razzkulz

Zeus cannot spawn with respawn menu enabled

If I place a Zeus in my mission and enable "Respawn on custom position" so that BLUFOR units can spawn back at base, Zeus has to choose a spawn point when the mission starts but there is no spawn point for Zeus.. How do I make Zeus spawn immediately and 'bypass' this spawn menu for Zeus only?

It's likely because the Zeus "player" module is seen as its own side, so it's not going to be able to use the BLUFOR markers.  I know this photo is in Cyrillic, but see how Zeus player(s) show up as their own side in the MP lobby?  If your player shows up like that, then they're not going to respawn on BLUFOR markers (in the same way that OPFOR, Independent, or Civilian units can't use those same BLUFOR respawn markers either).  But if all your doing is syncing the Game Master module to a BLUFOR unit, then you shouldn't have a problem.  But if you want to keep the player as strictly a Zeus player only, then you might need a separate respawn marker for the "LOGIC" side (at least I'm guessing by this that that's what Zeus players will appear under).  To be sure though, once you're in the game as your Zeus player, type this in the debug console and that's the side you'll need to add a respawn marker for.

hint format ["%1", side player]

To my knowledge though, there's no way to require certain players to initially have to use the respawn menu and others not.

So I reinstalled last week after a 18 month hiatus, deciding to give the game another chance. I'm not much of a single player, so I was planning of making some custom missions to play with friends, when I ran into this very issue.

I couldn't even make a simple Zeus mission with just the respawn menu and nothing else. If I turn on the menu, the zeus player can't spawn in at all.

And I know that there is a way to get it to work. I tried one of the missions that come with the game: "Zeus 48+2 Master Stratis by Bohemia Interactive". And in that mission if I select zeus slot then I spawn directly to the zeus interface, and if I choose one of the player slots then I go to the spawn location and loadout selection menu. How is this done? I have googled my fingers to the bone, and searched this forum but to no avail. The source code for the BI missions isn't available anywhere, so I can't look what they have done. Also there is no comprehensive tutorial on the mission creation functionalities.

The way I have it figured is that the BI made zeus missions must be using the "INSTANT" or "BASE" respawn type, cause those are the only respawn modes where the respawn menu is available to players at all. And they must be using some trick to get the zeus player past the menu.

Can anybody point me to the right direction as to what to read to figure out how to do this very basic task.

Dont use the Editor respawn. Read up on respawn templates, and add templates for Virtual, if using a Virtual entity for Zeus, in your description.ext manually.

the way i do it is make a new respawn, set it to civilians only and can be seen by civilians only and set the variable name as respawn_logic and it works

Thanks!!! i spent an hour looking for this precise awnser. 

On 6.6.2017 at 2:37 AM, Wreyth said:

the way i do it is make a new respawn, set it to civilians only and can be seen by civilians only and set the variable name as respawn_logic and it works

Thank you! This solved my problem. For my setup I have custom respawn location with a countdown selected.

In the editor:

1. Add a respawn module with repawn_logic in variable

2. Add the virtuall Zeus as usual, BUT do not tick the option to force the Zeus Interface.

This prevents the game from crashing, while choosing spawnpoints.

In multiplayer:

Zeus will now spawn in the body of a invisible bunny. Hitting the Z key brings up the Virtual Zeus Interface as usual.

UPDATE:

The next problem that came up, was that the Virtual Zeus somehow still had a physical body after respawing through the respawn menu. He would fall from the sky after tapping out of the Zeus Interface and get hurt when zooming into the ground or near buildings. Everywhere you went with the Zeus Camera, blood is spilt.

To solve this, one must prevent Zeus from respawning at gamestart. Put the following in your description.ext to make Virtual Zeus skip the respawn menu.

respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnTemplatesVirtual[] = {};