Impressive mod.

Am I doing something wrong if I don't get any lights at all? I just open the ramp and walk off the plane. The HALO jump works incledible, but I was expecting the blue light, then red, then blinking red, etc. that is mentioned in the readme. I also get a script error right after I exit the plane.

I have a feeling it's broken again right now. In the games we play, we haven't had to HALO in a while, but I swore it wasn't triggering all the effects and audio. I think the Trigger isn't detecting the first player in the plane. There should be Lights and Audio for a HALO. If it is working, you'd have to wait a minute or two before you get the "de-pressurzes" announcement and the Ramp will open automatically. In a low-alt ParaJump you'd have to open the Ramp manually.

My ArmA dev time has been about zero the last couple months. I'll try and do some updates this weekend if I can find the time. Super busy right now though. I have some possible new projects coming up, and don't know if I'll ever get to finish these mods. Grrr.

Hang in there fellas. I'll get back to you...

• Like 2

would it be possible to use this as a spawn option in Exile? The bambi player would spawn inside the plane with all the necessary gear already on and the plane 60k up or something and have the whole countdown and jump thing?

When they get to the ground, the gear disappears. and they have their default Bambi gear.

I would place the plane in the middle of the map or near the coast.

Negative. At least the way it is right now. You'd have to remind me later maybe this winter. It would take more time than I have right now to tackle that.

How does this mod perform in multiplayer with several players. Does only one need to activate "cleared for takeoff" and so on?

I think it's broken right now.

But... It works best if a client pc makes the Flight Plan, and then the server pc teleports last into the JumpPlane. But like I said, I don't think it's working right after one of the last updates. That being said, EACH player would have to click "cleared for take-off" to board (teleport) into the airborne aircraft. I should change how that's worded as I guess one would think it keeps taking off each time. Lol. Sorry. But, yeah. It's just to let each player board the plane.

I made it singular, so each player can clear the spot where you spawn into as I was worried some might clip or get booted out since the fuselage is small. It gives each player time to move out of the way for the next player.

20 hours ago, Von Quest said:

I think it's broken right now.

But... It works best if a client pc makes the Flight Plan, and then the server pc teleports last into the JumpPlane. But like I said, I don't think it's working right after one of the last updates. That being said, EACH player would have to click "cleared for take-off" to board (teleport) into the airborne aircraft. I should change how that's worded as I guess one would think it keeps taking off each time. Lol. Sorry. But, yeah. It's just to let each player board the plane.

I made it singular, so each player can clear the spot where you spawn into as I was worried some might clip or get booted out since the fuselage is small. It gives each player time to move out of the way for the next player.

So let me get this straight.

One player in the group clicks the Flight plan, and then everybody suits up. 
Then everyone clicks "cleared for take off" after each other. 
They then get spawned into the SAME airplane in the air? Or do the get SEPERATE airplanes?

1 hour ago, kennyleif said:

So let me get this straight.

One player in the group clicks the Flight plan, and then everybody suits up. 
Then everyone clicks "cleared for take off" after each other. 
They then get spawned into the SAME airplane in the air? Or do the get SEPERATE airplanes?

That's how it worked for me when I tried to use it in multiplayer.
It worked on a Virtual private server from a Host company when we used it like that.  The only issue was that the Altimeter's included in LEAP didn't work correctly on the server for individuals.
All players spawned into the SAME aircraft.

• Like 1

What he said.

Yes, you only file 1 FlightPlan. Then everyone gets geared-up for BOTH combat and the jump. If you are new, this can be confusing and intimating as you have to figure out how to pack everything you need. The great thing about ArmA is you can pack just about anything into your Backpack. I recommend the biggest pack like the Carryall Backpack. You can pack anything like weapons, uniform, etc as long as there is room.

I highly recommend the Advanced Tactical Ops Center from my CORE project. You start in the Ops Center, and gear-up from there. You don't need to place the Ground Plane. You'd teleport from the Ops Center into the JumpPlane. You still need BOTH Modules, and set the LEAP one to 'system only'.

Each project is separate, but originally meant to work as a large multi-mod system that all works as a symphonic organism if setup right.

Its still heavily WIP, and progress is very slow right now.

I'm getting off-track. Sorry. But, yeah... EACH player then gets teleported into the SAME Aircraft, so you can all jump at the same time. It doesn't work very well in MP right now, depending on which version of MP you play. This will be expanded upon, and polished up at some point in the future.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2017 at 0:43 PM, linuxmaster9 said:

would it be possible to use this as a spawn option in Exile? The bambi player would spawn inside the plane with all the necessary gear already on and the plane 60k up or something and have the whole countdown and jump thing?

When they get to the ground, the gear disappears. and they have their default Bambi gear.

I would place the plane in the middle of the map or near the coast.

No, not possible since there are already 2 spawn options hard coded into the ExileServer config.

How would I go about adding one? I added the marker and such on the map but I couldnt find where the spawns are located in the script files.

UPDATE

v0.2.7 Beta
=======================

CHANGED: RADAR floor is set to 200m ASL (HALO under)
CHANGED: Several RADAR tweaks, code tweaks, etc
ADDED: FLAK PODs!!!  *kaboom*
ADDED: Transition Cut Scene
FIXED: Broken audio & efx trigger (hotfix rewrite)

Note: RADAR is set to ASL (Above-Sea-Level) on purpose. You can HALO under the RADAR Sweeps as long as the terrain is low enough. 200m is about 650'ft, and you can Open your Parachute down to about 400'ft above the ground.

Also, I added FLAK PODs. They are meant for low-alt Anti-Heli Air Defenses. Still WIP, so they may fire when you are in your chute. Can't remember. You'll have to fly UNDER 100m to avoid them. And their Scan Range is out to 2km. I wanted to recreate the Ack Effect to make things tense. These are fairly inaccurate bursts of explosions. Similar to WWII FLAK. They will likely get moved into my SCAR Project in the next update, along with ALL the Air Defenses stuff.

Enjoy!!!

• Like 4

Thanks.

Reminder to everyone, the New Hotfix to trigger the Audio & EFX when waiting for the HALO countdown, is set to wait at least 60 seconds. So don't get too antsy and jump too soon. Its automated. The low-alt is manual. You'll have to open the Cargo Ramp yourself. Also the Audio is now too quite from BIS' last update. Grrrrr. I'll fix that later.

• Like 1

Hi !  I have a problem,

When I put your VQI LEAP module on the map, there is no plane but only 3 guys, so I can't HALO or PARAJUMP... :/

I'll take a look. What Plane/Option did you select?

The ONLY aircraft included is the XC-130 "Nightmare".

Do you have a tuturial how to use this mod? I can't get it to work.. 

Unfortunately the Documentation is out-of-date, and so is the Tutorial Mission. BUT, they are INCLUDED in the Docs Folder. I'll try and update them for the next release.

Until then,  a quick How To:

1. Place Module, Set Options. (recommend turning OFF, the SAMs, RADAR, and Flak [WIP])

2. Go to the guy at the BACK of the Plane (JumpMaster), and select "File a HALO FlightPlan" (or a ParaJump FlightPlan [no gear required for low-alt])

X. Gear-up in your Full Combat Loadout - You'll have to practice on how to juggle all of your gear here - you may have to lighten your loadout for a HALO Jump.

3. Gear-up in the REQUIRED HALO Gear (Thermal JumpSuit, Dragonfly Rebreather, HALO Helmet, Altimeter Watch)

4. Grab a POA Bottle, this is your Oxygen Bottle. Place it INSIDE your Rebreather

5. Go back to the same guy, and request a "HALO Inspection" - if you pass, he'll issue you your Parachute, and Pack your Backpack onto your front/chest.

6. Go INSIDE the Plane and find the LoadMaster, and Click "Take-Off" - You'll be transported into the Airborne Plane.

7. Turn "ON" your Dragonfly Rebreather (SHIFT + L for the Menu)

8. Turn "ON" your DSV Valve - this is the actual Oxygen Flow Valve

9. You have about 2 - 3 Minutes to do this before the crew DE-PRESSURIZES the aircraft.

10. Just enjoy the ride. Its fully automated for the HALO (not ParaJump).

11. Wait for the Cargo Ramp to Open.

12. Wait for the Green/Go Signal........

13. JUMP!

WIP

This is the simplified version. Enjoy!

On 10/1/2017 at 4:49 PM, Von Quest said:

Unfortunately the Documentation is out-of-date, and so is the Tutorial Mission. BUT, they are INCLUDED in the Docs Folder. I'll try and update them for the next release.

Until then,  a quick How To:

1. Place Module, Set Options. (recommend turning OFF, the SAMs, RADAR, and Flak [WIP])

2. Go to the guy at the BACK of the Plane (JumpMaster), and select "File a HALO FlightPlan" (or a ParaJump FlightPlan [no gear required for low-alt])

X. Gear-up in your Full Combat Loadout - You'll have to practice on how to juggle all of your gear here - you may have to lighten your loadout for a HALO Jump.

3. Gear-up in the REQUIRED HALO Gear (Thermal JumpSuit, Dragonfly Rebreather, HALO Helmet, Altimeter Watch)

4. Grab a POA Bottle, this is your Oxygen Bottle. Place it INSIDE your Rebreather

5. Go back to the same guy, and request a "HALO Inspection" - if you pass, he'll issue you your Parachute, and Pack your Backpack onto your front/chest.

6. Go INSIDE the Plane and find the LoadMaster, and Click "Take-Off" - You'll be transported into the Airborne Plane.

7. Turn "ON" your Dragonfly Rebreather (SHIFT + L for the Menu)

8. Turn "ON" your DSV Valve - this is the actual Oxygen Flow Valve

9. You have about 2 - 3 Minutes to do this before the crew DE-PRESSURIZES the aircraft.

10. Just enjoy the ride. Its fully automated for the HALO (not ParaJump).

11. Wait for the Cargo Ramp to Open.

12. Wait for the Green/Go Signal........

13. JUMP!

WIP

This is the simplified version. Enjoy!

Tried on dedicated server. Put the module down etc. Nothing spawns on server. Does it work on dedicated?

No.

SP -- Single Player Only right now.

MP (hosted) -- works, but slightly glitchy

MP (dedi) -- NO. Planned, but not soon

JIP -- Doubtful. No idea.

10 hours ago, Von Quest said:

No.

SP -- Single Player Only right now.

MP (hosted) -- works, but slightly glitchy

MP (dedi) -- NO. Planned, but not soon

JIP -- Doubtful. No idea.

Too bad. Really wanted to use this in our unit.