sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0b - BRAVO Released !!!

OK I've just tested the patch quickly, it's all running smoothly, the sky is back on both maps and that rendering is doing the trick.  :P  Nice one, guys, congrats.

@pierre i'll ask razorback if he changed anything, but to my knowledge we didn!t modify the huts much from alpha.

Please make a full report with repro steps at armanam.eu forum

Hi,

After several hours, I'm still waiting for an email confirmation for this forum.

Anyway, the repro is very basic:

First, Launch Unsung Alfa with a simple player, near huts in Viet villages, in debug console "watch" for:

cursortarget

cursorObject

nearestObecjt [player, "house"]

All works fine! Hut have p3d model AND returns object.

Now, same check in Unsung Bravo. You only get the p3d with cursorObject, but no more cursortTarget or even nearestObject [player, "house"].

There are very few kind of "house" in Bravo: barracks in Sarge camp, so far.

All scenarios based upon spawns referring to houses, buildings are broken.

We've got some people in our group that don't use torrents. Will there be a direct link for the patch?

yes

pierre check again - your forum account should be working ok now

new classnames spreadsheet made by unsung team member Dr@gon is here

Cold you add a set flight height and 2-ship formations of all aircraft I will be a happy camper !  Thanks for a great mod.

those fireships are crazy fun. One of the best conversion mods since the days of FFUR

Has anyone else noticed the footbridges are gone when loading the game after the patch?  Maybe just me and I need to delete and reload again.

they are still there for me.

Thanks, must just be me.

they are still there for me.

Hello, can someone please tell me where I can get the GROUP class names?  I'm working on a persistent coop and need the group class names to us the BIS spawn module.  I checked the config viewer and it says for the NVA it's "UNSUNG_E" but I get an error using that so it must be inaccurate.

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask a couple questions regarding intermittent fps drops on CO22 Vietnam Evolution from the steam workshop. The only mods running are MCC and Unsung. A small group of us play ~3-12 players. The mission is hosted from my own server at home using a 1Gb/s fiber connection.

When an evolution Vietnam mission is started, everything runs great for about an hour. Usual arma related frames drops may occur (too many trees, lower view distance usually fixes it). However after about an hour of play we all start experiencing intermittent fps drops into almost exactly 15 fps from about 50. These drops happen every 3 - 8 minutes and last approximately 10 - 30 seconds. With no amount of graphics changes having any affect. As a test while these drops were occurring, I reduced my view settings to min (500), turned off shadows and turned every single graphics setting to off or low. The frame drops still occurred for the same severity and frequency.

This leads me to believe that this isn't a graphics issue. Though with arma I rarely rule anything out.

Does anyone have any clue on how I could go about troubleshooting this into finer detail? And/or know what could be the cause of this type of problem?

EDIT: This occurs with both terrains. Da Krong and Doung

Thank you for your responses.

• Like 1

@fiesta

the missions contain the exact same code. it is a lot of code inherited from Kiljoy's original Arma1 mission, plus lots more modular stuff written by R3F, Mando, norrin and others.  I have rewritten large chunks of it, and developed it a LOT in Arma 2.  When porting to A3, it seemed to work ok with stock units, but was hard to manage due to the constant stock engine / code changes in alpha. 

Also I have not been developing it during the past 6 months as I have spent every waking hour (literally) working on the MOD.

As a result the mission that you have right now, is a mixed bag of messy, half-finished code.  I plan to spend the next month redeveloping it.

• Like 1

Can I ask what the uniform pack is for? Is it included in the full mod or is it extra optional uniforms?

@fiesta

the missions contain the exact same code. it is a lot of code inherited from Kiljoy's original Arma1 mission, plus lots more modular stuff written by R3F, Mando, norrin and others.  I have rewritten large chunks of it, and developed it a LOT in Arma 2.  When porting to A3, it seemed to work ok with stock units, but was hard to manage due to the constant stock engine / code changes in alpha. 

Also I have not been developing it during the past 6 months as I have spent every waking hour (literally) working on the MOD.

As a result the mission that you have right now, is a mixed bag of messy, half-finished code.  I plan to spend the next month redeveloping it.

Ah understood. Thanks a bunch. It truly is a great mission

Can I ask what the uniform pack is for? Is it included in the full mod or is it extra optional uniforms?

I believe it is extra optional uniforms including differing camo, ranks, etc.

It is 90% additional uniforms with insignia i,e.; uniform with 25th Inf Div private, 25th inf Div corporal, 173rd Airborne Brig private....and so on. There are a few new textures i.e.; USMC uniform dirty, additional variants of helmet. As noted it is optional for those who want it. It was a part of Unsung 2.6 and was ported over for those who enjoy that. Some clans actually award rank to its members so its a nice to have.

• Like 2

Bug report; The Zeus interface will spawn the jets with no Ai in them.When I tried to manually control them,they show no ai present to control-message.

They also is having quite a challenge to bomb anything in-game-shooting off rockets into mid air.

I'll see if we can get them added to the classnames spreadsheet

• Like 2