sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0b - BRAVO Released !!!

does anyone know or have a full classlist for weapons/equipment by any chance?

does anyone know or have a full classlist for weapons/equipment by any chance?

You do realize that if you search the topic you will find what you are looking for... just click the little Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass button... just click it...

classnames.jpg

Am I missing out on the downloadlink for the bikey or is it intentionally not included?

*Unsung Community Announcement*

In response to the Tanoa DLC release, It has been decided that future unsung releases will in fact require the latest DLC from Bohemia ... The unsung has always used new content and assets from these packs to make the mod a much more in depth jungle simulation. And I'm sure most will agree the tanoa foliage will definitely enhance the experience. 

To those whom do not want to purchase the Tanoa update,  Unsung 3.0b release already has a lot of content to keep you going and hope you understand our decision.

• Like 10

yeah the guys are really impressed with Tanoa so far.  The trails, sounds and vegetation are just great. We will be using this stuff in our maps going forward.

Next release is scheduled around late autumn, xmas maybe, so you have plenty of time to save up or to wait for a sale weekend...

tanoa1_zpsctnudsg4.jpg

tanoa2_zpsfy8h4snd.jpg

• Like 3

I think you guys just help sell a ton of Tanoa upgrades! :D

yeah the guys are really impressed with Tanoa so far.  The trails, sounds and vegetation are just great. We will be using this stuff in our maps going forward.

Next release is scheduled around late autumn, xmas maybe, so you have plenty of time to save up or to wait for a sale weekend...

tanoa1_zpsctnudsg4.jpg

tanoa2_zpsfy8h4snd.jpg

will be Perfect! there are already some assets that are useful!

Yeah the jungle flora from Tanoa is like a big christmas gift for the Unsung map maker ! :dance1:

Bug:  i've noticed that a few sound (speak files) are missing, all sigh, laugh and yawn sounds, basically all group speak sounds when these are in safe modus.

cheers

By going to APEX does that mean that for those that won't or can't afford to buy the DLC will be stuck with what we have now?

Please clarify

Thanks

Wiley P

Apex Expansion wil be delivered as a EBO but ONLY to people who own APEX, this means that you HAVE to have APEX to play on the charlie release. if you do not have APEX you won't be able to play on UNSUNG Charlie so your stuck with UNSUNG Bravo.

btw there is currently stilla 20% discount on it and it might even be in some steam sales before that (remember steam summer sale is inbound)

• Like 1

Apex Expansion wil be delivered as a EBO but ONLY to people who own APEX, this means that you HAVE to have APEX to play on the charlie release. if you do not have APEX you won't be able to play on UNSUNG Charlie so your stuck with UNSUNG Bravo.

btw there is currently stilla 20% discount on it and it might even be in some steam sales before that (remember steam summer sale is inbound)

Its probably not the answer that everyone was looking for but I can support and understand the decision. The assets that Apex should give the Unsung team to work with are too good to pass up.

The only alternatives to just going with Apex is either

A. Ignore its existence and keep making the mod for Vanilla A3

B. Try to support both and make an Unsung Lite version for those who don't have Apex.

I think Unsung is probably going to end up being better WITH Apex than without it, and going down the route of trying to keep everyone happy will only end up making things more complicated and difficult ("Oh you're having problems with Unsung, did you install the Lite version or the Apex version?"). Like it or not Apex is where things are going for Arma 3.

I can understand and appreciate that buying a DLC / expansion just to play a favorite mod may seem unfortunate if you don't want the DLC for any other reason but to stay compatible with Unsung. The major factor in the Unsung Team's decision to support the move to APEX is the jungle environment. Seems obvious considering Vietnam is tropical. The thing is, there will be many advantages to using native A3 jungle models going forward rather than relying on 3rd party A2 content ported to A3 to create the jungle maps.

yeah we hope the foliage will be better optimised than our older models, so better FPS for you in bigger maps.

do remember though, we don't plan to release charlie update til near xmas.

so you have plenty of time to save up - like $5 a month

I would be shocked if anyone would be upset with your decision to go with Apex.  Charlie is going to be amazing!

the way i look at these things is the guys making unsung are making it cause they want to play Vietnam on the Arma engine. They just happen to be kind enough to release it to us. If we don't want to use Apex, its cool, they still get to play Vietnam the way they want with no skin off their backs. Having said that though i was considering getting apex and then unsung was the final straw to convince me so i guess BI should thank you guys for the increase in sales.

• Like 2

Using Tanoa/Apex as a requirement for Unsung is absolutely the right decision :) In this case I really hope other terrain makers will update their tropical, middle eastern and african maps too. I think there is no need for A1/A2 vegetation and rocks etc on such maps anymore...

cheers and thx again for this amazing mod :)

• Like 1

If you either can't afford or will not purchase Apex, the current "Bravo" release is the end of the line!

We're trying to avoid the inevitable cluster fuck that will be just like the ACR vs. ACR-Lite mess.  "oh you can't join it says missing BLAH so you need to download and install the ACR patch".  Mark my words - the APEX release will be that same tomfoolery ALL OVER AGAIN.  Let's start the drinking game early - count every time someone tries to join the MP server and reports it here or elsewhere... "I can't join the server it says I'm missing Tanoa stuff" --- DRINK!   LOL

Edit to add more rambling... had the Apex "DLC" been called a new version (let's call it Arma 3.5) then there would be no issue whatsoever.  I'm curious to see how much of a conundrum this will be, or whether a "lite" pack will be released that causes the "buy this DLC now" splash screen to occur.  Popcorn at the ready :)

• Like 1

Let's start the drinking game early - count every time someone tries to join the MP server and reports it here or elsewhere... "I can't join the server it says I'm missing Tanoa stuff" --- DRINK!   LOL

what are we drinking?

so now this is a payed mod well thats kinda screwing your donatores isint it 

wild just saying i didint try to join the server i just saw the thread an d in my opinion i thinks its bs to donatores if they dont have apex

but it has nothing to do with donaters, the profits from apex aren't going towards unsung, so its not circumventing the donation process (if the unsung team actually has one in the first place). The fact of the matter is as i said earlier, these guys want to play Vietnam, they are being kind enough to let us use their stuff. They could just as easily say 'nah we'll keep it to ourselves'. If they want to use apex its not for us to complain about, cause at the end of the day i haven't bothered to make a Vietnam mod, doubt you have too, so we have no say to the guys actually bothering to make the mod. We should just be grateful and show support, the community isn't here for complaining....which unfortunately is something i have seen a lot of. so yes pook has his own drinking game but i plan to get smashed tonight, and the fastest way is through complaints.

• Like 1