Sign in to follow this  
TheRiddick

Game runs good with AMDGPU-PRO Beta Driver NOW! Try it.

Just thought I mention that the game runs pretty good with the recent AMD beta driver release (not open-source one). In fact allot of games run pretty good now, and I run at 4k with a 390x card, the website says only certain cards work, but what AMD was meant to say is those cards are whats tested. Many have it running on other hardware.

A few things to note for new whipper snappers.

1) Driver works on more then whats listed, even reports of people with GCN1.0 hardware getting it working.

2) Is UBUNTU based for the moment as its beta

3) I have tested it with Kernel 4.6 and that works well, your mileage may vary with older kernels.

4) Mutter and certain Window Managers can cause WHITE SCREEN issue, I use compton without any troubles.

5) You need a patch to resolve Feral Interactive Games not working (not ARMA3 luckily), COH2 doesn't do so well performance wise but SOM is GREAT!

-ask me if you need a link to the patch url

6) Follow AMD instructions on website closely, be sure to install Vulkan part also, it really is quite easy, if you get any issues try uninstalling and reinstalling driver.

Note down any issues you face and come ask, I 'MAY' be able to help.

• Like 1

Just in case you wan't to try the opensource driver too, it works but you need a fairly new git version. Radeonsi driver in mesa had it's maximum shader sampler count increased in april 7th, before it you needed to set shadows to disabled in graphics settings to play.

Ah interesting; I tried A3 recently on manjaro with the open source drivers and the game would crash about 2-10 seconds after loading in. Haven't yet switched to the closed-source drivers to compare; ideally I'd like to get it working with the open source ones.

I'm not sure what the framerate is with the Open driver, but I noticed only VR worked and Ocean spawning worked. Good to know it works with latest now, however I only got 25fps at the time.

With the closed driver I get 50-60fps at 4k resolution with decent graphic settings.

There is a workaround to getting AMDGPU-PRO working on Arch based systems (Manjaro), don't have link sorry.

VP (the company thats making these ports) seems to be testing both with mesa and AMD drivers. They mentioned mesa (radeonsi) working better than fglrx inhouse. Haven't had the time to try these beta drivers, I guess I'm not going to bother with them anymore.