sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0b - BRAVO Released !!!

Google Drive worked absolutely fine for me this afternoon, coming down at about 7MB/s, but it seems either I just got lucky, or I broke it for everyone else :)

Thanks for all the time and effort that`s going into this, guys. Still got a fair amount of work to do tonight, but I`ll be spending most of tomorrow looking through all the new toys you`ve added.

guys please be patient - it's al;ways like this on opening weekend. it will calm down in the next few days.

I'm at 30% in about 5 mins using the torrent.

please respect our license specifically, DO NOT UPLOAD IT TO STEAM, as by committing this action you automatically donate all our materials and IP rights to Valve Inc, and our contributors in the dev team (present and historical) would seriously object to this.  Please remember - we don't mind a rehost on dropbox or googledrive, or armaholic or PWS or a torrent, but do not use STEAM. If you do, we will ahve to mount (yet another) takedown.  It's far more productive to let us develop software for you to enjoy, than to have us taking time out to deal with members of our user base uploading our materials to steam.

Steam is fine for missions.  I have put my missions on steam, but i'm not bothered so much about them burning my IP rights.  However the mod is a different beast altogether.

ok in the time it took me to write this I got the mod by torrent - thanks guys for setting that up.

Thanks man for trying out the torrent I created. I hope it worked out well. I really hope it gives people a chance to get the mod without having any troubles of the google drive. Thanks for responding to the issue as well! :D

• Like 2

Is the uniform pack more high quality uniforms or just more variety of the arma 2 ports

The uniform pack just adds more variety. Most of what you'll find in the uniform pack are separate uniforms for each US unit represented in Unsung Bravo with the unit insignia and various rank insignia. There are some additional uniform and helmet textures as well. Any higher resolution uniforms will probably be part of a future release.

• Like 1

do i return the favour and seed after? how do i do it? never used a torrent in my life...

I will try and get our public co-op server on tonight but it will defo be up by tomorrow.

If anyone wants to rent an unsung server running my Evo mission (or anything else) ask at EW Hosting.

Those guys deserve a plug as during the last 6 months, completely free of charge, they provided us with:

1. SVN for 40Gb+ of project development files spread across 20+ developer clients

2. Website

3. Facebook site

4. 64 man game server for testing beta version of Bravo

They are cool guys, and will serve a clan well, who wants a game server.  They didn't ask me to plug them, but I'm doin it anyway.

• Like 1

Okay, Sonsalt from play with six has found some issues and will try to sort it out..

Sonsalt withSIX

14 minutes ago

I can confirm that there is a network issue, priority ticket created. Thanks for the report should be resolved shortly

do i return the favour and seed after? how do i do it? never used a torrent in my life...

I will try and get our public co-op server on tonight but it will defo be up by tomorrow.

If anyone wants to rent an unsung server running my Evo mission (or anything else) ask at EW Hosting.

Those guys deserve a plug as during the last 6 months, completely free of charge, they provided us with:

1. SVN for 40Gb+ of project development files spread across 20+ developer clients

2. Website

3. Facebook site

4. 64 man game server for testing beta version of Bravo

They are cool guys, and will serve a clan well, who wants a game server.  They didn't ask me to plug them, but I'm doin it anyway.

Seeding should be automatically done after downloading it. It will say "Seeding" somewhere on the client or torrent. Thanks BTW again!

Sonsalt withSIX

5 minutes ago

We just recently exchanged central parts of the network, looks like some registration failed. We repaired the issue and it should be fixed soon.

Could someone take a look and see if PWS works now?

Okay, Sonsalt from play with six has found some issues and will try to sort it out..

Could someone take a look and see if PWS works now?

It seems to be updating properly now. Thank you for reaching out to the withsix guys. :)

Torrent is rolling like a mofos now

52 seeds... nice work gents

I'll seed after as well

Eggbeast,

Do you still have a mission that uses the Nimitz?

Thanks,

Vengeance

My up speed right now is 1.1mb.

Get in there guys :)

Eggbeast,

Do you still have a mission that uses the Nimitz?

Thanks,

Vengeance

no, the Nimitz isn't ready in A3. That's up to TeTeT to finish porting, maybe in charlie eh

• Like 1

How do you use the knife item, that spawns on pilots?

you don't. I shelved the code rewrite for that in favour of getting a slick in the release.

knives and bayonets will be working in charlie release.

Im super excited to play this on your public server when its up :D

Outstanding, solider! Downloading at top speed at the moment, I'll be seeding my ass off.

Thanks man appreciate it. Glad to see people are using my torrent.

• Like 1

Hi, really cool mod. Love the map and the vehicles are kool too. I've got a problem though. I've placed out a huey helicopter and gave him a waypoint but he wont follow it. The helicopter just flies straight up in the air. I've tried with pretty much every helicopter type and they wont follow their waypoints. Anyone knows why / has the same problem?

can you confirm the classname of the helicopter you are having problems with?

Well , I just got up .... :P I didn't anticipate google drive falling over .. ahh well .

I'm uploading to mega when its done I will post the links

• Like 1

can you confirm the classname of the helicopter you are having problems with?

Seems to affect every huey. Haven't tried the others yet. I've toyed around with it a bit and it seems like the helicopters either fly extremely slowly ( about 60 kph ) and just keep increasing their altitude until they reach max altitude or they just fly straight up. I've been having varied results but nothing has made them fly like regular choppers. 

I mostly tested the slick though, and the classname for that I believe is uns_UH1D_m60.

Edit: Just tried the uns_H13_gunship_CAV and it had the same problem. Seems to be with every chopper from the mod. ( have not tested every single one though ). 

I played another mod with a similar problem. I'm not sure, but I think they fixed it by adding the choppers to the NATO faction which made them fly like regular choppahs. Don't quote me on that though. I also tried putting a NATO pilot inside of one of the hueys and gave him a waypoint, but it unfortunately it didn't change anything.

Seems to affect every huey. Haven't tried the others yet. I've toyed around with it a bit and it seems like the helicopters either fly extremely slowly ( about 60 kph ) and just keep increasing their altitude until they reach max altitude or they just fly straight up. I've been having varied results but nothing has made them fly like regular choppers. 

I mostly tested the slick though, and the classname for that I believe is uns_UH1D_m60.

Edit: Just tried the uns_H13_gunship_CAV and it had the same problem. Seems to be with every chopper from the mod. ( have not tested every single one though ). 

I played another mod with a similar problem. I'm not sure, but I think they fixed it by adding the choppers to the NATO faction which made them fly like regular choppahs. Don't quote me on that though. I also tried putting a NATO pilot inside of one of the hueys and gave him a waypoint, but it unfortunately it didn't change anything.

Yes, the exact same thing happened with me.  I had 3 Hueys and ordered them to seek and destroy to this location.  Only one helicopter moved exactly like you described, slowly came to the seek and destroy point increasing in altitude then hovered at max altitude.  The other two helicopters had their crews eject and parachute down while the pilot stayed in a hover without moving.  Strange.  This is under the latest Arma 3 Release Candidate build too.