HeroesandvillainsOS

[ALiVE, SP/COOP 1-20] Operation Prophet [Insurgency]

akuz3iJ.jpg

German Special Forces Command, KSK has been deployed to Afghanistan to liberate the people and eliminate the Taliban.

Although solo play is encouraged, the mission should only be run in LAN or on a local hosted server, which allows you to save and load your progress. 

Features Include:

CAS and logistical support

The full suit of ALiVE features including suicide bombers, IED's and VBIED's

The Muslim Call to Prayer

Ambient civilian traffic

A shooting range with Virtual Arsenal

Multiple bases to choose from for respawn

Headless client support

Intelligence on dead bodies

A Mini prison for those of you who like to round up and detain civilians

Zeus Game Master for Admins

Lots of stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting

As a traditional ALiVE Assymetrical Insurgency mission, the idea here is to replicate a long-term persistent campaign, going out on patrol, talking to the locals, clearing and holding towns, and destroying the enemy resources. For more insight on how to play, please read the "How to play" section in the mission briefing area. For a more in-depth analysis of what the bells and whistles of an ALiVE Insurgency entails, here is an excellent breakdown from the ALiVE wiki: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

Mods:

CBA*

ALiVE*

Spyder Addons*

Community Factions Project*

CUP Weapons*

CUP Units*

CUP Vehicles*

CUP Terrains Core, CWA and Maps*

Reshmaan Mad Build

Reshmaan Province

Note: * means I'm currently using the Steam Workshop version of the mod.

Saving your progress: This mission uses a local saving feature, which is accessed in the esc menu and initiated by the "server save and exit" function. To continue your save, simply act as if you're starting the mission over again and your data will load automatically. To start the mission over, change the PBO name or execute "call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear" in the debug menu. This mission should only be played on a local hosted server, even if you're playing alone with AI. If you want to play the mission on a dedicated server, for now, unpack the mission, open the Data module, and change the local saving option to "cloud."

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mfpl9wjamyogxa/Prophet_CFP.reshmaan.pbo?dl=0

Workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=964720678

• Like 7

Ok, so for anyone that's never tried, here is a link to the ALiVE wiki which contains a list of steps to follow to get a locally hosted dedicated server up and running on your own PC using the community made TADST tool (steps written by Brawler, added to the Wiki by SavageCDN):

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ALiVE_Data

And the TADST tool: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/101123-tophes-arma-dedicated-server-tool-tadst/

Here's a link to ALiVE's War Room where you can register and setup your server for persistence: http://alivemod.com/user/login

Note: The server will then need to run @aliveserver, which is to be placed last in the mod line. Clients never run @aliveserver so put it on the server only.

• Like 1

Minor update to all of the missions (all of the changes are very subtle). Full notes for those curious are in the new changelogs I added below the mission download links.

Update to Prophet and Parasol via request to mitigate Taliban spawns in 3CB outposts and the main base on Reshmaan. Decided to liven up some enemy custom HQ's while I was at it because why not. :)

All of the missions have been updated to reflect 3CB BAF Vehicles 5.0.1 changes (this version of their vehicles is now required) which has added an amazing Helicopter Resupply Station. I also added a helicopter spawner to everything and did some additional mission balancing to better suit long term persistence. I also fixed an issue where ambient animations had broken.

I have loaded all the mods but in the selection screen of the prophet mission I cant select a side. I have tried in LAN.

I have loaded all the mods but in the selection screen of the prophet mission I cant select a side. I have tried in LAN.

On the top left side of the screen in the player select area, there should be a BLUFOR option. Click that and the roles will appear.

If not, than there is an add on either missing or that isn't the correct (newest) version.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any additional questions.

It is working now. It appears armaholic has a older version of the BAF vehicles. After downloaded with playsix it is working fine! thank you

• Like 1

Really minor update everyone. AuTigerGrad was wonderful enough to provide me with a StaticData.sqf file that limits friendly choppers to 3CB helicopters only. I appreciate it buddy. :)

This doesn't impact gameplay at all so don't worry about downloading these versions if you don't care about what chopper is dropping off friendly AI. Any important updates will receive a change log entry and a bump in the thread detailing the "fix."

I also added a note that I really enjoy Pooter's Enhanced ASR AI. It's not required but it's excellent.

With the 1.60 update today, there's a very good chance the lighting will be broken when using AiA.

The CUP team will be updating here soon and then the lighting issues should be fixed however, unless determined otherwise, AiA is officially obsolete and should NOT be used any further.

I will begin testing these missions with CUP later. FATA may not have any sound depending on whether or not the CUP team was able to get the fix into their update.

Also, it's entirely possible other things could be broken as well so please bare with me as I change the map dependency and run some tests with 1.60.

So just a heads up. The 1.60 update has rendered these missions all fucked.

Rather than pull them temporarily I'll just put that out there and will be updating them as soon as possible. Currently there are some startup issues which are causing the missions to complete immediately upon starting, and also some initialization issues which aren't allowing the proper number of forces to spawn even when I remove the "mission complete" trigger.

With ALiVE RC 1.0.7 being released, I'm happy to announce the formal re-release of Prophet! I've decided to seperate these missions into standalone projects, of which I'll be releasing a couple more very very soon. Prophet has been reworked and optimized to better suit the changes made to Arma with 1.60, and will continue to be updated as we get closer to Apex (for example, BIS will be improving the AI driving which I will then remove the VCOM AI Driving script).

I've been working on this one for quite some time, eagerly in anticipation for ALiVE to update again. Here it is so here's the mission!

Thanks ALiVE devs!

• Like 2

Im glad to hear it Heroes! Congrats on the release ... the requirements remain the same correct?

• Like 1

Im glad to hear it Heroes! Congrats on the release ... the requirements remain the same correct?

Yes. I haven't really changed much mod-wise aside from changing the map pack requirement to CUP Terrains. The mods in the OP are the mods you'd need to play the mission (in the recommended load order too!).

Keep in mind there are two very important downloads in the first post which wouldn't really be available anywhere else unless you've dug deep within the threads on the ALiVE forums (for Davidoss' patch) or are a real avid fan of Burnes' older work (The Foxhound. It's the same Foxhound used in AuTigerGrad's amazing British Steel mission. So if you've played that, you have it). Make sure to grab those too from the links above if you don't already have them.

And I appreciate the congratulations and it's good to hear from you, Riksen! :)

For any mission I put on the forums here, I will be supporting them regularly. If you get around to trying it and have any issues, questions or requests, let me know!

Is there any easy way to tell what addons I have that are missing/corrupt that wouldn't allow this mission to load?  I'm not having any luck  :(

Is there any easy way to tell what addons I have that are missing/corrupt that wouldn't allow this mission to load? I'm not having any luck :(

Unfortunately not but it should be pretty easy for me help you figure it out. I agree, the new screen that pops up when you're missing something is not very helpful.

Doublecheck the first post closely.

Maybe you can post a screenshot of what your mod line looks like? 3CB Vehicles updated recently so make sure all your mods are up-to-date.

You can try this link for Burnes Foxhound: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1mb6145l4s5xle/%40burnes_foxhound.zip?dl=0

I doubt it will help but it's worth a try. Also, with Massi Comptibilities patch, you only need the @mas_comptibilities folder. Run that @folder like you would any other mod. I've integrated the other two files (init.sqf and StaticData.sqf) into the mission files themselves. You don't need those. I updated the first post to make the usage of that mod a little more clear.

Alrighty, here's a screenshot of my Arma mod list.  I did update the 3CB Vehicles, although it still says version 4 for some reason.

http://imgur.com/6pNATIc

That's a very good load order! Burnes Foxhound should probably be higher but yeah, everything seems to be there.

I don't know if it would be unreasonable for you to try, but perhaps the mission would load if you used a direct download of CUP Terrains that wasn't from the Workshop? I had nothing...and I mean nothing but problems with the Workshop version.

I'll actually try to load my Dropbox version of the mission with my Dropbox versions of mas_compatibilities and Burnes Foxhound right now. Though I have to also wonder what "Auto Included" next to your Foxhound means? I've never seen the launcher say that. Also, please make sure you are using either the Foxhound link I posted or the link in my first post. The version of I'm using is a bit older than the one Burnes posts on his YouTube channel.

I'll BRB after I try to load my mission with my Dropbox links.

Thanks for the reply!

The 'auto-included' just means that the launcher automatically detected the new mod from my 'watched folder' and included it in the list.  Doesn't indicate any dependencies for the mod...

I definitely am using the foxhound version you uploaded, but I'll try to direct download the CUP Terrains.  Hopefully that'll fix it;  I'll let you know either way.

OMG...sorry. It was my fault.

Short version: Download the mission file again. I fixed it.

Long version: I had forgotten that the CBA update before last unintentionally made client side mods dependencies in some cases. It was a bug with event handlers I think. Anyway, I had LSD's Full Screen Night Vision loaded the last time I edited the mission, and therefore a dependency was made.

My bad. I really apologize for that. It's all fixed now. If you get the mission PBO now it definitely should finally play. :)

Hah, it works!  Awesome fun, even in SP!

Just played for a quick session, scouted and cleared a small village, scared off some enemy reinforcements with my vehicle-mounted MGs, and just as I get the 'area clear' from my AI troop the call the prayer starts.  Like something out of a movie  :)

Thanks, HeroesandvillainsOS!

• Like 1

Yeah man, my best memories with with game have been with the pure awesomeness of ALiVE Insurgencies. Thanks for sharing your story. :)

If you ever want, in the second post on the first page I detail how to start a dedicated server on your own PC. That way, with a War Room account, you can save and resume your progress.

As amazing as it is in the beginning, you'll adore what you start seeing after a few hours of play. The insurgents will by then have likely established their basic military and civilian installations, and will be moving onto more strategic and surprising operations. Civilians will start arming themselves from weapons depots, the Taliban will start laying down IED's and placing roadblocks, suicide bombers will being hunting you. It's really quite incredible.

If you need any help setting one up, let me know! And thanks for playing the mission. I have more to come on different maps here pretty soon too. :)

Hey man, I've gotten all those mods installed, put them in the precise mod order but for some reason it still refuses to work.

I launch the mission, it loads up and I hear music but then it just says Mission Completed and it throws me back into the main screen. I re-downloaded the mission twice so that can't be it. And I'd love to play this!

Hey man, I've gotten all those mods installed, put them in the precise mod order but for some reason it still refuses to work.

I launch the mission, it loads up and I hear music but then it just says Mission Completed and it throws me back into the main screen. I re-downloaded the mission twice so that can't be it. And I'd love to play this!

Hi. Thank you for downloading the mission and I'm sorry you are having issues.

The mission complete message on mission start is actually caused by the "author is not a value" error introduced into the game with 1.60. For whatever reason, that specific error causes a delay in ALiVE's initialization so the mission compete trigger thinks all of the enemies are dead when the mission begins. :) You cannot have this error and play my mission. We need to find the source.

What this tells me is one of few things:

1. You are using a mod not listed in the first post. If so remove it from your mod line.

2. You are using an out-dated version of an appropriate mod. ALiVE, Spyder Addons and CBA for instance all updated recently and have fixed this error on their ends. Make triple sure every mod is 100% up-to-date.

3. You have an old download of my mission (which I'd say is pretty much impossible seeing as you said you just downloaded it).

4. You added Spyder Addons' Civilian Interaction module to the mission in the editor (I'd say this is unlikely because I doubt you immediately started to edit a mission you just downloaded. LOL!).

Let me know if that helps you in any way.

I got most mods from the workshop and the ones that I could not get from there I downloaded through armaholic (or the links in the main post).

The map loads in the editor and all, so it's not the map at least, and the only other mod would be ASR AI, but that should be fine, right?