massi

World War II Units

Thanks a lot for mirrors ;)

Hello,

I've been trying to set up a simple mission in ALiVE using these units, but I keep receiving the error saying there're no group for that faction (Italy, both High Disspersion and normal). I am using correct faction names, but with no luck. Any ideas why it's not working?

I get the same error have checket the declaration using the  internal config viewer

Ihe faction names are case sensitiv.

It seems that the declaration is not ok.

When you open ingame the config viewer you can see:

configfile >> "CfgFactionClasses"
CfgFactionClasses
mas_wwa_army_ITA

2. Under groups:
configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East"
mas_ww2_army_ita

faction for the units in cfg groups is
faction = "mas_ww2_army_ita";

Same for the wwa_ITA and JAP faction.

Hope I've told no nonsense :D

are good, but need to improve a lot, many sights and sighting station handles relatively wrong, MG42 was to have a very heavy recoil is thrown standing or crouching, for the same genre of weapons!

Hey Massi, great standalone addon!

I don't think anyone made the request, so I'll be the first. Possible to make a Canadian version? They're basically British in look and equipment, but the shoulder insignia gives nationality.

Normally the shoulder patches have the specific regiment, but I think a generic "Canada" patch would do. Perhaps with the Canadian First Division battle patch as well.

Soldier (has a regiment patch + Division patch) :
http://www.nationalobserver.com/sites/nationalobserver.com/files/styles/nat_header_full_size/public/img/2015/06/05/dday_war.jpg?itok=i5up5hVW

Generic Canada Patch :
https://qormuseum.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/img_5394.jpg

First Canadian Infantry Division Patch (big red flag) :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Canadian_Division

Of course, just if you are so inclined/have the time

Cheers

Hello there

Just to stop me hanging around with excitement, is there any likelyhood of a version of this mod being made compatable with the factions in IFL "Preview" ( https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190809-iron-front-in-arm3-lite-preview-versions/). No worries if not, I just want to attack German Armour with my UK troops!

Regardless, a great mod.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

Top work as always massi. Always enjoy your modpacks, lot of hard work goes into them. any WWII pack brings me joy. 

was just wondering if there was any plans for a 30 cal for the Allies at all? i know the U.S has the BAR but  against a mg42...well we all know how that ends haha.

About changing side of the Factions in order to adapt them to IFA3 Lite I thought  a lot about it, I really don't know what to do: on one side I really want to make them compatible with IFA3, since it is a very top quality mod with a lot of high quality assets and vehicle that I will never be alble to put in A3, but on the other hand having US WW2 forces on green, Russian on red and German,Italy, Japan on Blue really does not make sense to me...(blue=good guy , red =evil...and so on)...

Anybody knows if IFA3 will keep this side configuration or will update it in the future?

• Like 2

I doubt Russia will be changed from REDFOR because (Brace for history lesson) the whole BLUFOR REDFOR GREENFOR was a NATO thing. Obviously the communist flag is red so that's why they got the red color. It doesn't necessarily mean enemy, just kinda meant Communist...who incidentally was the enemy. Interestingly the Russians also used the color red to represent their units, and cause NATO has a blue flag its always been BLUFOR. So again both NATO and USSR used blue for NATO. Green just means anyone not associated with either of those two. So there you go Russia will probably stay red. As regards to why Germany is blue and america is green? Maybe the designers are from Germany? Or maybe they decided to match the colors to the uniforms. Seeing as Allies mainly used green and Germany grey. That's just my thoughts though so take it with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

BLUFOR = West

OPFOR = East

As far as I know, that's why Germany is BLUFOR and Russia is OPFOR.

IFA3 factions are a product of its development history. IFL was originally just Germany vs Russia and no doubt it made perfect sense at the time to assign these to the principal Arma combatants (BLUFOR/OPFOR).

But it's a shame because;

NATO is the direct descendant or the US/UK led WW2 Allied faction. Should be BLUFOR.

Nazi Germany and its Axis partners was the principal aggressor and their foe throughout the war. Should be OPFOR.

Soviet Russia was initially neutral to Germany and only later an active opponent. Should be INDEPENDENT which Arma allows to be switched as allied to either BLUFOR or OPFOR (or neither) without grouping under absent commanders. Also enjoys the useful default of being allied to BLUFOR and opposing OPFOR.

In an ideal world IFA3 would change but that doesn't look likely to happen.

Does this make any difference? You won't play modern units and ww2 units in the same time (theorically), so it's more an editor thing i guess.

Does this make any difference? You won't play modern units and ww2 units in the same time (theorically), so it's more an editor thing i guess.

Hello there

It doesnt really matter *if* all ww2 mod designers stick to the same script.

At the moment IFL is a bit of a spanner in the works as it reverses the accepted norm. if we can get some kind of framework agreement to encourage  either modders to adopt the IFL "standard" (or poke .kju to change all the IFL references) then it's all golden.

Anybody knows if IFA3 will keep this side configuration or will update it in the future?

I'll pester .kju on this if no one else does soon, it would be good to know. thanks for letting us know your thoughts!

Rgds

LoK

Amazing Job Massi!

But i have 2 questions:

a) Are you planning to add winter units?

b) Are you planning to create WW2 vehicles? 

The main reason i use this mod is so that i can play Blufor as allies and Opfor can be Germans (because im porting Liberation and Hearts and Minds to IFA3LITE). So yeah, thanks for having the factions that way :).

The muzzle for most, if not all, the weapons seems to be above the shooter's head:tptdam.jpg

Nice work, I44 was perhaps my most played mod on ArmA2 and it's still sorely missed

• Like 1

The muzzle for most, if not all, the weapons seems to be above the shooter's head:<snip>

Hello there

I just tried this out in the sneak peek build but am having no issues.

Got any other mods running?

Rgds

LoK

Nice job Massi.  It's great to see an early ww2 mod.  It's also cool to see that you decided to make one of the more obscure factions of WWII like the Italians who aren't featured as much in many WWII games.  What are your thoughts on adding a Romanian rifleman to the mod?