zivtix

backpack gear duplicates

Hello there.

I got a small clan of arma 3, and we got hosted server running.

during the mission our gear duplicates, and makes us, players, redicilously heavy.

I've been trying to figure out what causing it, and it seems that whenever there's desync with the server, it's get duplicated.

thing is, the server is very strong, and our internet connection is good as well.

only when there's 10+ players this duplication bug appears.

Does anyone know what to do?

thanks !

Have a look at the locality of the arguments and effects of scripting commands.

Killzone kid explained it very good in his blog.

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-basic-multiplayer-coding-v2

In relation to this, JIP (join in progress) can also cause a duplication. In the early days of ArmA3's Arsenal functionality certain situations (including JIP) meant you could lose your headgear and vest when someone JIP'ed. So if an equipment script is called incorrectly a player connecting could trigger it for all clients.

If your issue happens on ALL missions its a game issue (or at the very least a server-side code call that is fubar), if its just one particular mission then someone doesn't know how to code for MP.

Have a look at the locality of the arguments and effects of scripting commands.

Killzone kid explained it very good in his blog.

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-basic-multiplayer-coding-v2/

I've read the article, and I'm not having the problem of duplicating when someone JIP, it just duplicates the bag gear, and shows the sign of desync.

however, it may be the reason, I'll check that out.

In relation to this, JIP (join in progress) can also cause a duplication. In the early days of ArmA3's Arsenal functionality certain situations (including JIP) meant you could lose your headgear and vest when someone JIP'ed. So if an equipment script is called incorrectly a player connecting could trigger it for all clients.

If your issue happens on ALL missions its a game issue (or at the very least a server-side code call that is fubar), if its just one particular mission then someone doesn't know how to code for MP.

I don't use any kind of scripts. I just copy the and pasting the gear from the Arsenal that I made before and placed it in the init of every player according to its class.

I don't use any kind of scripts. I just copy the and pasting the gear from the Arsenal that I made before and placed it in the init of every player according to its class.

And therein lies the problem, or at least part of it.

I'm not sure how lag/desync could be causing it, but I imagine a player connecting could potentially cause the init to fire again and dupe the gear.

Have you tried allocating gear using the 3D editor's inbuilt Arsenal functionality and seeing if that fixes the issue, rather than an init execution of a VA exported loadout?

And therein lies the problem, or at least part of it.

I'm not sure how lag/desync could be causing it, but I imagine a player connecting could potentially cause the init to fire again and dupe the gear.

Have you tried allocating gear using the 3D editor's inbuilt Arsenal functionality and seeing if that fixes the issue, rather than an init execution of a VA exported loadout?

You mean letting them get their own gear from the virtual ammobox during the mission?

simple solution :

init of unit:

if !(local this) exithwith {};
// and here comes your arsenal copy&past stuff

this will get rid of your duplication problem as discribed here at the very link i send you:

if (!isServer) exitWith {}; // or as i used : if !(local this) exithwith {}; or: if (local this) then { /* your copy&pasr stuff}

//abort on a client

removeUniform this;

removeVest this;

removeBackpack this;

removeHeadgear this;

removeAllWeapons this;

this addBackpack "B_Kitbag_mcamo";

this addMagazines ["9Rnd_45ACP_Mag",3];

this addWeapon "hgun_ACPC2_F";

the desync propably happens because the server has to send all this duplicated stuff across the network. or let's better say all the commands and their effects caused.

simple solution :

init of unit:

this will get rid of your duplication problem as discribed here at the very link i send you:

should I edit the mission.sqm file and add this line, or can I just put that one line on top of the init of every player in the 3d editor?

use the in-build arsenal or put this line at the top of the init in each unit you edited

simple solution :

init of unit:

THANK YOU.

I just put all the commands between this:

if(local this) then {//commands}

and it fixed the problem.