.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

OK to explain the SMG issue and why it only happens with iron front ones.

We have an open bolt 'simulation' script. For those who don't understand firearm terminology - an open bolt firearm, to put it simply (so those who know better, please don't eat me alive), is when a round is only chambered after the trigger is pulled. most machineguns and smgs are open bolt.

This means there's a very slight delay between pulling the trigger (clicking your mouse) and the gun firing, it's in the fractions of a second, something like 0.05-0.08 seconds, this allows us to also play a sound of the bolt 'closing' and chambering the round prior to firing.

now this is all well and good but when the scheduler is overloaded a delay of 0.05 can increase dramatically, which would be the issue being posted. The script is fairly simple so it really shouldn't be getting delayed so much but apparently is.

So for a solution:

I just finished rewriting the script to run in an unscheduled environment so these delays should be dead and buried with the next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Hey everybody,

sound work goes on as always, re-did grenade explosion sounds, completely overhauled the JU-87 siren (including seperate flyby sounds) and I'm currently adding more sound variations to planes.

The JU-87 siren will be showcased in another video, but meanwhile... 🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, laxemann said:

Hey everybody,

sound work goes on as always, re-did grenade explosion sounds, completely overhauled the JU-87 siren (including seperate flyby sounds) and I'm currently adding more sound variations to planes.

As always.....absolute gold !! 👍

• Thanks 1

unknown.png

Download
WW2 Wiki: Download

Changelog
WW2 Wiki: IFA3 Changelog

A bigger maintenance update to address a various issues of assets and features, as well as some gameplay tweaks along some further overall polish.

Big thanks to Kerc, Roman and LAxemann, as well as the rest of the team, for their tireless efforts and long-standing dedication!

### Highlights ###

Features

• Enhanced accuracy for the towed guns yaw/bank/pitch relative to the ground (due to new perFrame based towing system). Further improvements are in progress
  • Bolt action rifles now eject cartridges when their action is worked. The same system is used for the M1 Garand clip ejection when the last round is fired
  • AI get increased aimSpeed to bring them in line with players when using a vehicle turret as they were painfully slow with slow WW2 turrets
  • Custom WaitUntilandExecute function - defaults to CBA version if available.
  • Static weapon AI will turn searchlights on if its night time
  • C47 and JU52s cargo lights should look and perform better now (due to the use of the new compartmentsLights system rather than the old scripted solution)

unknown.png

Gameplay

• Fixed HitPoints LOD of infantry models. This resolves some issues where hitpoints will desync from their fire geometry when using another mods unit and applying a IFA3 uniform
  • Rifle ammunition has been adjusted and damage increased slightly. New ammo types are now available

Assets

• Webley No.4 Mk I Flare pistol
  • Working version of searchlight with new A3 tech light volume
  • Pistols now have better reload animations

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lossy-page1-800px-Drop_Your_Ideas_in_the

** Make your voice count **:

Drop your biggest annoyance, or your yearning toy, or your brilliant idea into the Suggestion Box today!
Don't miss out voting on already listed items to help prioritize the war effort soldier.  :idea: 

PS: You can use your discord/twitch/github account.

800px-%22Here_Lies_a_Good_Idea._Don%27t_

To report issues please head this way: 
WW2 Wiki: Issue reporting

For more official WIP media and excellent fan made media, or to have a nice chat or to get assistance, make sure join our discord server.

Enjoy!

unknown.png

r7YAsxm.jpg

wIvGP1T.jpg

3QOgtHC.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

To finish the full version release in the coming months, we are looking for several motivated and dedicated people!

• Guide writer to assist with ingame documentation of features and game modes
  • Video producer to make short introductions of assets, terrains, features, game modes
  • Interface designer for custom game modes and server browser
  • Mission maker to polish the campaign presentation
  • Porting third party game modes to IFA3 and WW2 terrains
  • Terrain designer to polish last details of new terrains (small scale object placement, tweaking of various aspects of terrains)
  • Sqf coder to help polish features' usability and realize a custom object/vehicle interaction system
  • Model artist to assist with custom objects and buildings (modifications, replacements, new)
  • Organizer for the beta test (to manage invites, coordination individuals and teams)
  • Community manager to interact with fans and publish media in various places
  • Experienced Arma server admin to manage multiple servers, RCon and setup script filters/custom anti cheat
  • Coders/Programmer into automation

Or reach out to us if you think you can help us by other means!

Please contact me, kju, via PM, discord or steam.

107410_20190812183328_1.png

screenshot031.png

PZ3a.jpg

unknown.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, .kju said:

full version release

Am I right in thinking this is in relation to hi-res textures or is this a final big update?

Yes HQ textures, IF campaigns, among various other things

• Like 7

2 hours ago, .kju said:

Да HQ текстуры, IF кампании, среди прочего

Will the full version be paid?

@sonukraine 

Campaigns have to be paid as per agreement with AWAR from the start - we always stated this openly and clearly.

The HQ textures will be free for everyone though.

@froggyluv

Don't remember what you refer to sorry. Please follow: http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=Issue_Reporting or link me to an existing report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, .kju said:

@sonukraine 

Campaigns have to be paid as per agreement with AWAR from the start - we always stated this openly and clearly.

@froggyluv

Don't remember what you refer to sorry. Please follow: http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=Issue_Reporting or link me to an existing report.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/190809-iron-front-in-arm3-lite-preview-versions/?do=findComment&comment=3348572

23 hours ago, .kju said:

Or reach out to us if you think you can help us by other means!

In a way i been helping the community out and IFA3 team indirectly i suppose by maintaining a collection of all the

Singleplayer and Multiplayer missions that have and are being released on steam workshop as you know Kju.

I wish i could actually do this better, tbh steam workshop collections isn't all that great it could be setup alot better, for WW2 mods like i did was one thing,

but missions are a whole nother subject and needs a better form of presentation then the collections.

As much as i like to collect and compile, i prefer such collections to be organized in such a way that would aid people in finding missions, of interest, to get as much info as they

can about the mission without cluttering up the page, but then too have it more specific so that your not endlessly scrolling only to click on something that

catches your eye, pics and titles can be deceiving.

An idea i had come up with to at least supplement the collections i have, is to have a thread like my WW2 compilations thread (linked in my sig btw) is to have all the missions sorted

based on their context if that makes sense for example,  infantry missions, tanks, vehicles, flying,  it would in some respects sort the collections out to a degree, and narrow down the search.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/5/2019 at 10:11 PM, laxemann said:

Hey everybody,

That´ll put the fear of god into anyone old enough being able to differentiate this from white noise.

Gladly (for them), my neighbours are´nt that old! 😮

• Like 2

@TheCr8rMaker in the coming months

@froggyluv seems we missed that. forwarded again

best is to report in our issue tracker to avoid things getting lost: http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=Issue_Reporting

@Gunter Severloh did you consider an online sheet yet? like the columns could be use to showcase different type of info in standardize format (means more effort)

personally my experience with missions the most important things:

1. if it gets updated over time

2. to use only few mods

3. people's feedback/comments

@.kju Much like visiting the doctor -the German AT Grenadiers successfully killed a Tank when given an ambush position off the side of a forested road - in short, they worked 🙂

Ill test them further but that was pretty cool.  They still die a bit getting too close maybe a handleDamage (reduction) bump if hit by their own weapon

• Thanks 1

Well done, very nice update.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, .kju said:
  • AI get increased aimSpeed to bring them in line with players when using a vehicle turret as they were painfully slow with slow WW2 turrets

^ This one in particular much needed / appreciated. :yay:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2019 at 12:21 PM, .kju said:

did you consider an online sheet yet? like the columns could be use to showcase different type of info in standardize format (means more effort)

personally my experience with missions the most important things:

1. if it gets updated over time

2. to use only few mods

3. people's feedback/comments 

In general missions like anything i compile are just a subject of my interest mainly the goal was always to help better organize and speed up the community's

ability to find something in a subject.

So my main focus when it comes to compiling is about the search and how its sorted, not so much the details of whats being listed which is important no doubt,

but the very process of providing that information imo and experience is it should be tiered apon itself, and revealed to the would be searcher/user in such a way that the information is

expansive, yet contained, and provides everything needed without scrolling a mile.

I actually hate tier tree based nucleus, basically the root in the middle and everything branching off of it, i find those to be a

pointless cluster f*ck, its no better then Armaholic's tag system for locating missions or mods, theres nothing alphabetical, or forward you

got random words in every direction, and the worst of all it costs you ALOT of time to locate something.

No pun intended Foxhound and crew 😉 I love the site regardless just not that system.

On another note i have looked at numerous websites, sheet type layouts,  menus, wikis and the like, but the method i use currently in my lists i like to use

because its quick, fluid, and specific, although the forum here has limitations i've made the lists work for what they were intended for, trying to expand

them into more functionality as in what you suggested like with sheets is something i've yet to discover, and utilize.

i like to follow whats called attributes of efficiency which includes speed, time, and distance, so the layout, the structure not only has

to be quick to search through, it has to be simple, obvious, standout, grab a person's attention in terms of what they are looking for,

with little to if any scrolling.    The idea behind the scrolling aspect is based on the person's focus cone :icon1:for example if i type a long sentence here to the end of the box in the post, they most likely will have to move their eyes and or head further to the right and it ends up costing the reader time to reacquire and absorb the information so its slower, and not efficient it forces you to move.

If you keep everything in their vision field within, mouse reach, then their search time is reduced, more efficient and more information is acquired why is that important?

Because you need info and answers!    Structure and function imo is what its all about, once you have that then you can take any info sort it and provide all the info necessary.

Hope that wasn't to offtopic. 🙂

On 9/13/2019 at 12:53 AM, .kju said:

@sonukraine 

@froggyluv

Hey .Kju , when you mean "Campaigns have to be paid etc...", you mean we gotta have Iron Front original game owned in our STEAM library or do we´ll have IFA3 as paid dlc in the future? Either way I´m anxious to play the SP campaign (tried the old IF but the ArmA2 engine and bugged mouse accelation just gave me wrist ache and I´ve given up... I´m sure ArmA3 version will be Wundabar 😃

Sorry if it is repetitive but it´s better to be clearer to all comunity how it will work out

Cheers!