hnchmc

[WIP] Junkers Ju 87 Sturzkampfflugzeug "Stuka"

Hello all,

A few days ago I began work on creating a Junkers Ju 87 Sturzkampfflugzeug, or more commonly known as the "Stuka dive bomber" or "That plane that has that siren". The Ju 87 Stuka was a WWII dive bomber used in the Second World War by Germany. This aircraft is something of a unique one. On the wings were miniature propellers that powered the Jericho Trompetes (or Jericho Trumpets), which created that unmistakable screeching sound of the Stuka.

The great model is of the work of Helijah. More of his aircraft for flight gear are here

It should be noted that I have no experience with weapon cfgs, and that [Dust]Sabre, the person who always answers my stupid questions, is away. Therefore, the development of this aircraft will not be the fastest. As well, I have two other projects on the side, and I try to divide my time between all three. I'm trying to learn the most I can of weapon cfgs, and hope to have a working, in-game version by next week.

Plans for the Ju 87 Stuka

-Working tail gun

-Custom bombs, a 250 and 50 kilogram bomb

-Working Jericho Trumpets

-Fully working instrument panel

-Two sliding canopies. One for pilot, other for gunner.

-Dive brakes/Automatic dive recovery system (Maybe..)

-Second Version, Ju 87G Anti-Tank aircraft, with Anti-Tank cannons

-Static wreck model, able to be placed in 3DEN

-Possibly an arming menu (POSSIBLY) 

Progress of the Ju 87 Stuka

Exterior - 100%

Interior - 90%

Instruments - 20%

Tail gun - 0%

Bombs/Armaments - 0%

Model cfgs - 95%

Animations - 90%

Jericho Trumpets - 0%

LODS (Memory, Shadow, Geo) - 80%

^ Please note that the list holds no order of importance ^

As always, any and all help is GREATLY appreciated by some of the more veteran mod makers out there.

Enough about the issues, some pictures of the current model in bulldozer

IfAF5cC.jpg

TFcBaTB.jpg

AmZosZt.jpg

The addon will require Sabre's aircraft library, as it uses some materials.

Big thanks to the following

-Helijah for the awesome model and textures

-[Dust]Sabre for his sample models, and everything he has taught me

-Flanders25 for his major help, guidance, and second set of eyes when I miss something

That pretty much sums it all up. I will update the thread as work progresses.

• Like 8

Looking good. If you can get it to make the Stuka scream when it dives...oh wow! :) 

Well after being sleep deprived all night, and thanks to some help from Flanders25, I now have a rough version flying around in game

BxN2QES.jpg

(Yes, I know some glass is opaque. Glass in this game is the bane of my existence)

I will begin working on the weapons cfg and fixing a few things tomorrow, or the weekend. Right now I can't decide what to do with the flaps. Should I have it act as they do in real life, slowing us down, or should I use them to act as the dive brake (when they're at 50% lowered). Alternatively, I could leave the flaps as-is, and end up creating a custom action for speed brakes to assist in a dive bomb.

On a separate note, does anyone know of any addons that have a WWII fighter pilot? I'm currently using a vanilla jet pilot temporarily. Secondly, the Ju 87 is on Blufor. There is an american texture and that will be on independent.

you could try to contact the devs of the iron front preview lite version, they might give you a german pilot...

They even had ju87 in their game...

going_for_a_dive_4.jpg

Hello there

Lovely stuff.

If you can, IMHO, try to make it IFL compatible, as the OPFOR and Blufor may not be what you expect.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I was having Iron Front Liberation compatibility in mind when I assigned it to the BLUFOR side. I will look into making it compatible with IFL

• Like 1

Hi I saw your topic today and I wanted to know if you have stopped your work on this project ( beacause we have no news since some months ) or if you still continue because the Ju 87 is a great plane we need in arma 3. Thanks ;)

Hi I saw your topic today and I wanted to know if you have stopped your work on this project ( beacause we have no news since some months ) or if you still continue because the Ju 87 is a great plane we need in arma 3. Thanks ;)

Of course, I continue to work on it. I don't want to release a half-baked mod to the community. However, I am not working on it for the time being. Please read post #7 in my P-40 Warhawk thread to understand why. Thank you.

• Like 2

Hey all, I just figured I'd post a few photos so you all know there is still work being done. Real life and a few other projects get in the way  :P

Here is an album of what the aircraft currently looks like. I want to get my P40 out before this, so I can get plenty of practice with weapon cfgs.

http://imgur.com/a/ldG7y

• Like 5