.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

12 hours ago, in005 said:

Which map is this?

CUP - DESERT

8 hours ago, dmorok said:

CUP - DESERT

Thanks mate

Just in case anyone missed these must have for WW2 fans (besides Faces of War and CSA38):

and 

• Like 6

Thanks to the IFA3lite preview version 15 the problem with the overloaded German AT soldiers (with Panzerschrecks) got already solved. Thank you IFA3lite team for the quick response there!

According to the 24th December changelog there was an improvement with tank turret traverse speeds:

Improved: tanks turrets' horizontal speed now use their real life values.

I just happened to place a Panther tank in the in-game editor for testing some other stuff against an enemy tank and happened to notice when the Panther began traversing its turret towards the enemy tank that the horizontal traverse speed seemed to be a bit too slow for the tank.

Then I made a few tests and now conclude that the traverse speed is around 67 seconds for full 360 degrees (~5,373 degrees per second).

Another tank I tested through was the Tiger I model E and basically the Panther and Tiger share the same traverse speed. I did conduct the tests with manual timing method but still I was able to time them both to 1 minutes and 6 seconds + some one-hundredths (thus both times are equal to roughly 67 seconds).

We have the ausf. A model of the Panther in IFA3lite and it should have a traverse speed of 15 seconds for full 360 degrees (24 degrees per second) [according to tooooo many War Thunder and World of tanks forum topics and this: https://web.archive.org/web/20111219055125/http://afvdb.50megs.com/germany/pz5.html#AusfA ]

Did everything go ok with the changing to real life values or is there a particular reason why the Panther in the game has its current turret traverse speed?

3 hours ago, Asmodeuz said:

Thanks to the IFA3lite preview version 15 the problem with the overloaded German AT soldiers (with Panzerschrecks) got already solved. Thank you IFA3lite team for the quick response there!

According to the 24th December changelog there was an improvement with tank turret traverse speeds:

I just happened to place a Panther tank in the in-game editor for testing some other stuff against an enemy tank and happened to notice when the Panther began traversing its turret towards the enemy tank that the horizontal traverse speed seemed to be a bit too slow for the tank.

Then I made a few tests and now conclude that the traverse speed is around 67 seconds for full 360 degrees (~5,373 degrees per second).

Another tank I tested through was the Tiger I model E and basically the Panther and Tiger share the same traverse speed. I did conduct the tests with manual timing method but still I was able to time them both to 1 minutes and 6 seconds + some one-hundredths (thus both times are equal to roughly 67 seconds).

We have the ausf. A model of the Panther in IFA3lite and it should have a traverse speed of 15 seconds for full 360 degrees (24 degrees per second) [according to tooooo many War Thunder and World of tanks forum topics and this: https://web.archive.org/web/20111219055125/http://afvdb.50megs.com/germany/pz5.html#AusfA ]

Did everything go ok with the changing to real life values or is there a particular reason why the Panther in the game has its current turret traverse speed?

The traverse speeds for some tanks are not correct and Panther is one of them. I pointed this out during testing just before the latest patch was released.

I am sure this will be fixed before the next patch is released.

• Like 2

Hi, i just played your mod. Its awesome but i got some issues;
- All rockets from bazzoka and panzerschreck behave like guided after flying 200M.
- T-34 hulls bhave rather strange - sun light doesnt ligh the hull, only hatches and whole turret.
- LOD of many vehicles makes them look like burned.
- "Schurzen" are not detachable
- I'm not able to ram over static weapon to destroy them (like in iron front game)
- Sight for gunner on IS-2 is double displayed.
- PhysX on tanks behave very wrong - tanks are stopping very easy when driving downhill and meet flat ground, just like vanilla tanks, but vanilla can be stopped on much bigger angle between flat ground and hill slope.
- Tiger I suspension is not working.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rowdied said:

The traverse speeds for some tanks are not correct and Panther is one of them. I pointed this out during testing just before the latest patch was released.

I am sure this will be fixed before the next patch is released.

Glad to hear that everything's pretty much under control regarding that :)

We'll wait for the next patch and see what is up then and until then enjoy what there is already available. To the whole mod team: thank you for the continued support of Iron Front Arma 3 lite!

Hello, I usually don't do this sort of thing but I am running out of options. My friend and I own a server and try to play "IFA3-Lite" missions on it. Recently, we have been running into trouble with IFA3. For some reason, whenever we try to host an IFA3 mission or a mission that runs IFA3, our server can never load the missions because it says its missing assets from IFA3 even though IFA3 is loaded. This is the exact error it gives us, "mpmissions\....cut_mp chernarus_winter\mission.sqm/MissionEntities/Item2.type Vehicle class LIB_Maxim_M30_Trench no longer exists." I'm not much of a scripter or coder, but I know this is telling me IFA3 is missing, and the server can't spawn in the Maxim maching gun. However, IFA3 is installed and set to load on our server, so why does this error appear? I have done multiple experiments and have found that nothing else is the issue; the issue has to be IFA3 just not loading. I have talked to admins of other servers, I have talked to our server provider, and now I am talking to you. I am completely out of ideas to solve this problem, and I am hoping that you, the Iron Front community, might have an idea as to why IFA3 Lite does not load on our server. 

Thank you in advance!

@duderide

The class is defined in the WW2_Assets_c_Vehicles_StaticWeapons_c.pbo.

You can check the rpt log file what pbos actually get loaded on the server.

If its a Linux server, make sure all files are lowercase. We try to ensure this, yet a mistake may happen at times in the build process.

@Vasily.B

Thanks for reporting those issues at Steam and here. Even better would be in our issue tracker (phabricator) one by one though.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:24 AM, Vasily.B said:

Hi, i just played your mod. Its awesome but i got some issues;
-1.  All rockets from bazzoka and panzerschreck behave like guided after flying 200M.
-2.  T-34 hulls bhave rather strange - sun light doesnt ligh the hull, only hatches and whole turret.
-3.  LOD of many vehicles makes them look like burned.
-4.  "Schurzen" are not detachable
-5.  I'm not able to ram over static weapon to destroy them (like in iron front game)
-6. Sight for gunner on IS-2 is double displayed.
-7. PhysX on tanks behave very wrong - tanks are stopping very easy when driving downhill and meet flat ground, just like vanilla tanks, but vanilla can be stopped on much bigger angle between flat ground and hill slope.
-8. Tiger I suspension is not working.

Hey Vasily, thanks for the feed back.  I replied to your issues below.

1. I just tried in game both bazooka and panzershreck and they do not behave like they are guided. can you make a video of this?

2. there are some issues still with textures on tanks that will be fixed moving forward. the main idea is to get the tanks and vehicles working almost 100% before fixing the little things.

3. not sure what you mean by burned. can you take a few pics and upload to phab where KJU asked you to report them.

4. they will not be detachable...for now. the old Iron Front way of damage has been removed in the process to make the switch to A3 and RAM mod will be used instead. At some point the detachable parts will be added back through scripting, but again first things first is to get the vehicles and tanks running without issues.

5. see answer above

6. this needs to be fixed.

7. still working out the bugs with PhysX and the tanks.

8. looks to be working for me when I drive it in game. can you provide a sample or short video of this and upload to phab please.

thanks again!!

9 hours ago, duderide said:

... try to host an IFA3 mission or a mission that runs IFA3, our server can never load the missions because it says its missing assets from IFA3 even though IFA3 is loaded. This is the exact error it gives us, "mpmissions\....cut_mp chernarus_winter\mission.sqm/MissionEntities/Item2.type Vehicle class LIB_Maxim_M30_Trench no longer exists." I'm not much of a scripter or coder, but I know this is telling me IFA3 is missing, and the server can't spawn in the Maxim maching gun. However, IFA3 is installed and set to load on our server, so why does this error appear? I have done multiple experiments and have found that nothing else is the issue; the issue has to be IFA3 just not loading. I have talked to admins of other servers, I have talked to our server provider, and now I am talking to you. I am completely out of ideas to solve this problem, and I am hoping that you, the Iron Front community, might have an idea as to why IFA3 Lite does not load on our server. 

Thank you in advance!

Have you tried porting old Iron Front missions? If so you might encounter some errors converting .ifa to .pbo.

Also did you make this mission and than port it to the server?

Do other IFA3Lite missions work or do you get the same error for all missions? 

thanks

31 minutes ago, rowdied said:

Have you tried porting old Iron Front missions? If so you might encounter some errors converting .ifa to .pbo.

Also did you make this mission and than port it to the server?

Do other IFA3Lite missions work or do you get the same error for all missions? 

thanks

The mission we are trying to run is user created by me. However, I have tried to run ported IFA3 missions and Steam Workshop created missions with no luck; They all give the same dependency error. I even made a simple mission where I just placed a few IFA3 assets, and unfortunetly, got the same result. I should add that my friend and I are hosting these missions on a dedicated server from "GameServers.com." What's weird is the missions run fine when hosted locally, but when you host dedicated, you get dependency errors. Thanks for the early reply Rowdied.

7 hours ago, .kju said:

@duderide

The class is defined in the WW2_Assets_c_Vehicles_StaticWeapons_c.pbo.

You can check the rpt log file what pbos actually get loaded on the server.

If its a Linux server, make sure all files are lowercase. We try to ensure this, yet a mistake may happen at times in the build process.

@Vasily.B

Thanks for reporting those issues at Steam and here. Even better would be in our issue tracker (phabricator) one by one though.

Okay, I'll see if the issue is the captilization. We currently use "GameServers.com" to host our server but maybe the issue is the same. Thanks for the reply Kju. I really appreciate it man!

Well i have deleted the mod temponrary.
Problem with rockets is just like they ricochete somewhere in random directions, mostly in the air (upper left or right), and just fly away. And the LOD issue is visible at trgets arounds 300-400M (PZ IV)

35 minutes ago, El Tyranos said:

snip

Thanks for the patch!

Now we just need one to make CSA38 compatible and Arma 3 will become the best, most comprehensive WW2 FPS available.  

• Like 1

Preview v15 hotfix 1 is out

Updated link to mega and google in the first post.

Steam and withSIX are already updated.

Changes

• Added: FFV and windshield animation for Willys Jeep.
  • Updated: maxHorizontalRotSpeed to more realistic configuration thanks to Rowdy!
  • Fixed: shadow lod issue on german soldier_camo5.
  • Fixed: obsolete flags removed/trailing spaces in named property.
  • Fixed: invincible M3 Half Track gunner.
  • Fixed: faulty class= tag in the header (Structures/Buildings2_m/WW2_DLC1_Apteka_ruins.p3d).
  • Changed: duplicate p3d name to unique name (Structures/Trenches_m/WW2_StasoGrass.p3d to WW2_StasoGrass2.p3d).
  • Removed: obsolete faulty damageResistance value for Pz IV H.
  • Removed: obsolete damageResistance value.

Suggestions and issues please go here.

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

• Like 6

Always whenever I see a post made by .kju, my heart starts to beat faster. :hyper: Maybe today's hotfix which we got, is smaller gift than usually, but it crown their year-round hard work. We are approaching the end of the year, so let me just say: thank you very much! Thank you, that you are still with us, that WWII scene has the wonderful mod, that you are so involved and so creative at your work. I really hope that next year will bring even more positive emotions associated with IFA3, maybe… without the adjective “Lite” :wink_o:

• Like 4

Your are most welcome vintorez :don13:

The bigger stuff still needs more time in our team member's workshop .. yet January will see a big update again. :dummy:

• Like 6

@pioneer thanks for sharing)

were you part of UTG community during A1/A2 days? if so, do they still exist?

also what about A3 version of Dynamic Shouts mod?))

It has long been in the team SARMAT. In UTG I wasn't. Now the administrator of WOG games and admin of the site ifa3.ru. Set up ACE3 for WOG games. Work as a team with Shvetz and Jegor

Dynamic shouts work in A3 as in A2 unchanged. But in multiplayer, the mod has not been tested.

• Like 1

@pioneer ty)

Gunter tried it yesterday and the problem with IFA3 is that US is on Resistance/GUER side and thus (Arabic) voices don't fit.

He mentioned also occasional broken/distorted sound (bzzzz)

On 28. 12. 2016 at 11:30 PM, suds420 said:

Thanks for the patch!

Now we just need one to make CSA38 compatible and Arma 3 will become the best, most comprehensive WW2 FPS available.  

From 1.1.2017 its steam version CSA38 compatibile with IFA3 :D CSA38 mausers use ammo from IFA3 and FOW mausers, MP38 from CSA38 use magazine MP40 from IFA3 and FOW, MG34 from CSA38 use magazine MG42 from IFA3 and FOW :D 

• Like 7