bek

[MP] RHS Sector Control (TvT, Simple & Classic)

R4Th4pa.jpg

Summary: Two teams fight for control of pre-defined sectors using limited assets — the team with a majority of sectors held bleeds the others tickets, with the match ending when one team reaches 0 tickets. The intent of this missions is balanced and fun infantry combat. Armed vehicles have limited respawns and longer respawn timers than their soft-skinned counterparts, and the better equipt classes have fewer available slots than standard riflemen. My friend who worked on this mission and I are hoping this resembles gameplay you'd get from games like Project Reality or Battlefield's Conquest game-mode — except in ARMA.

Feature list:

1. Respawns available at your base and on your Squad Leader's rally point (Destroyed on Squad Leader's death)
  2. Lightweight niceties like earplugs, squad name markers, health display (all toggleable, F1-F5 keys)
  3. Custom bleeding values using RHS ammo class names (So larger calibers can cause higher tiers of bleeding)
  4. Custom medical - very slow health regeneration that can be somewhat sped up by sitting down. This is to avoid players deciding to respawn (losing their team a ticket) if they're too badly injured to continue.
  5. Pre-defined classes with unique roles, while not being unfair — you won't get a rubbish PDW simply for going medic. RPG assistants also carry a disposable 1-shot launcher along with the ammo for their reloadable counterpart carried by the primary AT role. There are also two types of standard rifleman. Opfor have the choice of an AK74m or AK-103 rifleman, while Bluefor have the choice of an M4 or M16. Magnified optics are reserved for Designated Marksmen and Special Forces.
  6. Limited vehicle selection. While there is some asymmetry with vehicle loadouts, this is hopefully both balanced and flavoursome. Only the largest version (Athira) includes high-tier modern vehicles. This is primarily an infantry mission and we did not want thermals or high-power vehicle weapons / GMG's to be common.

REQUIRED MODS:

RHS: AFRF

RHS: USF

DOWNLOAD (current version: 1.01) :

Steam Workshop:

32vs32:

Pyrgos

Kore

Athira*

16vs16:

Terminal

* The Athira version is an experimental mission with one very large capture zone, plus high-tier vehicles and gear (Tanks, jets, high-end helicopters, plus a crate at base with static ATGM, GMG, and MG backpacks).

Servers:

N/A

Future plans:

If anyone actually plays this and likes it we might expand this mission with new areas (perhaps also on upcoming maps like Tanoa or Taunus), add extra features (BIS revive was tested but disabled in this release due to a bug with spawning), make prettier FOBs (The current bases are quite lazy but I wasn't going to waste time on immaculate item placement at such an early stage), add side missions or other random events. If you have feedback this is the place for it; there may still be some rough edges here and there, so if you notice a problem or have comments on balance/ticket values, let us know and we'll take that into consideration for the next iteration.

The new 1.60 respawn screen also now appears to allow class limits, so we'll take a look at using that rather than the arma 3 lobby for role selection (so you can change your kit on respawn w/ a preview of its gear).

• Like 6

Hi, could you pack those files to zip, rar or something? In mozilla, its opening the mission as text.

When that happens you can right click the link and "Save target as..."

but for convenience I just packed them into one zip file.

• Like 1

Is this a single player scenario?

No, these missions are multiplayer only, designed to run on hosted servers. (Sorry)

No, these missions are multiplayer only, designed to run on hosted servers. (Sorry)

Ah that's a shame, thanks for replying. 

There is now a US (west coast) server running these missions:

Name: [3CR] RHS 0.4.1 Sector Control [uSA]

ADDRESS: arma.us.3crclan.com

IP: 52.160.99.219:2302

Looks sweet! Getting a HEMTT gamma error though. 1.60 broke the missions? :(

Looks sweet! Getting a HEMTT gamma error though. 1.60 broke the missions? :(

Can't say I've noticed that yet; which mission file? I just checked Athira and Kore, and I was able to load in fine and get in the HEMMTs. Are you sure you are running the latest version of RHS: USF and AFRF? (0.4.1)? If so any more reproduction steps would be great (what must I do to get the error, just load the mission in? get in the hemtt?).

will this be on steam workshop?.  Looks great!

will this be on steam workshop?.  Looks great!

I just uploaded a (slightly newer - minor changes only) version of the Pyrgos mission to steam workshop, you can find it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699734661

If this is a popular method (I'm not sure if people running servers subscribe to workshop content?) then I'll upload all missions to steam (also once I figure out why I cannot add tags to my mission uploads; maybe this is broken only in dev branch). I'll also try my best to keep both download methods up to date.

Apart from that, I am going to experiment with some Tanoa variants, so when it's released you'll have some missions ready straight away.