HeroesandvillainsOS

[ALiVE, SP/COOP 1-20] Operation Prophet [Insurgency]

Update: FOB Victoria has been redecorated, a couple of new custom posters and maps have been added, and the Taliban get a few new toys to play with.

Full changelog in the first post.

Sorry to spam another update, but I just learned how to optimize the custom images on the maps and posters (they were loading really slow. Now they load immediately).

I also added a new Taliban compound because why not. :)

Hi Hero,

Figured I'd give this a try - the other one still crashes on me...

Where do I get the map and the "mad build" files ? Everything I've found state it's for Arma 2...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17246

It actually is an Arma 2 map. CUP Core and Maps is required. "Mad Build" is linked on the bottom of the Armaholic page. I think that's what makes the map have buildings or whatever so you definitely need it. :)

Is it Inshallah that's crashing? That's at startup right after the mission loads, correct? Man, I really don't get that at all.

If it helps any, I recently went back 100% to Workshop mods when it's available. You use Workshop too, right? Perhaps now that we both use the same sources for our mods it'll load for you now that I updated it?

It really bugs me it crashes on you. I still want to figure that out at some point when you feel like trying again.

Hi Hero,

Yeah - maybe I should do that as well - my bandwidth isn't the greatest so it's just a serious investment in time... I've been using mostly stand alone... Yeah Inshallah starts - I am at the base - I see all the trucks parked - your scrolling text starts displaying on the right - about the time it's finished I get crash to desktop... I can only hit this in spurts so I'll keep trying to play with it - I've noticed from feedback that your missions seem to be universally liked...

Thanks again...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to assume we're looking at a mod issue on your end with Inshallah. I'm thinking an out of date or corrupt mod, personally.

If this mission does the same thing for you (I fully expect it to crash on you because the requirements are identical), that would probably confirm it. Let me know whenever you get a chance to try it and whether or not you see the same bahavior with this one.

If it does crash, any additional info would be helpful (such as the crash message, or any errors you might see in-game).

You know what? Scottb613, you're handy with the editor, yeah? I think if you tried to open it in the editor, you might be able to coax an error message out of the engine. That might help get us to the bottom of this if you have a second to give it a whirl.

In preparation for RC 1.64, the mission has been updated. The Muslim Call to Prayer has been reworked to eliminate out-of-sync sounds, and dynamic arid weather has been added. Full changelog in the first post.

Hello there guys im a noob in forum stuff but i really want to try out this mission only problem is i keep getting an Opcom error at the beginning saying that it couldnt spawn any groups for Middle East Insurgents. i HAVE CHECKED AND DOUBLE CHCKED and i have the correct mods , i also tried changing the unitos to use other units and keep getting the same problem.

Any help? Please!

Regards 

---- update I just changed the group to OPF_F and it still wont find any group to spawn.. 

Can you download the mission again and see if it works? I did some editing last night so it's possible you might have caught a bad download. I was playing the mission myself yesterday and made some small tweaks so I apologize if you DL'd it in between updates or if the one that's on there now isn't working correctly. The issue you're seeing can happen during the editing process and I apologize if it made it into the DL link. I'll post a proper update later making sure everything is ok.

Sorry you had problems and that was totally my mistake.

I just pushed an update through which fixes the issue with OPCOM not finding any suitable groups. The mission has also been slightly rebalanced (details in the first post).

EDIT: Oh for the love of...

It seems every time I close and open the game, the mission can't find any groups until I exit back to the editor and press play again. Ugh. I'll be back once I figure this out. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention rct c.romero. This is a definite issue I had no idea about.

Oddly, Inshallah (in my signature) works just fine. I generally update these two missions in the same manner and I don't get why that's ok and this one isn't. I'm sure that means something I just haven't connected the dots with yet.

Investigating. Will update this ASAP as soon as I figure it out.

So I've hit kind of a brick wall on this. After several hours editing and troubleshooting the problem with OPCOM not finding any groups is still present. What's doubly odd is that in the SP editor, after it fails, if you click esc and press play again, it works just fine.

I may just have to rebuild the mission at this point. I guess the reason I'm posting this right now is because I know some of you that have reached out to me privately are very familiar with the editor and the manner in which this mission has been built. If any of you have any ideas or want to take a peak before I rebuild it, I'm all ears.

Otherwise, before starting totally over, I'll try copying it to a new map and seeing if the problem goes away. As I mentioned, Inshallah is working just fine as far as I can tell and since it uses the same exact mods and features, this issue is stumping me beyond belief.

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience and I'll be back after I make some progress.

Alright! The mission should be working again. :)

The mission has been updated to be compatible with the latest 3CB updates. The player side has changed from MTP units to the newest 3CB desert units to suit the terrain.

Thanks to Whigital over on the ALiVE forums, I think I've removed the doctor and suit wearing civs finally now. It's been a goal of mine to stop these guys from spawning and I'm pretty sure this edit did it. I checked around 40 civs so far and they haven't spawned yet so I've decided to push it through with an update.

http://m.imgur.com/jEEduAU

Major update:

Prophet has been revised. This is a huge overhaul. Although the integrity of the mission largely remains in tact, ALiVE's new ORBAT faction creator has allowed me to put together the Taliban faction of my dreams. As a big fan of RHS, I've made the decision to remove the Massi dependency. The body of these new units are based on Project OPFOR's Middle East Milita, and thanks to Eric J (and ALiVE for the new tool), I've been able to dress them in astounding traditional Afghan clothing, while also utilizing his incredible civilian faction as well. Now, civilians and insurgents will look indistinguishable from a distance, adding a layer of tension much needed in a mission like this. All in all I consider this change a big win but to do so, dependencies needed to be changed.

Along with the faction and mod updates, the mission has been rebalanced as well. Bases have been fleshed out further and more tools have been given to the player. The end goal is to make this the most immersive insurgency experience available in Arma 3 and I feel like this update has taken me one step closer to that.

Quick update: All 3CB supply boxes have been replaced to fix a bug where items weren't transferring to the inventory (thanks Scott613).

• Like 1

Minor update.

Map Intel has been added (discovered insurgent HQ's will appear on the in-game map but will fade away after 60 seconds or so. Be sure to mark any!).

I also added a cool new image from the mission in the first post and made some decorative objects "simple objects" in an effort to keep performance rock solid.

Changelog updated.

• Like 2

Hi Heroes.

Updated to the latest download of your mission and get the following error which doesn't allow me to join my own server in singleplayer........

Error:.... class "bin\config.bin/CfgVehicules/UK3CB_BAF_Jackal2_L134A1_Base_D/Wheels/LM/" is not defined ("center" accessed)

I have checked and re -downloaded all of the 3CB BAF addons and have the latest editions

Any thoughts ?

That's most certainly an error with your 3CB vehicles mod. Where are you downloading all your mods from?

Can you try this updated Armaholic version: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27203

Or from their direct download on their BIS page?: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/174743-3cb-baf-vehicles/

When you say server, are we talking LAN or dedicated? Out of curiosity, does the mission load in the editor for you at all? If it does/doesn't that would help me narrow it down. Remember, the required mods are now much much different from when I released this mission. Double check the first page and make sure to download any links I embedded in the first post.

If none of that works, what would help me the most is seeing a photo of your A3 launcher mods line. Sometimes you'll get a totally unrelated error to what's actually missing so I'd love to see what the launcher is running. Photos like this are especially great because it shows me what mods are from Workshop and what mods aren't.

EDIT: I just cross posted the error over in the 3CB Vehicles thread hoping maybe they'll know what it means, which could save us some time troubleshooting this.

Heroes OS,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was trying to run the mission on my dedicated server using TADST, then loading ARMA 3 and search for my server and playing the mission solo.

I have just run the mission muliplayer over a LAN and it loads ok. Weird.

Just a thought, because of updates to this mission I have renamed the mission Prophet10.Reshmaan.pbo as you suggested in your posts to keep the persistance with ALIVE Servers, maybe this is the problem as ALIVE thinks its running a previous version I had, Prophet1.Reshmaan.pbo maybe.?

I think I downloaded 3CB BAF addons from its website... not Armaholic.

Will test again.......

That's actually a decent idea for why the server isn't loading. One time I tried to continue a persistent save after making several edits to a mission and had similar issues.

I'd definitely try renaming the PBO on your server. But also equally as possible, is an out of date or missing mod on your server. With TADST, what I'd do is delete the profile for Prophet and make a brand new one. That will force you to add the mods in the mod line in TADST again and I have a feeling, this will solve your problem.

Since we know the mission is loading in the editor, we know it's not that. I'd say we're on the right track now so try my suggestions and please report back one way or the other. Sorry you're having issues. Worst case, send me a friend request on steam and we'll figure it out.

Heroes OS

Downloaded BAF Vehicles from Armaholic again, and guess what.....it works.

Earlier I downloaded the addon from BAF's website because I was having problems with Authgrads Mission "British Steel", getting simular errors to the above.

Maybe his mission was written with an older version of BAF, as I got that going with the download from BAF's website.

Anyway, my sincere apologies for bothering you again, all sorted now.

Cub 1.

• Like 1

Quality of life update. Highlights include: All helicopter callsigns have been redone to make keeping track of who is who easier, additional manned checkpoints near some 3CB bases, a higher priority being placed on enemy static weapons (enemies should man these more frequently), and further decoration with the Taliban flag at insurgent compounds. Full changelog in the first post.