Sign in to follow this  
[evo] dan

Cant get P Drive to Mount

Hi all,

I've been trying to get the P Drive to mount via the A3 tools but I seem unable to get it to work at all.

Now, i've been trying to follow the advice given to me by BIS:

The P Drive source should not be in the same directory as the tools.​

However, I've gone through the preferences menu, selected settings and then gone to the P Drive tab, I've set it to a folder within the C Directory. I then go and press the mount P drive, it pops up the cmd window, then shuts shortly, without having actually mounted the P drive, even though it says it has completed it successfully. I try to even go to the P Drive via the tools but Windows says no. I'm running tools as Admin on Win 10 if that makes any difference.

Am I missing something somewhere like copying everything to a work folder manually or something?

Heres the excerpt from the log, not sure why its saying mounting from undefined since the C folder I have pointed to exists and I've install bulldozer into there.

2016-05-16 19:58:59,046 1 [iNFO] [WorkDrive.Program.DoTask]: Mounting the work drive from "undefined"
2016-05-16 19:58:59,090 1 [iNFO] [WorkDrive.Program.NewInstance]: Child Started: FileName: WorkDrive.exe - Arguments: /mount P "C:\P Drive Stuff" /parent=7360
2016-05-16 19:58:59,400 1 [iNFO] [WorkDrive.Logger.Start]: Child process from: 7360
2016-05-16 19:58:59,431 1 [iNFO] [WorkDrive.Program.DoTask]: Mounting the work drive from "undefined"
2016-05-16 19:58:59,433 1 [iNFO] [WorkDrive.Modules.PDrive.Mount]: Work drive mounted from C:\P Drive Stuff
2016-05-16 19:58:59,444 1 [iNFO] [WorkDrive.Modules.PDrive.Mount]: Work drive mounted from C:\P Drive Stuff
2016-05-16 19:58:59,445 1 [iNFO] [WorkDrive.Program.DoTask]: Success

I've followed the instructions here, but no P drive ever gets mounted unless I go through and do it manually every time:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190353-howto-work-drive-setup-buldozer/

This is really not my area of expertise-but I belive ther was ome change made to how thi works recently.I was sure I saw something about it in one of the recent changelogs-the one before last I think.Maybe the info you are using has not been updated?

This is really not my area of expertise-but I belive ther was ome change made to how thi works recently.I was sure I saw something about it in one of the recent changelogs-the one before last I think.Maybe the info you are using has not been updated?

Yup it's on dev branch only atm, I'm waiting for the switch to main branch to update my tutorial (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190353-howto-work-drive-setup-buldozer/)

Try to run the tools without the "Run this program as an administrator" box ticked.

Regarding this:

2016-05-16 19:58:59,046 1 [iNFO] [WorkDrive.Program.DoTask]: Mounting the work drive from "undefined"

I don't really know mine says just Mounting the work drive from "" and it does work flawlessly.

Ahh, maybe thats why as I'm only using the stable version of the BI Tools.

Could you please provide the full log of WorkDrive?

Yup it's on dev branch only atm, I'm waiting for the switch to main branch to update my tutorial (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190353-howto-work-drive-setup-buldozer/)

Try to run the tools without the "Run this program as an administrator" box ticked.

Regarding this:

I don't really know mine says just Mounting the work drive from "" and it does work flawlessly.

"Run this program as an administrator" is a bad idea because in this case, the drive wouldn't exist for applications started without admin privileges.

For the empty string, I will have a look :)

Hi Tom,

Thats exaclty what I told him to do, he said he runs the tools with admin privileges so unchecking this parameter might fix the issue.

I will add a bold red warning to my tutorial for reference.

• Like 1

Indeed, unticked the admin privilege on the A3 tools and straight out of the box it created and mounted the P drive for me. Thanks guys! 

• Like 1