sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0b - BRAVO Released !!!

I'll see if we can get them added to the classnames spreadsheet

Thank you, Eggbeast.  I think I'm actually looking for the Faction classnames and not just the group ones, or what I need to make BIS AI respawn module work with unsung units.  In another note, how rude of me to simply ask without mentioning how much I appreciate all of your team's hard work.  BIS make's Arma great, but what makes it the absolute best experience in gaming history is the hard work of dedicated people like the Unsung team.  If you guys are accepting donations, please direct me.  

• Like 2

one of the 506th pilots doing CAS with the A-1

• Like 1

Thank you, Eggbeast.   If you guys are accepting donations, please direct me.  

Thanks for considering a donation. check my sig link for donation details.

EW clan takes donations on behalf of unsung, as they host our 50Gb svn, website, 2 public servers, and private test server. anything anyonecan donate to the kitty will be well appreciated. Samegoes for anyone enjoying playing on the public 24/7 moderated servers. If you wish them to be available please consider a small donation towards running costs.

regarding the faction classnames, these are simple, and we can add them to the sheet.

class CfgFactionClasses
{
    class UNSUNG_W
    {
        displayName = "U.S. (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 1;
        icon = "\uns_main\data\faction_usa_ca.paa";
    };
    class UNSUNG_E
    {
        displayName = "N.V.A. (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 0;
        icon = "\uns_main\data\faction_nva_ca.paa";
    };
    class UNSUNG_EV
    {
        displayName = "V.C. (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 0;
        icon = "\uns_main\data\faction_vc_ca.paa";
    };
    class UNSUNG_G
    {
        displayName = "A.R.V.N. (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 2;
        icon = "\uns_main\data\faction_arvn_ca.paa";
    };
    class UNSUNG_C
    {
        displayName = "Vietnamese (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 3;
    };
    class UNSUNG_NZ
    {
        displayName = "New Zealand (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 2;
        icon = "\uns_main\data\faction_nz_ca.paa";
    };
};

On Da Krong around grid 009966 some of the palm trees are floating a few feet off the ground. On Hill 191 at the 191 peak there's an invisible wall/building that stops bullets from going through it but not units.

Thanks for considering a donation. check my sig link for donation details.

EW clan takes donations on behalf of unsung, as they host our 50Gb svn, website, 2 public servers, and private test server. anything anyonecan donate to the kitty will be well appreciated. Samegoes for anyone enjoying playing on the public 24/7 moderated servers. If you wish them to be available please consider a small donation towards running costs.

regarding the faction classnames, these are simple, and we can add them to the sheet.

class CfgFactionClasses
{
    class UNSUNG_W
    {
        displayName = "U.S. (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 1;
        icon = "\uns_main\data\faction_usa_ca.paa";
    };
    class UNSUNG_E
    {
        displayName = "N.V.A. (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 0;
    };
    class UNSUNG_EV
    {
        displayName = "V.C. (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 0;
        icon = "\uns_main\data\faction_vc_ca.paa";
    };
    class UNSUNG_G
    {
        displayName = "A.R.V.N. (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 2;
        icon = "\uns_main\data\faction_arvn_ca.paa";
    };
    class UNSUNG_C
    {
        displayName = "Vietnamese (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 3;
    };
    class UNSUNG_NZ
    {
        displayName = "New Zealand (UNSUNG)";
        priority = 1;
        side = 2;
        icon = "\uns_main\data\faction_nz_ca.paa";
    };
};

Thank you for that.  I did get that information from the config viewer but got an error when using the NVA's "unsung_e" classname but when I used the ACV NVA units it worked perfectly.  I'll get the details on the error next time I get to editing.  In another note, I'd like to encourage others to donate to this awesome project in the wake of the Bravo release.  I saw there was only 5GBP donated before me and I know running servers and the effort to create this thing costs not only time but also money.  Please support this project!  This is the only mod like it on Arma 3 and I'd love to see much much more.  

Great work & Congratulations on your newest release.

We're having a problem with Saving our weapon kits after respawning. It goes back to the default kits.

We're running the newest update with Uniform pack and the Mission is the Evolution.

Thanks

=MS=Scout

TheMedicStation.net

Can't wait for some quality unsung alive time :D Anyone start working on the ALiVE configs yet? I can give ya a hand 

Am I alone in finding that the AI are lobotomised when using this mod?

I've just been messing around in the 3d editor, a single squad of US, walking across paddy fields towards VC in bunkers in a treeline. The VC just don't react. At all.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694683646

Screen shot of a VC guy who's been taken out of the bunker. The Squad walked straight past this guy, they didn't react to him, or he to them. His skill was 100%

As you can see I was able to walk up to him, walk around him, do a funky chicken dance in front of him, and he didn't even turn to face me.

Am I alone in finding that the AI are lobotomised when using this mod?

I've just been messing around in the 3d editor, a single squad of US, walking across paddy fields towards VC in bunkers in a treeline. The VC just don't react. At all.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694683646

Screen shot of a VC guy who's been taken out of the bunker. The Squad walked straight past this guy, they didn't react to him, or he to them. His skill was 100%

As you can see I was able to walk up to him, walk around him, do a funky chicken dance in front of him, and he didn't even turn to face me.

If you kill these guys they will remain in their gunner position and seem alive. Once shot in the head, they need to be replaced for their bodies to fall on the ground. Kill him, then move to gunner position, take his place, his dead body falls, job done.

Starting a campaign as the Viet Cong.

Need ideas for missions

How about the basics of insurgency?

1. Reconnoitre an AO for an assassination (recon), preferably in a civilian environment, e.g. bar, nightclub

2. Steal weapons from ARVN or US base (stealth)

3. Assassinate high-level officer, preferably in public & broad daylight (pistol or bomb)

4. Ambush Imperialists & their stooges after they have raided local areas (drives victims to support us), e.g. local villages (likely to very little and/or antiquated weapons)

5. Raid the FOB the imperialist cowards build on our door steps to sap their weak morale and rob them of their precious weapons (gain US arms)

6. Attack Imperialists' supply convoys (mines?)

7. Sabotage infrastructure built by the Imperialists, e.g. refineries, schools, radio stations, etc.

8. Protect our comrades contributions (Russian/Chinese supplies delivered from North) from their assaults by land & air (sea?)

9. Destroy the Imperialists FOB for good (deny their return by booby-trapping it)

10. Fight the Imperialists in their decadent cities (now armed with half-decent Soviet weaponry)

Due to Arma 3's lack of dialogue mechanics, much of the interaction aspects (building cells, recruiting members, infiltrating organisations, spreading propaganda, stock-piling weapons) are probably difficult to implement.

Starting a campaign as the Viet Cong.

Need ideas for missions

follow a PAVN regiment through the Tet offensive? like they stumble upon the Americans at camp serge and lay siege to the area.

What are the classnames for Rugdsai languages? Does the unsung version still have the same command variables to silence particular units or change their language?

Congratulations on the bravo release. I've been having a lot of fun with it so far.  Also, I noticed you guys released a small patch because of the visual update.  I wasn't sure if I downloaded the correct patch though.  Is the sky supposed to shift colors like this in the current version?

3E0EAAC279337C9C04830CB69398CFA1B895AAEC

Update your A3 install, and make sure your Unsung update is to the latest.

I'm having an issue using all unsung factions in the BIS Spawn AI Module.  I get the error "cannot get the group data, spawning was skipped!"  I'm using "UNSUNG_E" and have the side set to east..  I also have no issue when using vanilla arma 3 units or ACAV units on the same terrain combining both mods.  I don't know a lot about scripting but I think it may have something to do with the Spawn AI Module not being able to call the groups within the faction due to a coding error?  For lack of a better term anyway.

Just to repeat something we have said hundreds of times to people in this thread, in steam, on teamspeak etc...

Compatibility for

- ALIVE

- ACE

- ZEUS

- TFAR / ACRE

- 3DEN

- animations for gunners etc (hence them not falling off the statics)

- new hand anims

- bolt reload and GL anims etc

- PHYSX (hence the engine on sound after you leave a plane sometimes, and the failure of tracked amphibious vehicles)

- whatever else you try to use that is A3-specific (as we are all "vanilla unsung with A2" aficionados)

WILL NOT be ready until the DELTA release,

as BRAVO is porting in the units, gear, uniforms, boats, planes, statics, weapons, arty, limited vehicles and helis.

The point being that you can then start designing missions with the correct classnames.

In CHARLIE we will bring you more helis, planes, tanks, vehicles, units, islands.

Rebel is already working on ACE compatibility and so that may well come in CHARLIE version.

If anyone else wishes to volunteer to fix compatibility with any of the above, please come forward and make yourself known.

Once CHARLIE stage is complete, and we have ported everything from Arma 2, we will begin work on NEW STUFF.

you can track changes for the Charlie release here

• Like 1

If you kill these guys they will remain in their gunner position and seem alive. Once shot in the head, they need to be replaced for their bodies to fall on the ground. Kill him, then move to gunner position, take his place, his dead body falls, job done.

What? This has got eff all to do with them being dead or otherwise. No one shot him. Unless he died of boredom, he was very much alive. He just didn't react to me, or the US squad that walked through past him, and they did not react to him. At all.

This was using no other mod than the UNSUNG mod. I had used the 3D editor to place the units and waypoints. Looking at the above, could that be relevant? (I've been out of ARMA3 for a long time and when loading it back up discovered the 3D editor was becoming the defacto standard.)

There are known issues with the animations, thus that statement.

It may be the foliage has incorrectly hidden his eyesight.  Did you walk in front of his line of sight?  Have you tried that tripod in a completely open area, like a runway?  We are regularly engaged on an MP server vs. the bots so I know they work.  However there are some foliage issues that can certainly mask AI view.

Just to repeat something we have said hundreds of times to people in this thread, in steam, on teamspeak etc...

Compatibility for

- whatever you try to use that is A3-specific (as we are all "vanilla unsung with A2" aficionados)

WILL NOT be ready until the DELTA release,

I think that answers my question regarding the Spawn AI module, thank you.  In the meantime, I'll be using the ACAV mod just for the NVA respawn units.   I will have a persistent coop server running with a combined arms dynamic sector control scenario that should be ready soon if anyone's interested.  It will be loosely based on Operation Dewey Canyon.

hay while using the mission co - 22 i cant use supports because it says  i need a radio on me is there a way to fix this