.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Is there a way to disable the random numbers on tanks (in my case Pz IV  Ausf. H) ? 

try: 

_tank setVariable ["LIB_Numbers",""];

not sure if this works (all the time). if not, i will add some other way in the next update

• Like 1

Thank you! Works like a charm.

If I understand your terms correctly, I'm allowed to reskin the models right?

@Fl3rian yep we encourage people in fact to do so - as such basically all models camo selections and hiddenSelectionTextures definitions in config.

• Like 4

Hey IFA3 Team will have fixed that the M1 Garand rifle has a problem. Find that in the index finger of the soldier's hand is a little behind the trigger of the rifle.

Heu .kju, here are the textures for the US armored. Please, give them good use

M3 Stuart

https://www.4shared.com/rar/6-OCkfEoee/M3_Stuart.html

Sherman 76mm, Sherman Firefly, Sherman HVSS and the caterpillars

https://www.4shared.com/rar/1Sh9Muwfgm/M4_Sherman.html

M8 Greyhound

https://www.4shared.com/rar/dRNgDMiJee/M8_Greyhound.html

imagen.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

If only we had working shore batteries like those Jap guns from Tanoa...

Anyone know which command(s) are used to disable speech / radio by default with IFA3 foot units?

Reason I ask - In my mission, I need one particular unit to say something via sideChat (in this case reporting he successfully delivered supplies to base).  I'd like to re-enable sideChat (along with possibly radio, etc) for this one guy.

Guys just a couple of questions for both faces of war/ IFA3/Ironfront.

Will British be getting anti air like bofors?

Is there plans for more terrains? I want to have more desert maps if possible?

Can more light tanks be added?

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, commando180 said:

Is there plans for more terrains? I want to have more desert maps if possible?

Check few pages back, they announced some of the planned maps including like 3 desert ones

1 hour ago, commando180 said:

Guys just a couple of questions for both faces of war/ IFA3/Ironfront.

Like @simcardo said, our next major update has been announced couple weeks ago, and for more information please read Red Devils and Desert Rats announcement.

Quick suggestions, if you will:

Would you make the Free French? It would add some stuff to use, especially in the upcoming North Africa where they were very active in certain places, French Morocco, etc.

Also, it says that after Desert Rats, you're doing the Ostfront, so would you consider using this guy's template as a map made official with his permission (if possible):

• Like 1

I'd also like to thank you guys, you have the honor of making possibly the most extensive WW2 mod in Arma 3, shared with FoW and possibly even CSA38. It's truly appreciated that you do this work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@madrussian did you give the units radios?

• Like 1

Quick question regarding IFA3 mortars:  How is the player suppose to load them?

Take the M2 60mm for example, which I place into the editor (simple test mission).  I walk up and it has several actions available: “Load”, “Prep 60mm HE rounds”, “Prep 60mm smoke rounds”, “Unload ammo from M2”, and then the usual get in and disassemble actions.  When I get in I see it has 2 mags of 8 rounds each.  Unloading via action functions as expected, unloading 1 magazine each time, to player’s inventory (which I checked and saw in there).  However, when I try to load it up again by first prepping ammo via either “Prep 60mm HE rounds” or “Prep 60mm smoke rounds” (to make that action turn from red to green) then do “Load” action, nothing seems to happen.  Plus if the mortar is empty, the load action gives a hint saying simply “No ammo prepared” or "No ammo", even though I’m holding the mortar rounds I unloaded moments before.

I was able to comprehend and operate the load/unload for assembled MGs successfully, so hopefully I’m just missing something simple?

(In my dynamic mission, mortars and MGs come in a supply drop, and must be assembled.  As the mortars start out empty upon assembly, I also put some mortar ammo in the supply drop crate for the player to load them with.)

Wiri6dg.jpg

Can some one please remind me where i can find  R75 

cheers

• Like 1

Yes that's the one 

thank you     k4ble    :thumb:

17 hours ago, k4ble said:

IFA3 liberation

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=950999958

this should be the one

You guys know that bike was created by a guy named Fudge who is listed in the credits on that page which i had asked Shvetz to add his name to the credits list for the sake of the bike.

The bike was created in arma2, i remember watching videos of it on Utes, it was still WIP then but, in 2013 Fudge joined my mod team IFR (Iron Front Revival)

Kju was working on the conversion then for IFA2 (Iron front in Arma2OA), and the team at the time was helping test and work on various aspects of the conversion.

Fudge in May 2013 was working on the bike, he had created camo varients of the bike, and doing various other things with it, i think by August he may of had working suspension.

His Bike was released with our mod pack we created, which we released right after the release of the conversion tool on January 5th, 2014 which btw was worked on by one of our guys.

You can see the page i created on the MR for our project back then http://www.missionrepository.com/iron-front-revival-mods

fun times, thanks to Kju, and our team we had a good well known bunch of modders on the crew then!

This avatar------> LOGO_copy.jpg that you see on IF Fan forums, that a bunch of us used was created by TayUK who is still running the forum as admin.

Thought i'd share a little history with you guys ;)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

We're getting closer to the day! The Alamo releases June 9th on the Steam Workshop.

be on the lookout!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1