sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0b - BRAVO Released !!!

Hi, i didn't see an answer on this: any way to find the huts in a script (house class) like it was in Unsung Alfa? My script for automatic spawning something in houses is broken. Thanks

Woot! downloading now.  Love me some Phantom.

Thanks!

Sorry I don't think they have the F-4s in yet, they've got just about everything but.

Excellent addon. My only hope is there are servers that actually host this mod and ping <400 for me (Aust). I've tried searching previously and could not find any Unsung servers :(

@pierre i'll ask razorback if he changed anything, but to my knowledge we didn!t modify the huts much from alpha.

The slick works fine for me, the only issue being first cargo slot needs tilting towards the rear 5 degrees.

When i tested it during building it was perfect otherwise.

Please make a full report with repro steps at armanam.eu forum

Ew is kindly starting up a second public server to run my da krong mission today, won't help with your ping though sorry, but there are australian unis about, try joining the unsung group on steam and posting a seeking unit message.

• Like 1

Wow!  This mod just reinvigorated ARMA:

* Creeping through the jungle and getting scared out of my seat by enemy's I walk right up onto.

* Jungle sound is awesome and immersive.

* Music in the Huey rocks!

* Ability to pack so many troops into the Huey; how many passengers can we stuff in there?

* Uniforms

* WP Grenades !! (I'm going to keep the unsung mod loaded even on other era scenarios just to keep the WP) (maybe make the smoke last longer?)

* Napalm !! Lovin'it!! (even better if you can keep the flames going as long as a typical smoke grenade lasts to simulate secondary burn)

* Bunkers, sniper trees, and spider holes are super immersive

Great work.  Let us know where to drop off the beers, you earned them!

• Like 1

Glad you are enjoying it. The nades will be even better once we get the custom grenade siunds working.

• Like 1

I don't receive the mail confirmation to login... :(

So, as I can't post on your forum, I post here:

2 bugs so far:

- UH-1B Slick, when using 3Den the gunners are in cargo position instead of using the M-60. They're on the right spot when using 2D however.

-The UH-1C, the reflex visor is not accurate, it's too high and unusable. The rockets and minigun fire beneath the visor.

both out of my range of either able or wanting to fix sorry man.

the 3den editor is WIP by BIS and not our problem.

if we line up the reflex sight the pilot would be floating in the air. he's too short for it.  in real life in vietnam these $2000 sights were NEVER used. I take great pride in re-enacting this by folding it away every time i get in the cockpit. they used grease pencils on the windscreen, and the door gunner would zero them in for whichever pilot he was due to fly with (based on their height), and mark a pencil cross.

• Like 2

both out of my range of either able or wanting to fix sorry man.

the 3den editor is WIP by BIS and not our problem.

if we line up the reflex sight the pilot would be floating in the air. he's too short for it.  in real life in vietnam these $2000 sights were NEVER used. I take great pride in re-enacting this by folding it away every time i get in the cockpit. they used grease pencils on the windscreen, and the door gunner would zero them in for whichever pilot he was due to fly with (based on their height), and mark a pencil cross.

NP mate, just wanted to let you know about those issues, nothing more :)

However, 2 more things:

- The problem encountered with the UH-1B is the same for various choppers, (C version aswell): the gunners spawn in weird position, sometimes on the chopper itself.

But as you said, it's an Eden pb ^^

-Concerning the C version, would it be possible for you to add the vanilla crosshair so we can see where we're shooting at - without the reflex visor?

Thanks

well we could, but i think it's more authentic you learn by practise. like the bombs...

learning to drop bombs manually was great fun for us in arma 2 unsung.

paying attention to height, attitude and airspeed before release, you soon learn to bomb well.

this simulates reality much better than tab locking trucks in dense jungle eh

same goes for the gunship rockets and guns i think - spend some time with it, learn it til its muscle memory, kinda like i can get in the blackhawk any time and fly it when im half asleep or drunk, right between trees and buildings, towing a truck underneath... all because of all those hours i spent in paraiso doing this in arma 1...

training and becoming a competent CAS pilot gives you a great thrill when your buddies on the ground say "good bombs, spot on"

• Like 1

alternatively would having a version with a pencil drawn cross hair on the windscreen be considered?

• Like 1

not sure - we can try adding a decal but doing that on glass is a pita. i say live with it ;)

I subscribe to the theory that the Germans did with the MG42

'If i fire enough bullets at a large enough body of people, one will eventually hit the other'

and if that doesn't succeed i can always call in napalm to destroy all evidence it was me who tried. 

alternatively would having a version with a pencil drawn cross hair on the windscreen be considered?

Don't joke. I flew with the same kind of visor 30 years ago! And bombing was a question of diving angle, release altitude... and target fixation avoidance.

• Like 1

oh really? wow, what were you flying, and for who? if you don't mind me asking  :)

Also this ain't me questioning your credibility, just genuinely interested  :D

thats one of those planes that just looks right for the job, you know what i mean? You just look at it and go 'yeah...I can see that killing me' 

The visual update messed up your fine work, bad timing. Any settings to fix the saturation and weird sky?

patch on the way. we knew this would happen, just not when.

• Like 2

patch on the way. we knew this would happen, just not when.

Thx for such reactivity !! :) 

Tell you what, PM me your address and I'll drive over and mark an "X" on your monitor with my grease pencil :p

look at the new lighting on vilas' AK... gorgeous

ak1_zps7s4spkli.jpg

torrent file for patch:

http://server.elite-warriors.co.uk/eggbeast/projects/uns/UNSUNG_3.0b-3.1b_Patch.rar.torrent

- fixed map sky for the two included maps, with BIS' new lighting update today

- added pooks new script for deleting fallen trees en-masse with the bulldozer

- fixed TOW huey optic popup

- fixed M163 fired script popup

anyone playing on the EW server can get the update directly in PWS using our PWS repo.

hop in our TS if you are joining the server tonight and want the update directly.

otherwise more seeds please guys!

• Like 2

Tell you what, PM me your address and I'll drive over and mark an "X" on your monitor with my grease pencil :P

Must resist urge to call bluff! gaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Thanks for the patch. I'm a new user of the mod and am just wondering.. I keep seeing people talking about two maps but I only have Da Krong? Is the other one only in the beta?

• Like 1