Sign in to follow this  
akm74

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost

can somebody give me more info on this? i mean will this game have like fearsome monsters in a john carpenters The Thing sort or will you just be shooting mutated rats, dogs, birds and fight a few humans? and will it becoming to counsils? im not gona even attempt to load that my PC.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Nov. 08 2002,06:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">can somebody give me more info on this? i mean will this game have like fearsome monsters in a john carpenters The Thing sort or will you just be shooting mutated rats, dogs, birds and fight a few humans? and will it becoming to counsils? im not gona even attempt to load that my PC.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, if you read a bit of the book, you'll probably get some idea of how it will be:

http://www.lib.ru/STRUGACKIE/engl_picnic.txt

The movie had no mutants. The whole place was just desolated.

And about the writer being a guinea pig, if I remmber correctly, there is a large tunnel that's called the "meat grinder" and the writer must go first and see if is safe to go through or not.

how fast of a computer would i need for this, and is it true that this game is optimized for Geforce fx (nv30)

wow_o.gif

Wow! That looks amazing! Sweet memories of Fallout & Co. come to mind...

Man i just hope OFP2 looks this good ! I will be buy stalker, just hope my pc will run it on anything like the level shown in the trailer smile_o.gif

Whoo! 3D Fallout!

3D Fallout!

=D

Stupid ejection ports really btoher me though, even though I know they shouldn't.

However, any game that's semi realistic AND has power armor and a minigun is great in my book. (On the official site, it says you need a powered exo skeleton to use the minigun... biggrin_o.gif )

So you just had to remind me about Fallout? I'm getting nervous already. I just can't get the damn game out of my mind anymore. Must... play.... Fallout 2...

tounge_o.gif

PS. I forgot the guns name, but it shoots the 2mm EC rounds. It beats the miniguns 100-0

No really i gotta go and play Fallout 2 now.

Guest DKM-jaguar

That picture of the BTR looks unquestionably real to me.. absolutely perfect...

but what does STALKER stand for? I bet they came up with STALKER as the name before coming up with the thing it stands for biggrin_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

The buldings in the second pic look slightly mafia-ish.. makes me think that games are gradually getting to that standard by trying diferent effects. Can anyone else see the similarities in the shading (and dark/dirty textures) with that of Mafia or is it just my deluded mind?

From an interview with one of the developers:

Quote[/b] ]It’s a kind of mix between Ghost Busters in Chernobyl, “The Roadside Picnic†story of Strugatsky brothers and Soviet horror movie “Stalker†by A.Tarkovsky.

The film is based on the book. It's a highly atmospheric "arty" film. Most people here probably wouldn't like it, but it happens to be one of my favourite films. The film shot in both black&white and colour (albeit highly manipulated colour at times), contains sparse dialogue....and is open to interpretations. I've have interesting discussions with friends who have also seen it about what they think it is trying to say. Some think it is about communism, others about religion and other say it is about our desires. Who really knows....Tarkovsky died in 1985 and wasn't huge on endlessly explaining his films.

IMDB Description of STALKER

Edit....I remember in an interview with one of the developers I read they said that what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stood for would be exsplained in the game....somewhere wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Q: Will there be cigarettes and beer? If so, then which effect will they produce onto stalker?

A: Cigarettes will probably be introduced. There definitely will be vodka. Beer is under question.

Thats it! I'm definally buying this game! biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Q: Will there be cigarettes and beer? If so, then which effect will they produce onto stalker?

A: Cigarettes will probably be introduced. There definitely will be vodka. Beer is under question.

Thats it! I'm definally buying this game! biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

I loved getting drunk in Deus Ex. biggrin_o.gif

I really suggest you guys read the story Amos. It's the best contest writing piece.....mostly because the leader is french. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

j/k but it really is good.... it was the first one that actually made sense about STALKER.

Link

it's incredible on how many people ask questions that are so easilly responded on the official site

first let's begin with the link :

http://www.stalker-game.com/

for the weapons :

http://www.stalker-game.com/index.p....weapons

for the vehicules :

http://www.stalker-game.com/index.p....echnics

and i'll let ya search the site for the rest of your questions ;)

60% of the game is actually what you'll see if you go in that region of the world, they recreated the city were the worker use to live exactly like it is right now (they live not so far from the Chernobyl power plant so they made some trips theyre and taken pictures and videos) and they even put that red forest in the game were trees are all red if i'm right

they could not get into the power plant itshelf, they could only be at 300 m from it, so the interior is computer generated

i'm buying that game no matter what that's for sure smile_o.gif

after seeing the first trailer, i gotta say this could be a good game despite putting ejection port on the wrong side of the guns.

i have no idea how large the area will be, but i guess it will be about 30% to 50% of malden?

edit: from above weapons link.

Quote[/b] ]Pistol: Fort 12

Used by the Armed Forces. Fairly unreliable and rather accurate...

lol! biggrin_o.gif they should just use CZ 75B. reliable and accurate. wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

lol..you'd stop playing a game because a port is on the wrong side  crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

it's incredible on how many people ask questions that are so easilly responded on the official site
Quote[/b] ]RalphWiggum:

i have no idea how large the area will be, but i guess it will be about 30% to 50% of malden?

This and the following FAQ Item. tounge_o.gif

There is also a forum topic about the map size and the in-game time (1 day in-game = 6 hours real).

And also interesting: The Requirements; surprisingly low wow_o.gif