Hello, You know that I have not finished the map "deadcity" in 2013, because that map had a lot of bugs, also if there was a problem with the time. Now I started a new map, it will be similar to last map.

*Map is based on terrain Zagrabad sample map with rivers.
*The map will have a town called "Pecher".
*The city will be a bit more than Zagrabad.
*The leaves of the trees were removed o2.
*Created several wrecks cars from arma2 models.
*Fixed lods firegeometry of ruined buildings.

I hope , i will be have time for finish that map.  :o  :ph34r:
Mq9MX78m.jpg
nXVvsndl.jpg?1
65Xk3Tyl.jpg
cXbW86kl.jpg

• Like 20

this looks like the grozny map from A2, I loved the feel of that map so much! really looking forward to this! :D

• Like 1

this looks like the grozny map from A2, I loved the feel of that map so much! really looking forward to this! :D

It does look like that -mixed with Fallout 3's Capital Wasteland :)

• Like 2

Very nice looking. A small suggestion--forests on the outskirts of the city. Would be good for besieging snipers and artillery. Just a thought.

Anyone knows is it possible to turn off all static lights at night in world config.cpp ?

I would suggest reaching out to haleks, his Ravage mod has all artificial light disabled on Altis.

Down loaded and will give it a try. Pics look very good.

EDIT:

I used this map today and with the exception of a few missing textures this is one awesome map.

Hey man, great work so far, I really enjoy your map.

There is one thing tho that seems off to me. The biggest building in the city seems to give no visual cover against AI. 

If you place them even 150m away and you run up the stairs, they somehow detect you and begin to open fire, would really like to see that fixed, as it renders the building useless for sniper missions etc.

My only issue so far with this map is the perm cloud cover, even if you turn overcast off. 

Another suggestion: tag this 'chechnya', so players looking for gritty urban combat maps/playstyles can find this quicker.

Will there ever be a broken down metro system or is that too hard to in A3?

Edit: Been playing a lot on it tonight. I kind of like the industrial lights and the plaza lights. When I tried to make it really foggy, the whole city became dark instead, I think that might be related to me trying it on dev build though.

Map felt like a really gloomy Cheranobyl and WWII Elite Sniper mix. With more work this would be incredible fantastic. Details will bring it out as it currently feels like someone dropped a nuke here not so far away.

• Like 1

Map felt like a really gloomy Cheranobyl and WWII Elite Sniper mix. With more work this would be incredible fantastic. Details will bring it out as it currently feels like someone dropped a nuke here not so far away.

^^^ You just give me a great idea for a mission...... THANK YOU BRO!!!!

• Like 1

@argument: awesome map! keep it up!

slightly unrelated question. aren't you the guy who was working on making some of the cherno houses enterable? if so, any chance to see those in the future or a source release for someone esle to finish them?

sorry if i mixed you up with someone else.

Hey man, great work so far, I really enjoy your map.

There is one thing tho that seems off to me. The biggest building in the city seems to give no visual cover against AI. 

If you place them even 150m away and you run up the stairs, they somehow detect you and begin to open fire, would really like to see that fixed, as it renders the building useless for sniper missions etc.

My only issue so far with this map is the perm cloud cover, even if you turn overcast off. 

thanks, fixed

@argument: awesome map! keep it up!

slightly unrelated question. aren't you the guy who was working on making some of the cherno houses enterable? if so, any chance to see those in the future or a source release for someone esle to finish them?

sorry if i mixed you up with someone else.

it was me, i can give you source if you need 

Great work on the map.

It works very well for urban motorized combat and tank battles, as well as CQB.

I like the fact that you kept it free of map labels, makes it very versatile.

My only suggestions are that you add more garbage items to the ground ( the arma 3 garbage bags look nice) and personally i prefer the A2 OA roads that you used outside the city to the Chernarus ones, I think it would probably look better with those A2 OA roads ( the ones that dont have leaves on the edges)

The buildings fit really well, I think you could use some more foliage on the ground though, maybe try to mix in some of the arma 3 green grass from altis in small patches, and there is some dead grass and shrubs from altis as well that would fit perfectly.

Also as that other guy said adding some pine forests around the city with like half dead trees and some arma 3 dead bushes would fit really well.

Also one thing is that the map looks weirdly bright on the map screen, the  texture looks oddly bright compared to the actual ground on there.

Good work, looking forward to version 2 :)

Edit:

Found a bug

You spawned 2 factory buildings into each other right here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692679110

In Eden editor, at coordinates (5170, 4044), you have two trees with their trunks embedded in the bridge -- the rows of trees flanking the road went 1 iteration too far towards the river bank.

Otherwise, this is a great concept for a map! I love the atmosphere so far. The parked cars and wrecked playgrounds are a nice touch.

This would be tedious to add, perhaps, but maybe set up some funnels and kill zones, where random junk piles, abandoned barricades, a wrecked truck, etc. happen to block off streets here and there, creating a partial maze or funnel for a couple streets. And some of them could have non-obvious exits by cutting through a building, or crouching/crawling under a gap formed by 2-3 cars/objects piled just high enough.

If you don't care about making AI pathfinding impossible (i.e. a permanent PvP only map), the streets could use more trash objects and wrecked cars, rubble, etc. But that may be a choice better left for a mission designer, to permit coop vs AI mission as a default. But that's your call!