Sign in to follow this  
navydoctom

A trigger that happens in an order

I am curious if you can say have a building you want your forces to enter to say kill a bad guy leader and you want his QRF to begin moving to the building once BLUEFOR enters the building - I know how to make this; but I want to be to have a trigger for when we leave the building trigger a group of loitering helicopters to come in and pull out the BLUEFOR

I know for the first one you'd do a Trigger (the size of the building) that activates when BLUEFOR is present; and I know you could do a Trigger that actives when BLUEFOR is not present - but how would you make it so the not present trigger doesn't active until the present trigger has played?

Thanks

Thank you - it took me a few tries to realize that I needed to place the script in the OnCondition dialog box. But it works wooooo hooo

Could do it all with just one trigger too.  Place a HOLD waypoint next to the QRF group and the grounded exfil helo.  Set the trigger to be Waypoint Activation and connect it to both HOLD waypoints.  Make it's condition be !alive badguy

Then when the badguy dies the QRF and exfil group both converge on wherever you set them to with their post-HOLD waypoints.

Bringing up an hold topic but I'm trying to do kind of the same thing. I have a helicopter dropping off a group and then I want it to loiter until a trigger is activated then the heli comes down again to pick up the group and leave. But the problem is the heli will loiter just fine as long as I don't put any waypoints after. But as soon as I put another wp after the loiter, the heli won't loiter and just wait static. Did you have the same problem ?

Try syncing your other waypoints to a trigger, so they don't become active until that trigger fires.

Try syncing your other waypoints to a trigger, so they don't become active until that trigger fires.

Ok thanks for the reply! :) So how would I make a trigger that activates 10s after another trigger ?

I tried adding another trigger synchronized with the next wp but it doesn't change anything :/

Edited by barbuse

Any idea how to make it work without using a script ?

Placing N^n triggers.

What's so bad about using a script?

Cheers