Sign in to follow this  
navydoctom

Can't make AI board an AI helicopter

I'm working on a mission where a two helicopters come in to extract a team on the ground. On is an AI controlled heli, the player is in the second heli as a gunner (the helicopters aren't grouped each one is it's own unit). 

The AI heli flies to its LAND waypoint, puts down the ground unit doesn't move into the bird, which ends up taking off. My setup for the ground units are as follows

Ground unit: 1st Waypoint - Move; 2nd Waypoint - Seek and Destroy; 3rd Waypoint - Move; 4th Waypoint - GetIn  (The S&D waypoint is skipped by a BLUEFOR trigger as the Heli's are approaching). 

I seem to recall I had to sync the Getin waypoint with Land waypoint for the heli; but in Eden I can't seem to find how to sync two waypoints; I only see set waypoint activation.

What am I doing wrong?

The Waypoint Activation is how you'd do it.  Place down your ground unit's GET IN waypoint and nearby place down your air unit's LOAD waypoint.  Right click on the GET IN waypoint, select Connect then Set Waypoint Activation and drag that blue line onto the LOAD waypoint of your air unit to connect them.

You might want to place down an invisible helipad as well just in case you want them to land in that specific spot or else the pilot might pick another spot nearby instead.

Thanks - so I am guessing that to have them unload at base - don't have the helicopter use the LAND waypoint, have it use the TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint?

Also real quick - speaking of waypoint sync, I wanted have me attack heli and transport heli (each their own unit and grouped together) show up at waypoints around the same time or at the minimum wait till each hit say thier second waypoint before moving to the third. Can that still be done?

Oh, I see the LAND thing you're talking about is new. :)  Seems to be a MOVE waypoint that automatically adds in the helo land "LAND" code for you.  You could use the Waypoint:Expression Condition field to set whatever condition you wanted to.

AI seem to work better by synching a GET IN and LOAD waypoint than using LAND and Conditions to test of everyone is in however.

And yes, you can Connect via Set Waypoint Activation two waypoints and whoever gets to their's first will wait for the other linked waypoint to activate before moving on.