Sign in to follow this  
tmp95

A3 on new Windows 10 computer -Spacebar now doesn't select all units?

I'm curious. I just purchased new top line computer. It came with windows 10 pro.  I've today got steam and A3 all set up on it.  And for some reason now my "SPACEBAR" key no longer selects all units under my command. Instead it is the "`" key.

But even when I go to swtich it back to Spacebar.....it isn't taking it.  It shows it, but does not implement it.

The spacebar is basically my selecting key now.  Say I want my untis to regroup I scroll to "regroup" and then hit spacebar.  

it is rather confusing though I'm sure I can get use to it.  I'm just confused because on my other windows 7 system.  Logging into same Steam account, using same mods.  If I hit spacebar, all units under my command are selected.

That isn't normal.  You don't have to settle for it.  I'm on Win10 and have no such problems.  Middle mouse button is my select key, and both spacebar and ` (default) are my select all units keys.  Unless something is wrong with your profile, you should be able to configure your controls.

Question:  are you using stable branch or 1.60 RC?

--

Edit: ok, I am now having a surreal experience with RC.  To make sure I answered your question correctly, I started A3 and checked my Select All Units keys.  All was good, and I entered the control config menu just to check, didn't change anything.  Quit A3.  Then I started it again later, and now my Select All Units keys are all messed up and are behaving just like you wrote.  Somehow L ctrl + ` became my Select All.  What?  So I changed it back to ` and spacebar.  But now even those don't work most of the time (sometimes spacebar works...?).  I can't select all units.  I think something is really messed up with the RC regarding key bindings and the control config settings.   It appears that if you enter the GUI to change a particular keybind and click ok, then things get messed up. 

Now I just set Select All to the default ` and returned to game, and spacebar now selects all units!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????  Not good.

The opposite is also true.  I selected spacebar for Select All Units, and after that ` selected all units.  So have spacebar and ` keys somehow become switched?  If one of those is selected, then the other key works, and if both are selected, then neither of them works.

Hello,

thank you for the feedback. 

Could you please send me your control settings so I can check what actions are binded to specific keys? 

One issue might be that the Spacebar is by default binded to Use Selected Action and Use Default Action that will cause that units will be selected but immediately will be given an order. To prevent this, you would need to use different key for the Use -x- Action or at least remove the Space key from that. If this is not the case, I will need to see those control settings as I am currently not able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks

• Like 1

@razazel,  thanks for your reply.  Is there some profile/config file that I should provide you?

Importantly, did something regarding the default binding of spacebar change recently, or in RC?

My binds:

Use default action = Enter, Middle mouse

Use selected action = Middle mouse

Spacebar appears to be used only for Select All Units.  My keybinds are quite close to A2 default.

Again, if ` and spacebar are both bound to Select All Units, then neither key will work for that command.

In the settings, have you checked that the keybindings profile is not different from the one you used before Windows10?  I know there are settings for Arma 2 layout, Arma3, etc.

As I mentioned above, if spacebar is bound to Select All Units, then ` works for that command.  But I noticed today that, if several units are selected (but not all), hitting spacebar will select the remainder of your units.  Odd.  This still seems bugged, as I would think that hitting ` should select the remaining units...

The converse is also true.  If ` is bound to Select All Units, then spacebar works for that command.  If several units are selected (but not all), hitting ` will select the remainder of your units.

:o :wacko: :blink:

Here is the current situation in tabular form:

Key(s) bound to Select All Units   |   Key that actually selects all units   |   Key that selects remaining un-selected units   |   Key that unselects all units

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

`                                                      spacebar                                                                   `                                                                           spacebar

spacebar                                                    `                                                                       spacebar                                                                       `

` and spacebar                                          none                                                                 none                                                                         none

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desired:   ` and spacebar                               ` or spacebar                                              ` or spacebar                                                  ` or spacebar

This is quite messed up, needless to say.

Above is still true in 1.60 stable.  :(  I guess I'll have to reset all my keybinds to default and see if that fixes the problem. 

Edit:  I think :unsure: resetting solved the problem.  I reset binds to A3 Apex preset, and then spent about 30 minutes configuring keybinds, and have now circuitously arrived back at the desired ` and spacebar for Select All Units.  I also validated A3 game files.

I'm having this same issue. No matter what I do, even with spacebar set as "select all units", when I press it it commands them all to move to where I'm looking.