Jump to content
.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Recommended Posts

Time will tell. Some things have changed in the meantime though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Panzerkette28 said:

Hmm, I don't know if I understood the concept right.

Iron Front was originally a game, that had a "Lite" version with low-res textures, that was made to play with people who had the game without buying the game. This "Lite" version was converted to a mod for Arma 2 & Arma 3. The condition is, that this mod has to be released with full texture details etc. one day for money. As a creator dlc? How is it planned?

Read my post here on the Iron front fan forums which i run and own, this is part where the conversion started, my post here explains what the game, and versions (IF, IFA2, and IFA3) when, why, and how they came about, ect,.

https://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/confused-what-is-the-difference-between-ififa2-and-ifa3-9778972?pid=1304677721

Scroll to the top and my post is in reply to the OP's post there that provides all the details, as for the future as what is planned Kju has that info, as he said time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to change the height the plane flies on during the static line paradrop? seems to me it always dives down to a pretty low altitude before dropping the troops..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, .kju said:

Doesn't seem to change it but I could be doing something wrong. Gonna look into it more later. I think the current height is alright though after tweaking the landing zone a bit etc.

 

 Really enjoying the mod by the way, great work! 🙂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I got a crash in Liberation Tobruk [UK Army IFA3] mission after having moved German artillery piece and then using the ballistics computer. Also the computer becomes inaccurate after moving the piece. Rounds are off by ~500 meters or so (probably the distance I moved the piece). Is this a known problem in IFA or something that the mission author should look at ? Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mcnools what setup did you try exactly?

 

@MichaelZFreeman submit crash logs to BI please

 

artillery computer is somewhat a black box. we set it up to have the shown spread at different distance reflect the real world data (not factory data) for artillery and mortars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, .kju said:

@mcnools what setup did you try exactly?

 

@MichaelZFreeman submit crash logs to BI please

 

artillery computer is somewhat a black box. we set it up to have the shown spread at different distance reflect the real world data (not factory data) for artillery and mortars

 

OK, thanks. Will do.

 

Another thing. What is it with the German squad car (the SdKfz 222). The four wheeled one with the open turret. All other vehicles like the Kubelwagan (four wheel drive car) go OK on sand. But the squad car grinds to a very slow crawl if even one wheel is on sand. This is most noticeable at the southern airfield on the Tobruk map. I can whiz up and down the airfield no problem but then it can't make it up sand covered hills, where normal bog standard cars have no problem.

 

I forgot to say that IFA is really floating my WW2 boat in A3 ! I was playing Forgotten Hope (Battlefield 2 engine) but after losing their AI developers many of the maps are buggy and crash a lot. ArmA is much more stable.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MichaelZFreeman said:

But the squad car grinds to a very slow crawl if even one wheel is on sand.

One wheel sounds a bit much, i can see all four wheels but i think thats by design, i mean a wheeled vehicle like a civilian or even officer's jeep IRL wouldn't get far on the sand.

Not meant to be an all terrain vehicle, tracks and large wheels like troop transports are ideal, but then why go on the sand if you have roads, i suppose that depends on where the enemy is and or objective.

29 minutes ago, MichaelZFreeman said:

I forgot to say that IFA is really floating my WW2 boat in A3 ! I was playing Forgotten Hope (Battlefield 2 engine) but after losing their AI developers many of the maps are buggy and crash a lot. ArmA is much more stable.

Have you seen my All WW2 Mods Compilation list for arma3 linked in my sig yet?

Theres also my IFA3 Mod collections on steam ----->  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934510504

which all of these mods are on the All WW2 mods list too, these are specifically ones that work and are for IFA3.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 10:27 AM, .kju said:

@mcnools what setup did you try exactly?

 

I tried "this flyingheight 400" into the init of both the plane and the pilot, that's how I remember it working but I might be wrong. (not gonna jump at 400m but wanted to set a very high altitude in order to test the differences)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 9:09 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

One wheel sounds a bit much, i can see all four wheels but i think thats by design, i mean a wheeled vehicle like a civilian or even officer's jeep IRL wouldn't get far on the sand.

Not meant to be an all terrain vehicle, tracks and large wheels like troop transports are ideal, but then why go on the sand if you have roads, i suppose that depends on where the enemy is and or objective.

Have you seen my All WW2 Mods Compilation list for arma3 linked in my sig yet?

Theres also my IFA3 Mod collections on steam ----->  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934510504

which all of these mods are on the All WW2 mods list too, these are specifically ones that work and are for IFA3.

 

I'll try and make a video. My point was that other 4 wheel vehicles have no problem on sand although they are bit slower. I suppose you could argue that the 4 wheeled APC is a heavier, anyway I'll try and show this in a video.

 

Yes, I found your WW2 list. Very useful. You are indeed the uber compiler !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mcnools did some test myself again. it appears flyInHeight is ignored when a plane attacks something/has a target assigned/is in combat mode..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. Having an issue with the driverless tanks in MP. If I set down a tank in the editor and then play the mission on dedicated server the tank engine turns over but the vehicle will not move. If I then Zeus in a driveless tank I can jump in & drive normally. However if another player on my team tries to access the tank the tank refuses to move. Questions are: 1 ) are the DVL tanks mean to be MP compatible ? 2) Why, as Zeus can I drive the tank whilst regular players cant? V Confused (not unusual for me)

 

Modset I'm using is IFA, @FOW, CBA, CUP Terrains Core, TFAR and TAW View Distance. Can anyone replicate the issue?/having similar problems.

 

Thanks to Devs of mod, love your work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 11:25 AM, mcnools said:

 

I tried "this flyingheight 400" into the init of both the plane and the pilot, that's how I remember it working but I might be wrong. (not gonna jump at 400m but wanted to set a very high altitude in order to test the differences)

I found something you can try in a mod, check this out ----> Set Flight Height v1.0 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1993862849

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@guttersnipe

we had a few reports of this already but werent able to reproduce it on our end. note this is BI technology we use, so we can only forward this to BI to be solved

now what we would need is exact setup and reproduction steps

 

possibly its a locality problem - if you are not effectiveCommander, you cannot control it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 8:12 AM, .kju said:

@guttersnipe

we had a few reports of this already but werent able to reproduce it on our end. note this is BI technology we use, so we can only forward this to BI to be solved

now what we would need is exact setup and reproduction steps

 

possibly its a locality problem - if you are not effectiveCommander, you cannot control it

 

 

 

Must be locality then, as  I ungrouped the other players from my group whilst having no AI available so I don't think it can be related to "effectiveCommander".

 

Thx for the relies.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Kju, question for you,

In the editor under empty using the word "trench" for the search criteria, there are a few yellow icons with question marks, these icons

dont have any pictures to represent them like the other ones are you guys still working on updating aspects of the editor to add these pictures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what the class name(s)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Land_WW2_SWU_Trench_Tjunction_Desert
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_FA_Understand
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_Gold_Beach_Trench_inward
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_Gold_Beach_Trench_outward
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_Gold_Beach_Trench_Floor
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_Gold_Beach_Trench_Long
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_Gold_Beach_Trench_short
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_Tobruk_Trench_Corner
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_Tobruk_Trench_exit
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_Tobruk_Trench_gunposition
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_Tobruk_Trench_striaght
  • Land_WW2_LAWZ_Tobruk_Trench_tjunction

These you can find under empty, using the word trench in the search box, they all have

question marks on their icons without any pics.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×