sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0b - BRAVO Released !!!

I have created 2 missions to help familiarize pilots with Wild Weasel missions.  These are live and ready to play with Bravo :)

The first mission is a simple "how-to" tutorial for use of the anti-radiation missile detection and engagement actions.  If you are familiar with my pook_SAM pack you are already familiar with the process... User Action to first "Detect Radar", and once painted, User Action to "Engage Radar".  Since the radar vehicles in the AAA and SA-2 sites are incapable of targeted engagement (i.e. you can't just "tab-lock" them), the anti-radiation missile system will be crucial to keeping the skies safe for the choppa pilots.

The second mission is a nice little "kill all bad guys" mission where you as the Wild Weasel pilot get an airbase chock full of aircraft which you can fly against a randomly spawning SAM/AAA site.  You can play this in SP mode and use the "team switch" to alternate between 4 different pilots if you so choose.  You can also play this mission as a MP mode mission with 3 of your friends!

My Bravo mission files can be subscribed via the steam workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032494151/myworkshopfiles

Among the radar vehicles you will encounter in the Bravo release are:

The SNR-75 "Fan Song" radar employed at SA-2 sites:

snr75.jpg

The SON-9 "Fire Can" radar employed by numerous AAA batteries including the ZU-23, KS-12 100mm AAA, and KS-19 120mm AAA:

son9.jpg

The SON-50 "Flap Wheel" radar used by the 57mm S-60 AAA batteries:

son50.jpg

And finally the PU-12 (9S482) radar which provides "early warning" acquisition for the ZU-23-4 "Shilka" batteries.  Since the ZU-23-4 batteries have their own on-board engagement radar, the detection scripts currently give these priority over the PU-12.

pu12.jpg  ZU234.jpg

There is one nasty surprise for the AAA sites.  The SON-9 radar will sometimes be replaced with the PUAZO-6/60 rangefinder.  This is a completely passive optical system that does not emit any radar signals.  Yep, it is a big huge range finder scope!  It provides the same fire control capability as the SON-9 with the AAA batteries slaved to the rangefinding unit.  A brave Wild Weasel pilot will have their hands full trying to overcome a site's AAA (in whatever form it may be!) while trying to rocket, cluster bomb, or otherwise engage the rangefinder unit!

PUAZO.jpg

Edit to add CLASSNAMES for individual unit placement.  NOTE that you can only have 1x of any of the site spawners placed in the map at one time.  e.g. 1x SA2 site and 1x S60 site would work.  However 2x SA2 sites would NOT work.  This was done for very specific reasons and to avoid serious lag issues.

////////////////////////////////////////////////
//              AAA units

/** ZSU-23-4 Shilka **/
pook_ZSU_NVA

/** ZSU-57-2 Sparka **/
pook_ZSU57_NVA

/** S-60 57mm AAA **/
pook_S60_NVA

/** KS12 85mm AAA **/
pook_KS12_NVA

/** KS19 100mm AAA **/
pook_KS19_NVA

/** ZU23 23mm AAA **/
pook_ZU23_NVA

//               SA-2 stuff

/** SNR-75 "Fan Song" Engagement\Tracking Radar **/
pook_SNR75_radar_NVA

/** S-75 "Divina" (SA-2) Static SAM Launcher **/
pook_SA2_static_NVA

/** SA-2 Decoy **/
pook_SA2_Decoy

//              Support Units

/** SON-9 AAA Targeting Radar **/
pook_SON9_NVA

/** PUAZO 6/60 fire control rangefinder **/
pook_PUAZO_NVA

/** P-12 "Spoon Rest" Acquisition /EW Radar **/
pook_P12_NVA

/** P-18 "Spoon Rest D" Acquisition /EW Radar **/
pook_P18_NVA

/** URAL Utility Generator Truck **/
pook_URAL_UTILITY_NVA

/** SON-50 "Flap Wheel" AAA Fire Control Radar **/
pook_SON50_NVA

/** PRV-11 "Side Net" Height Finding Radar **/
pook_PRV11_NVA

/** BTR60 HQ model with PU12 antenna mast (9S482 / 9S482M) **/
pook_PU12_NVA

//                   Bunkers

/** RAMPARTS **/
pook_Land_fort_artillery_nest
pook_Land_fort_rampart

// Site spawn units for placement in maps - 1x per map

/** SON-50 AAA Site Spawner - can be placed via editor or script - 1x per map **/
pook_SON50_spawnerNVA

/** AAA Site: PU-12 / ZSU-23-4 Spawner - can be placed via editor or script  - 1x per map **/
pook_PU12_spawnerNVA

/** AAA Site: SON-9 Spawner - can be placed via editor or script - 1x per map **/
pook_SON9_spawnerNVA

/** PUAZO 6/60 AAA Site Spawner - can be placed via editor or script - 1x per map **/
pook_PUAZO_spawnerNVA

/** AAA Site: KS-12\KS-19 / SON-9 Spawner - can be placed via editor or script - 1x per map **/
pook_KS12_spawnerNVA

/** AAA Site: KS-12\KS-19 / PUAZO 6/60 Spawner - can be placed via editor or script - 1x per map **/
pook_PUAZO_K12_spawnerNVA

/** SA2 SAM Site Spawner - can be placed via editor or script - 1x per map **/
pook_SA2_spawnerNVA

• Like 2

Awesome job guys!  Very well done and the landing at the Airport works great! ;)

Awesome work on the update? Just a question, are there supposed to be no unarmed Hueys/Hueys just armed with M60s or am I blind?

Get this error when i try to download it:

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Hope you can solve it? :-(

hey, major issue, google gives me and my squad this when i want to download it:

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Why exactly did you put AIM-54s on the outer racks of the F-111 when the F-111 had no ability to mount the missile or to guide it because it had no radar?

(Are you trying to make an F-111B?)

Possibly an oversight on the team members who equipped that bird.  Edit - or not.  The load out research is pretty comprehensive so it may be accurate.  Remember this is a VIETNAM era bird, not a modern.  So those who equip the birds, while not perfect, do their due diligence in researching before they arm the birds. They will be the ones to have the final say on that.

Any chance of getting a Torrent link? We can't download from Google anymore...

Updated mod v3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

New guys, you need to download from here!

Updated mod v3.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hmm cant find it other than the alpha version in pws?

Congrats on Bravo release Unsung Team. I have been following this mod through development and wow such amazing progress and attention to detail. Keep up the fantastic work !!

New guys, you need to download from here!

Only alpha version

And for those who don't have a Sync client? A Torrent would make things easy for a lot of us...

And for those who don't have a Sync client? A Torrent would make things easy for a lot of us...

Yah Sync does not want to work for me.

Doubt a torrent will ever be utilized, sorry.  Not my dept. so I can't say for certain.  HOWEVER...

http://withsix.com/

install_Bravo2.jpg

You can't miss it... right-click... "install"

install_Bravo.jpg

Can take some time to get indexed into the PWS mod search, but you already can see and install it on the frontpage, just click on home in the upper left corner and there you should find it.

Doubt a torrent will ever be utilized, sorry.  Not my dept. so I can't say for certain.  HOWEVER...

http://withsix.com/

install_Bravo2.jpg

You can't miss it... right-click... "install"

install_Bravo.jpg

I've just finished downloading it via PWS and i can confirm that it is the ALPHA release not the BRAVO release

I've just finished downloading it via PWS and i can confirm that it is the ALPHA release not the BRAVO release

Same it is the alpha version

Do as I have told in the post above you and you will find it. it's a seperate mod. It is up there as extra mod since you have to delete the old one anyway.

Edit: The Alpha that is in PWS has nothing to do with Alpha, Bravo and Charlie, like they do here on Unsung, it is just how PWS handles this, they use Alpha, Beta and Release.

Do as I have told in the post above you and you will find it. it's a seperate mod. It is up there as extra mod since you have to delete the old one anyway.

I didn't even have the alpha version installed so. It is the the alpha version.