Sign in to follow this  
mdtorch

Writing a mod that disables other PBOs?

Hi guys,

Im a total newb writing custom mods, but got a question here. Is it possible to write a mod, that deactivates certain PBOs from other mods if located?

Particularly I'm speaking about a compatibility problem between the ACE mod and VTN. Our clan uses both of them, but the VTN-medic-system isn't quite as good as ACE medic and seems to trouble it. It simply isnt possible to use both mods at the same time and have a trouble free game atm. So, we want to get rid of VTN medic, which can be achieved by deleting several PBOs from its mod folder. This is impractical because we have to tell every casual guest on our server to do so, and after VTN gets an update those PBOs are back. So my question would be: Is it possible to create a mod for our repo, that deactivates those VNT PBOs and how would I do that? Thanx in advance guys, hope someone has an answer :)

dependency vtn, and find the specfic class and overwrite it with an empty/default one and hope that it doesn't interfere with something else?

You can detect if an addon (functions) is present. You can write your own script or your own addon with a conditional behavior for this presence, but you can't modify addon which are not yours.

Thanx for the suggestions guys.

"dependency vtn, and find the specfic class and overwrite it with an empty/default one and hope that it doesn't interfere with something else?"

How would I do that? :unsure:

"You can detect if an addon (functions) is present. You can write your own script or your own addon with a conditional behavior for this presence, but you can't modify addon which are not yours."

Deactivation counts as modification? I want to treat those PBOs as if they would have been deleted.