Sign in to follow this  
sgtice

Deleted default profile data lost all other profiles MPMissions

As the title reads I tried to delete some of the files in my default profile, specifically Username.ArmA3Profile & Username.vars.ArmA3Profile. Upon doing so all of my other profiles MP missions were deleted, some of which go back about 5 years or took a lot of work.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the info back, seeing as my MPmissions folder for my custom profile seems to have been deleted or relocated. I can search for some of the folders within, but it tells me they aren't there anymore.

That's the first thing I did, it didn't go to the recycle bin at all. I sent the 2 profile files to the recycle bin but my MPmissions files are gone for no apparent reason.

Just found out not only did I lose my Missions that I had been working on for the last 5 years or so I also lost all the work i've done in the arsenal for my missions. This is just great. How deleting 2 profile data files can delete everything, even on other profiles. Thanks Bohemia.

You tried to check in the MPMissions folder located in the A3 root folder? Give it a go.

If you can't find it anywhere, go where your RPT logs are and check in the MPMissionCache folder (how to locate RPT -> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files just in case...)

Regarding the arsenal stuff, I guess you just deleted the profile you used to save it...

I deleted 2 files from the default file, the MPmissions in the directory are for missions that I download from someone else.

Deleting 2 of the default profile which I do not use deleted everything, my control presets, arsenal, missions on all my profiles.

I once thought I lost everything too. What happened was that I picked and dragged missions folder into another folder without knowing it. Do HDD search for all mission related files, you never know.