This project is terribly out-of-date. So sorry...

I have a bunch of updates coming this winter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you bro! VON QUEST Please contact me Discord: Diveyez#1878 Steam: Diveyez

I want to help you get this up to par. There is a Heavy Lifters mod we need to consider.
I need to say something about new england clam chowder in the mix.
Yum.

• Haha 1

Two things, sweep the workshop, and post to workship signed with Dedicated functional. That will put your mod on top. #1 for sure.

On 12/24/2018 at 4:32 AM, Von Quest said:

This makes me truly excited to make those fancy missions now.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:32 PM, Von Quest said:

Lights and automatic lowering of ramp worked with HALO jump, I've modified that for use with the UNSUNG mission I've been working on... your modules are phenomenal and add so much immersion.

• Thanks 1

Getting back to work....
I removed the required Thermal Jumpsuit in a last unreleased update. I think I'll add an option where users can set their own Equipment Required settings for both ParaJumps, and HALO Jumps. When I upload the current version, you can wear your normal combat uniform for HALOs. Then the next update after that you can set whats required.

Also I'll be adding back in an extreme-alt setup as well (over 70,000'ft) in the fictional stealth drone.

I forget whats broken and what works right now.

• Like 5

Von, do you think it would be possible to increase the AI functionality with this (and FROGS)? Right now I mostly play either SP or with one friend with AI squadmates and I've found ways to make it work but for instance when you (player) jumps out of the plane, the AI will all clump together and when they eject and sometimes kill each other by running into each other, so I'm thinking maybe stagger them just slightly? 

Keep up the great work and I'm super excited for any updates!!

• Like 1

v0.3.0 Beta
=======================
ADDED: Upgraded Dragonfly Rig graphics
ADDED: New Basic Jump Helmet
ADDED: Accessories can get LOST on Jump (user option)
REMOVED: Moved ALL AOs into SCAR

REMOVED: Required HALO Gear, Jump with Normal Uniform
CHANGED: several misc tweaks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It should already be in there. I won't have time to check until this weekend.

When you are up in the plane, make sure you have a Red Chemlight in your Uniform, and use the player menu. Shift+L

I thought I added that a long time ago. You should have both Light and/or Smoke options. I'll take a peak when I get time. I'll be going through all projects this winter in more detail and fixing/upgrading.

• Like 1

I'm getting several errors, and when you jump with a backpack, it will put the cute on, but when you land, the cute is still on. I tried to remove it, and put the backpack on, but the cute is still attached to me. 

It's all kinds of broken for me right now (I'm pretty sure I have the newest version installed).

If I have time, I'll try to post a video later.

When you land, you have to use Shift+L and select 'Drop Chute'.

Then find the chute on the ground and there is an option on it to 'Bury Gear' (along with your other gear if it's in the same pile). If you don't bury it, there is a chance the enemy will find it and respond to track you.

2 minutes ago, Von Quest said:

When you land, you have to use Shift+L and select 'Drop Chute'.

Then find the chute on the ground and there is an option on it to 'Bury Gear' (along with your other gear if it's in the same pile). If you don't bury it, there is a chance the enemy will find it and respond to track you.

OK, I didn't know that. 

Here are the errors I'm getting, hope this helps.

28lrwxl.jpg

27zzqmw.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the screenshots! I'll take a look. I didn't get any of those in last test...

I'll be adding options so you can select what happens upon landing. I'm sure everyone is lost as well. LOL. It takes only an hour or two to crank out a feature, but seems like it takes longer to add all the documentation. I think numerous people would prefer the simpler automatic option of the Backpack just flipping back onto your back when you hit.

Right now, when you land, the Chute is still on your back, and your Backpack is on your front. You have to use the LEAP Menu to kick it off, and then find where it is on the ground. If you Gear-Up right on it, all the extra Jump Gear is added to the pile (groundWeaponHolder) and when you are ready, you can look/point at the pile of gear and there should be an option to "Bury Gear" and the entire pile and chute-pack should disappear.

If you don't bury it, then it runs a probability (set in module) to see if enemy troops can find and scramble to search for you.

Thanks for the feedback.

Clam Chowder.

Have you tackled the dedicated server issue yet?

• Haha 1

VQI -> https://devgru.club/site We love you! We support your work, if there is anything you need. Let me know.
At DEVGRU we focus on that style you had in mind for spookwarcom.

Good to see you in action brother!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll test some more myself.  I got the Core fixed for the stand so that I can exit to SUB/HALO etc.
Couple issues I noticed. 

• When I have the stand down but have the LEAP module set to System only instead of placing down the XC-130 at the LEAP module location it does not give me a loadmaster to file a flight plan
  • I have to set it for the XC-130 in order to file a flight plan, then run back inside the TOC to board the aircraft in flight.
  • when I made it to the ground, my backpack was empty of gear. It was also showing on a ground container.  I could drop my chute off by drag and drop, and put on my backpack which was now empty. 
  • There is no separate POA bottle for inventory.  You have to get it from the Terminal slot or whatever, then you have to remember to move it to the rebreather to have air when you jump.

Just now I tried to use this on a dedicated server with the module set to place xc130 on runway, and the players could not load into server properly. That is new, the older version just didnt work and the players could load in.

33 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

I'll test some more myself.  I got the Core fixed for the stand so that I can exit to SUB/HALO etc.
Couple issues I noticed. 

• When I have the stand down but have the LEAP module set to System only instead of placing down the XC-130 at the LEAP module location it does not give me a loadmaster to file a flight plan
  • I have to set it for the XC-130 in order to file a flight plan, then run back inside the TOC to board the aircraft in flight.
  • when I made it to the ground, my backpack was empty of gear. It was also showing on a ground container.  I could drop my chute off by drag and drop, and put on my backpack which was now empty. 
  • There is no separate POA bottle for inventory.  You have to get it from the Terminal slot or whatever, then you have to remember to move it to the rebreather to have air when you jump.

There is no need to place the plane down, just use the "system only" option.

You can file a flight plan at the Logistics Desk in the cubical across from the weight lifting area. 

You get the jump inspection from the guy in the back of the ops center wearing a flight suit. 

9 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

There is no need to place the plane down, just use the "system only" option.

You can file a flight plan at the Logistics Desk in the cubical across from the weight lifting area. 

You get the jump inspection from the guy in the back of the ops center wearing a flight suit. 

I'll try that. i could NOT find the damn Logistics area to get the flight plan filed.  Maybe just not enough coffee this morning.

7 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

I'll try that. i could NOT find the damn Logistics area to get the flight plan filed.  Maybe just not enough coffee this morning.

Here's the Logistics Desk.

kvluu.jpg

• Like 1

I placed down system only module and nothing works at all anymore. Nothing even shows up anywhere on Tonoa. I have to set it to the xc-130 instead.

UPDATE: v0.3.1 Beta
=======================
ADDED: User Select Gear for ParaJump Inspection
ADDED: User Select Gear for HALO Inspection
FIXED: Dropped Chute too far away from feet
FIXED: ParaJump now Automatic Ramp, Signal, etc
FIXED: AR3, Baro Pressure ASL...AAD
FIXED: ASTRA, GPS/Auto AGL......AAD
FIXED: Error if setting to 0 for Damaged Gear Option
TWEAK: Added a few Helper Hints; reduce confusion

-------

@Diveyez

The "System Only" is for using a Ops Center (from my CORE Addon; or your own). It just activates the scripts, etc. No Ground Plane or Crew.

Side Note:  I just checked out your Website, cool stuff man. I see you have the C-17 screenshot there. I used to support the C-17 for this project, but I believe its been taken out. I haven't tested it since I got my own custom C-130 for Jumps. I'll be adding it back in at some point I think if there is a demand for it. I'm spread super thin right now, and ArmA is kinda clunky and super time consuming to work in. Was that the "Heavy Lifter" you were referring to a while back?

As for Server/Dedicated support, unfortunately it is not coded or tested for those yet. Its mostly for SP. MP is limited right now. I'll be looking into those later on (expect a very long wait, sorry).

• Like 1

Von Quest: SInce you are working on this again, github.com/diveyez discord: Diveyez#1878
Link up with me and ill code some c++ and scripts to get this working on dedicated servers.
I would also like to add a C2A Greyhound to your pack, one that I am working on and have been for about 3 months since my new found love for HALO operations.

I just saw your response to me, somehow my browser loaded an old version of thread.

Sweet, if its in the works. I will gladly help, I am in Atom.io coding cpp and sqf scripts for HALO ops out of my own aircraft as well.