Sign in to follow this  
akm74

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost

Well, they too flipped the ejection ports, controls etc. to the left side of the weapons to cater to the CS crowd. Too bad, the rest of the graphics are really impressive.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Expeditions faced mutant animals, unlikely to have appeared in the Zone through natural course of evolution. The catastrophe, mutants, anomalies, contamination… Everything appeared to be a consequence of some eerie phenomenon… <span id='postcolor'>

Cool.

Yeah the background story sounds pretty weak, but the game looks good, I think the idea of a post-apochaliptic(sp?) Russia is a good one. It's been a while since I played a good game that could scare me as I play it.

Sounds neat.

Tyler

The engine is very impressive, if OFP-2 could look around that mark, I would be very happy. If they could get the engine to look better........

S.T.A.L.K.E.R should be an interesting game, walking around a nice looking radioactive mutant filled world.......

The story reminds me of the old "pen-and-paper" RolePlayingGame we had in Sweden, called "Mutant" and "Mutant Chronicles"...getting out to the Zone and collect artifacts...it was cool.

This game seems cool, nice graphics and a little atmosphere...maybe the next Half-Life?

Whoo! 3D Fallout!

3D Fallout!

=D

Stupid ejection ports really btoher me though, even though I know they shouldn't.

However, any game that's semi realistic AND has power armor and a minigun is great in my book. (On the official site, it says you need a powered exo skeleton to use the minigun... biggrin.gif )

This game looks pretty cool, i bet you'll need a good pc to play it confused.gif

But i'm not gonna buy it, i hate games where you have to shoot zombies and stuff like that. That's just stupid, i prefer shooting realistic things like humans and animals used in battle.

If the multiplayer is good then i'll buy it, but i'm not gonna buy it for the single player...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Oct. 29 2002,18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This game looks pretty cool, i bet you'll need a good pc to play it confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Believe it or not, the website says the minimum video card requirement is a TNT or Voodoo2! But you need at least a Geforce 2 MX before you are going to get any good perfomance........

Hm, i don't know what kind of card i have, my dad's going to install our new pc soon. So i hope it'll have a good card...

Put it like this, if you can run Flashpoint, you can probably run S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but you need to ahve a real good card to get it to look like the screenshots I would say......

OMG!!! That was teh best movie by tarkovski!!!

Stalker was a pretty well made, VERY dramatic movie by Andrej Tarkovski. It was about a place were you could ake your wishes, but then you would be given something bad in return, like if you want a million dollars, you get seriously injured or go insane after that.

It was DEEP.

This isn't a novel concept, and its not really a post apocalyptic russia, its just were a meteorite had fallen in rural russia.

The screenshots look like scenes from the movie BTW, except the color is vivder.

Whats odd is that the guys have guns. In the movie, they didn't, in the movie, there was a writer, some unemployed guy, and I think a scientist, and they have no guns with them, they have t evade the bullets of the police though.

*cant stand futuristic games*

Oh well, it had a nice storyling aside from that. Graphics look OK too.

what do you mean by futuristic ?

I don't like futuristic games either, but this game isn't really futuristic, is it?

I just don't like it cuz there are so much stupid zombies, bah...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Oct. 29 2002,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what do you mean by futuristic ?<span id='postcolor'>

He obviously means science fiction...

Anyway... can people drive the vehicles?

hmmm what kind of gun is this??

gun

(had to upload it myself because the link didn't work mad.gif)

it looks like a mixture of M4 and FN FNC. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Oct. 29 2002,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm what kind of gun is this??

gun

it looks like a mixture of M4 and FN FNC. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You forgot to add the ".jpg" at the end of your image there smile.gif.

It looks like an M4 variant to me. Just remember the game is set 8 years from now, all the guns in the screenshots look like futuristic versions of today's weapons.

I really like this one:

sb_xray_04.jpg

Looks like a scoped Bullpup AK with grenade launcher attached.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Oct. 29 2002,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Oct. 29 2002,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm what kind of gun is this??

gun

You forgot to add the ".jpg" at the end of your image there smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

you're right smile.gif

but i solved the problem another way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Oct. 29 2002,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep, could be a M4 with futuristic scope and grenade launcher.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm guessing it's an AK variant because that Nade launcher on the bottom looks a lot like the ones used in Russia today, and also the controls on the side. Plus it's a Russian game based on a Russian movie based on a Russian book smile.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Oct. 29 2002,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Oct. 29 2002,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm what kind of gun is this??

gun

You forgot to add the ".jpg" at the end of your image there smile.gif.

It looks like an M4 variant to me. Just remember the game is set 8 years from now, all the guns in the screenshots look like futuristic versions of today's weapons.

I really like this one:

sb_xray_04.jpg

Looks like a scoped Bullpup AK with grenade launcher attached.<span id='postcolor'>

the first gun could be and FN-FNC

but for the second , i'd say it's an FN2000