On 30.10.2016 at 9:22 AM, Undeceived said:

Max, are you going to release the mod on Steam Workshop too?

On 30.10.2016 at 8:17 PM, maxjoiner said:

[...]

@Undeceived for the moment I don't know.... I'll decide when I'll release the beta version...

Hi Max,

first of all Happy new year from my side too.

Have you thought about a SW download?

The one-click download and setup would be very helpful, especially if many addons/mods are required for a mission or campaign.

Hey @maxjoiner, my apologies with the bug report. It turns out that the female soldiers can carry significantly less weight before they are forced to walk. I was assigning all members of my squad the same scripted loadout, which was too much for the female unit. I've adjusted that and she is as nimble as the others.

@tpw ok fine........

@Undeceived  before to decide,  are You developing a mission with my Women addon?

Nice mod from an paranoid author, this is my opinion.

With this "rules" and "hidden" endMission sqfs you force more and more guys to rePbo your work to unblock it.

Every mod cost days or years of development but i hate authors who are so limited in a so open minded and open source community like arma.

I hope you change your mind a little bit. But thats only my two cents worth.

• Like 1

@Maxjoiner : have you considered buying Mikero's tools?

That's pretty much the only viable way to go if you want to protect your work - it's also non-intrusive and no one will need to repack your files (they won't be able to, anyway).

• Like 2

i wonder if that (encrypting the files) is even allowed considering this is made of BI content. afaik you need to release it openly.

i agree with what shukari said. all this will do is make people unpack it and remove whatever you put in there. you are better off writing a proper license and trust the community to enforce it as good as possible. as others have said, you are hurting the wrong people and the ones you are targetting will simply unpack it and repack it after removing your scripts.

overall i feel that the focus on the actual files is kind of wasted effort. you should focus more on making sure that you get credited properly. but as long as you allow other people, who asked you for permission, to use this as a base for other things it doesn't really matter. i know this must've been a lot of work and people should respect that but it's also a great base for all kinds of other addons. would be a shame to lock it down like that. i bet many people (including me) have been waiting for a proper port of the arma 2 female models.

either way. great effort and great you got to release it. keep it up!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maxjoiner said:

@Undeceived  before to decide,  are You developing a mission with my Women addon?

Well, I didn't take a closer look at them yet, but I'm converting an Arma 2 campaign where I had lot's of women (hehe that sounds nice :don12:, doesn't it?), so I was desperately waiting for women in Arma 3. CUP doesn't say much about the matter* and your addon seems to be shaping up well, so right now I'd say yes, I'd like to use it. Although I also need the old women (farmwifes, etc.).

*in order to avoid inumerous required downloads for the player I would stick to CUP if there were women, but right now I don't see them coming.

• Like 4

that'd be actually a great thing i forgot to mention. the dream scenario would be this ending up inside CUP in some form. with all these available arma 2 uniforms in editable form there is also a potential huge wealth of new clothes for these possible. but yea. just dreaming.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, shukari said:

With this "rules" and "hidden" endMission sqfs you force more and more guys to rePbo your work to unblock it.

Every mod cost days or years of development but i hate authors who are so limited in a so open minded and open source community like arma.

Pretty much this.

It's a very good way to encourage people to violate your license more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad benson said:

that'd be actually a great thing i forgot to mention. the dream scenario would be this ending up inside CUP in some form. with all these available arma 2 uniforms in editable form there is also a potential huge wealth of new clothes for these possible. but yea. just dreaming.

We can hope the author may decide to donate the content to CUP.

• Like 5

Congrats on a very nice release. I started experimenting with including your women mod in my missions, so far it's working very well. Like Undeceived, I'm porting an A2 campaign and I was very thankful to find this yesterday because a key character is a woman. Thanks.

• Like 2

On 2.1.2017 at 5:19 PM, Undeceived said:

so I was desperately waiting for women in Arma 3. CUP doesn't say much about the matter* and your addon seems to be shaping up well, so right now I'd say yes, I'd like to use it. Although I also need the old women (farmwifes, etc.).

*in order to avoid inumerous required downloads for the player I would stick to CUP if there were women, but right now I don't see them coming.

Everything that was in A1/A2 will get included in CUP someday ;)

This! 

Wanted to DL this when I saw it on Armaholic but than saw the "restrictions".

P.S. I only play in MP. So I can't really use it with the strings attached.

Edited by NeoArmageddon
Added a clarification why I don't download this as P.S.. Appearently some people felt offended.

1 hour ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Everything that was in A1/A2 will get included in CUP someday ;)

No doubt about that! :)

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:57 PM, shukari said:

As I already said I respect the opinions, but to be insulted is another thing....
If You aren't a doctor I suggest You to keep for You these opinions because they are offensives...
Thanks at person like You, I could lose my passion to continue to develop this addon...

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:05 PM, Kerc Kasha said:

Pretty much this.

It's a very good way to encourage people to violate your license more

You right, maybe It's this that he wants......

Thanks to all for your comments and feedbacks.....

Great work Max,these are some awesome civ additions which were missing in the base game.I hope you keep working on them.

• Like 1

Okay-a lot of posts have been hidden here. Anyone who wants to continue the argument-take it to PM's.

A modder can open a thread and detail his whole creation process-and at the end decide it will get no public release at all and will just be for him alone. Thats fine-and so is making a limited release such as this one.

So let it go folks.

• Like 2

Great job, I will be pleased to see it released one day to Multiplayer. 

Question: when tpw say the weight carryable of the women is lesser than the avergae man in Arma, is this a bug or something you implemented on purpose? 

@fistogames For the moment I don't want to upload my mod on steam.... thanks

@zuzul  I have set  the women's uniform to carry lesser than a man.....Thank for your comment 

13 hours ago, maxjoiner said:

@fistogames For the moment I don't want to upload my mod on steam.... thanks

@zuzul  I have set  the women's uniform to carry lesser than a man.....Thank for your comment 

Thank you for your answer. Sadly we don't share the same point of view about this topic and I don't think this is the right place to discuss this ; I will not be able to use your mod for my girl friends playing arma in my team then.

Good luck for the mod.

• Like 4

They are the best solution for the weapons animations, because the women hands are very hard to set for weapons.

However, when I find the time (and the inspiration) I should try to improve them.

• Like 3

I was wondering how you made the Multiplayer limitation. Can you give a small walkthrough?