's like full volume no matter the distance. I think it was with the "UNS_UH1C_M3_ARA" huey. Haven't seen anyone else reporting this so it might be something on my end.

yeah they are too loud. we have this in hand.

• Like 1

Please note that Unsung Bravo is not compatible with ALFA. Civilians units apart, all name classes of units have changed, new or existing!

So, scripted spawn of units for ALFA can't work on BRAVO, even for existing units.

Furthermore, huts are <nullObject> on Bravo (most of them). So, paths from hut to hut for armed patrol or civilian life,  but also weapons/items loot in houses are not compatible.

Scripted mission on Alfa must be rewritten for Bravo... or not.

great progress, only gripe i have are the sounds are too quiet in combat. 

maybe give jarhead a call and get him to help out ;)

<_<

Please note that Unsung Bravo is not compatible with ALFA. Civilians units apart, all name classes of units have changed, new or existing!

So, scripted spawn of units for ALFA can't work on BRAVO, even for existing units.

Furthermore, huts are <nullObject> on Bravo (most of them). So, paths from hut to hut for armed patrol or civilian life,  but also weapons/items loot in houses are not compatible.

Scripted mission on Alfa must be rewritten for Bravo... or not.

yeah sorry about this Pierre.  We did give everyone a heads-up about this at the beginning of bravo development and several times during the build.

You can change your units over in a text editor.  Just save-as your mission and deselect binarize mission files.  then open the mission.sqm in notepad++ (free to download and much better than notepad, which breaks long lines of text intermittently) and search and replace each class using our classnames spreadsheet to choose new classes.  .

This will take you about a day and your mission will be working again.

For all of my missions I have playable units and a couple of side-dependent units only in the mission.sqm, so that's an easy transition to make, say if i change my mission to brit forces, or US, or russian, etc.  In the init.sqf for the mission i have arrays for units and vehicles, and then use scripts to createvehicle whatever units i want which use "unitarray1 select random (count unitarray1 - 1)" (that's shorthand, not working code, you egt the idea though) .  this also allows you to randomise your mission more, and to quickly add or remove vehicle, helicopter, boat, tent, trap, soldier or weapon types in the mission.  so when we bring out charlie, you just pop open the init.sqf and add the new charlie classes to each relevant array.

• Like 1

Thanks for very much for all your hard work.

Now that Bravo has been released, I really hope that we see more missions, in particular COOP.

In the meantime, here are some good photos from Nam that you might not have seen before:

http://www.thevietnamslideproject.org/

loving this mod, the only real problem i'm getting is randomised facewear. anyone else or is it just me? 

• Like 1

Hey guys! Im a new member to team working on 3d Art. Heres an example of some of my work. So coming into the team I have a Ithaca 37 ready to go, but im putting some love into the texture before sending it off. So as a community I need your help! Theres some fancy "Flair" I want to add to this weapon in the form of a "Snarky" quip on the side of the weapon. If you have a saying you think that would fit the weapon let me know, but please keep it in good taste.

If I could make a suggestion, one of my favorite books is "The Day Before Midnight" by Stephen Hunter (the guy who wrote "Point of Impact" which later became the movie "Shooter" with Marky Mark). One of the main characters is Walls, an illiterate Vietnam Vet and ex-Tunnel Rat who's recruited from prison to help a Delta Force unit break into an enemy-occupied nuclear missile silo through an abandoned mine-shaft. His weapon of choice was a sawed-off shotgun he called Mr. Twelve.

Since Walls wasn't much good with letters maybe "Mr 12" would be better.

Hey Sav, still doing the Siagon Shimmy.

Pics and vids look great guys.

Hey Sav, still doing the Siagon Shimmy.

Pics and vids look great guys.

Good to see you still around csj :)

yeah, he's like the unseen architect... almost everything in the mod has been crafted somewhere along the way by csj. legend!

CSJ, I am sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that your "Hunter Killer" mod is sorely missed! Especially for an avid OH-6 fan like myself   :)​