I wonder if its more broken with v1.66? The way we play, the chute is automatically dropped and replaced with your backpack when you hit the ground. And as for AI, I have no clue. I still have never played with them. I can't remember since I haven't touched the dev side in months now, but I believe I had them jump normal without the extra HALO gear.

When we played last time, the system seemed to work mostly good. I also think there may be a few mod conflicts (ACE3?) as well. I'm still undecided if I'll return or when to tinkering with these projects.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Von Quest said:

I wonder if its more broken with v1.66? The way we play, the chute is automatically dropped and replaced with your backpack when you hit the ground. And as for AI, I have no clue. I still have never played with them. I can't remember since I haven't touched the dev side in months now, but I believe I had them jump normal without the extra HALO gear.

When we played last time, the system seemed to work mostly good. I also think there may be a few mod conflicts (ACE3?) as well. I'm still undecided if I'll return or when to tinkering with these projects.

I've no idea, for the best part of it works as I want it to mate, I always thought the chute came off and the pack went on, lol, and the one I'm experiencing now is Parajump over the sea, AI open their chute, player piles in, but because I've got him set up to scuba he doesn't die, so it's still a winner for me, it's a really great addon to be honest.

6 hours ago, O.Languedoc said:

RoadRunner, Are you using the mod on a dedicated server?

Nope, solely for SP

Is it possible for the module to be implemented in a mission after starting? Basically what I'm trying to do is have it as a support you can unlock in a DUWS mission I'm working on. After unlocking I want to be able to place the module on a map click location so I can put it close to a dynamically or manually placed headquarters. Right now I'm just placing the module in editor and starting the DUWS mission which runs as usual, but that means that the module starts in a fixed location every time. Works fine, but being able to make it an unlockable support that I can place after I unlock it would be awesome.

I'm not sure about spawning a Module. But you can place the LEAP Module and set it to "System Only", and then when you are ready you can just add the addAction Menus to the Objects you need.

If you are comfortable with some scripting, you can add these to the Object(s) you need if/when they become unlocked:

[[JumpMaster, ["Flight Plan: XC-130 Nightmare -- H.A.L.O.", "missionNamespace setVariable ['planeType', 2, true]; missionNamespace setVariable ['flightHALO', 1, true]; missionNamespace setVariable ['flightPARA', 0, true]; execVM 'vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\FlightPlan\vqi_halo_flightplan.sqf'; [JumpMaster, 1]"]], "addAction", true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;
[[JumpMaster, ["Flight Plan: XC-130 Nightmare -- ParaJump", "missionNamespace setVariable ['planeType', 2, true]; missionNamespace setVariable ['flightPARA', 1, true]; missionNamespace setVariable ['flightHALO', 0, true]; execVM 'vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\FlightPlan\vqi_halo_flightplan.sqf'; [JumpMaster, 2]"]], "addAction", true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;
[[JumpMaster, ["S.A.M. Intel Report", "execVM 'vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\Airspace\vqi_halo_sam_mkrs_intel.sqf'; [JumpMaster, 3]"]], "addAction", true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;
[[JumpMaster, ["H.A.L.O. Inspection", "[player] execVM 'vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\FlightCrew\vqi_halo_inspection_halo.sqf'; [JumpMaster, 4]"]], "addAction", true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;
[[JumpMaster, ["ParaJump Inspection", "[player] execVM 'vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\FlightCrew\vqi_halo_inspection_para.sqf'; [JumpMaster, 5]"]], "addAction", true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

[[LoadMaster, ["CLEARED for TakeOff", "[player] execVM 'vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\FlightCrew\vqi_halo_takeoff.sqf'; [LoadMaster, 1]"]], "addAction", true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Just change the names JumpMaster and LoadMaster to the Objects you want to have those Menu Options. Then you can also spawn the HALO Crate and C-130 Plane as needed. Not sure if that helps, as I haven't worked on this in a long time. I'm also not sure what works and what doesn't right now. I should be coming back to this project in a few weeks or so to take a closer look at its current state.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'll look into it! For now I found another work around which is using Larrow's Eden Composition Spawning script to spawn your module as a composition and that works too.

- UPDATE -

v0.2.5 Beta
=======================

FIXED: Bad Map Config on custom User Maps
FIXED: Missing Re-Breather Error
ADDED: Moved RADAR Air-Defences into LEAP
CHANGED: Increased SAM Activation/Launch
CHANGED: SAMs & RADAR now have set Height!
CHANGED: Intel increased to 5min

• Like 4

Negative. Thanks! Good spot. I'll try and contact him/them later. And he's using an old buggy version. He's also using it wrong. Lol.

Anyway, thanks!

• Like 2

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your awesomes mods by the way.

I have a little problem with this mod.

It works perfectly on clean maps, but when I use it for my scenario, it gone wrong.

When I ask for a HALO or ParaJump, the maker report -615ft and the Plane and I spawn at the left botom corner of the map under water.

There is a screenshot of the markers.

Spoiler

259726HALOBUG.jpg

Spoiler

535973HALOBUG2.jpg

Edited by Timothée Dhesse

Thanks,

Not sure what happened there. I'll have to get back to you. Just saw your PM on Armaholic too. I'll take a look.

• Like 1

Thanks

I searched by myself but I dont know how your mod and cripts works. Is it possible that markers/scripts/trigger I use/create may cause trouble with your mod ?

Edited by Timothée Dhesse

VonQuest, was your mod updated for dedicated server over the past year? Our community would love to use it.

Negative. Sorry. And no plans until it moves further along. I'm tempted to get a donation button, and then I could be bribed. *wink*

@Timothee

Sorry pal. I've been sick this past week. Haven't had time to look. The way we play (system only) it was working fine. Feeling a tad better, so I might have time to take a look this weekend.

• Like 2

$100. I have zero plans to use this on Dedicated. It makes little sense to spend the weekend working on code and setup for something I'm not going to use. It's only roughly about 50% done in its current state.

Since I know next to nothing about Dedicated Servers for ArmA, it may only take an hour or two, or it could take all week. I'll work on anything for a price. Otherwise everyone will have to wait until it's closer to v1.

Where is the donation button for Dedicated server support so I can give you money? :)

Von,

It's great to see that you are working on the mod again.

I had a couple of quick questions.

Para jump worked fine for me, but when I try to HALO jump, the jump master says I don't have oxygen. I have the oxygen bottle in re-breather, is that correct? 

Also, I didn't see an option for para dropping the quad bike, raft, or ammo box, is that feature not in the current version?

Thanks

Like I said, its good to see you back.

Thanks. Yup, I'm back. And I noticed that as well in testing it a few days ago. I goofed a classname. I'll upload a fix soon. For now, use the VA to grab the other re-breather (same name). The one in the crate is wrong.

I'll look at the cargo options too. We never use them, so I didn't test those.

19 hours ago, O.Languedoc said:

Where is the donation button for Dedicated server support so I can give you money? :)

I second this!

UPDATE:

v0.2.6 Beta
=======================

FIXED: classname preventing PASS on HALO Inspection

@Timothée Dhesse

Just did a HALO Jump in the warm humid air over Tanoa. Everything seems to be working fine.

@Everyone

I'll be adding a Donate button soon if everyone really really really wants this working on Dedicated. I may consider other requests for ALL PROJECTS too as well, if donations are a regular thing.

• Like 3