fauconjona

Server low fps with a lot of player

Hello everybody :)

I know there is already some thread about this, but I need some clarification.

I have a server, it turns at 47fps with nobody, with ~10 players : >30fps and with >60 players : 5 - 0 fps.

I have only 1 loop, not hard for the moment, on the server side. There's never desync on the server even with 1fps.

server.cfg:

class sockets{maxPacketSize = 1400;};
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=0;
Resolution_H=0;
Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;
MaxMsgSend = 2048; 
MaxSizeGuaranteed = 958; 
MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 384; 
setTerrainGrid = 50;
viewDistance = 600;

MinBandwidth = 107374182;   
MaxBandwidth = 1073741824; 

MinErrorToSend = 0.01;	
MinErrorToSendNear = 0.02;		
MaxCustomFileSize = 1310720;	

with 80 or 0 vehicles is the same thing and there isn't AI on the mission.

CPU goes to 50% and memory to 2000MB.

I don't know why the server loses fps like this.

Anyone have an idea to help me?

Scripts play a big part in server performance and client FPS, so if your configs look on point I would suggest looking through your scripts and updating the scripts to be optimized for the latest version of ArmA 3. And look into performance pointers available on the internet :)

Like I said, I have only 1 loop on the server side, with a sleep 30 and it's execute some function every 30 minutes, it uses only 2 fps when executed. So, I don't think my script cause problem.

Virtual Server, they just suck and are not compareable to real ones. It does not matter what they cost

It's not a virtual server, it's a dedicated server with (I don't remember exactly) CPU 4Ghz quad core, 32GBram and ssd.

hmm ok, sorry. then i am clueless, as long as you don't provide the mission.

(my server has the same spects and usualy it can still run 300 ai @ ~30FPS without hc, but then it drops rapidly)

Oh I totally forgot to check 1 thing in my .rpt.

I have not any script error but I have this : "Update of nonlocal object 2:34860 called" every time.

I'm looking for this issue on google, but I don't find the cause for the moment.

I already tried with -noLogs and I had low fps too.

as long as your rpt does not grow in a odd way like ++1 mb/s everything is ok. i think this is the usual rpt spam.

without your mission i don't think anybody can help you. 

Ok, I think I find the problem!

My server wait 5-6 minutes (after the mission started) to load persistent things, and when the loading finish player can get their informations. It is at this moment that the server loses fps, in fact, in my custom network request I generate a random global variable to broadcast the answer to player, but I never set my var to nil after broadcast. I think this is it, I'll test it at the next reboot ;).

oa9Tkmf.png

When the server is at 47fps, is loading, there're some drop but not a lot. As you can see, there're the same count of players during the loading than the game start. So it's not player on the server, but something after loading, and the same moment it's beginning of network traffic ^^. So my bad is on the network traffic ;).

I'll keep you informed

Ah it's not that, but it's when game start after loading ^^

On 5/25/2016 at 2:27 PM, fauconjona said:

Ok, I think I find the problem!

My server wait 5-6 minutes (after the mission started) to load persistent things, and when the loading finish player can get their informations. It is at this moment that the server loses fps, in fact, in my custom network request I generate a random global variable to broadcast the answer to player, but I never set my var to nil after broadcast. I think this is it, I'll test it at the next reboot ;).

oa9Tkmf.png

When the server is at 47fps, is loading, there're some drop but not a lot. As you can see, there're the same count of players during the loading than the game start. So it's not player on the server, but something after loading, and the same moment it's beginning of network traffic ^^. So my bad is on the network traffic ;).

I'll keep you informed

Any news?

I am having the same problem.