Sign in to follow this  
sabot10.5mm

vehicle respawn module.

i created a single player mission with respawning vehicles and a respawn for the player, but once the player dies he cant enter vehicles anymore... i figured since the Lock option is set to default maybe this is causing the problem? anyway to set the lock status on respawn for a spawned vehicle?

im fairly new to scripting, where should i put this? in the vehicle respawn module? specifically the expression field?

I guess you're using the module from Modules (F5) -> Multiplayer -> Vehicle Respawn which is connected to your empty vehicle?

You'd be correct in using the expression field for that.  It would look like this:

MjAuUho.jpg

Probably want to turn off the explosion effect, so annoying. :)

help me understand.. why doesnt a command like this work. _this allowdamage false; in the expression field

If you hover over the words "Expression:" you'll see a little tool tip that explains more about that field.  In this case it tells you that the passed arguments you have access to is an array of:

[<new_vehicle>, <old_vehicle>]

Which means that _this (the input array accessible to the commands in the expression field) contains an array with two elements, both objects, 0 being the new vehicle and 1 being the old.

So while you'd use normally this in the init field of an object to refer to the object, in this case within the Expression field you'd need to use _this select 0 (the first element of the arguments array, _this) to refer to the new vehicle:

(_this select 0) allowDamage false;

Since _this select 0  would be the first element of the array and is the object of the newly respawned vehicle.  Just the same as when we used _this select 0 lock 0; above to unlock the newly spawned vehicle.