.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Wow, stunning and impressive update!

On 5/23/2019 at 3:05 PM, .kju said:
  • Fixed bad AI tank movement thanks to Stardust and Gunter Severloh! (due to faulty component inheritance definition for tanks)

^ Yes that one was a real ball-breaker.  Many thanks for this fix!

On 5/23/2019 at 3:05 PM, .kju said:
  • AI will now dismount from static weapons if they detect enemy infantry within short range of them, so they actually defend themselves
  • Custom waypoint AmphibiousAssault - makes the AI head towards land at full speed and deploys infantry. Speed boost can be disabled with vehicle setvariable ["LIB_EnableAISpeedBoost",false]  ~Keep the AI driver in its own group from the landing team, similarly boats in their own individual groups.

Nice game-changers here, can't wait to try these out!  AmphibiousAssault WP should save folks huge time in the editor.  Well done indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In response to the recent GM DLC, have you guys considered making a Divided Berlin with the 1945 map you have at present, something like the Sahrani/United Sahrani maps did? It'd make for some nice Cold War style espionage, secret police and uprising actions.

• Like 1

Not only that but the revolt of '53, Stasi assassinations, and WiC style invasions.

promo.png

WW2 Open Games 75th D-Day anniversary special event !

What does it look like? We try to combine the fun of gaming with the realism of intense warfare into short tactical missions. You will fight in a small area so you don't run all evening long and never completely lose contact with friendlies or get flanked 2km away. Combats are more intense due to higher player density and missions become shorter. To reduce the pace and not to compromise complexity, many things will slow you down: minimal UI, no respawn, no aimzoom, small number of maps/radios and combined operations tactics.

Date: June 6 - 9 PM CEST
Missions: 5 x 35 minutes each

• Pegasus Bridge:  Major Howard mens are assigned to capture, with 3 Horsa gliders, a strategic bridge over Orne river: Pegasus Bridge. Defended by a single group, it should be an easy assault. But take care, German reinforcements are nearby.
  • Merville Franceville Battery assault: British paratroopers are giving an glider assault on the German artillery battery of Merville Franceville. Getting inside won't be an easy task.
  • Sainte mère église:  101st Airborne troops are dropped in the dark over Cotentin. They must accomplish various objectives and struggle to find their buddies, lost in the dark, while Germans are trying to reorganize on strategic points.
  • Brecourt:  Easy Company 506PIR 101 Airborne must destroy an artillery battery.
  • Bloody Gulch:  German 6 FJR must counter attack the town of Carentan by the strategic position of Hill 30.

Registration is mandatory: <https://framadate.org/zY1OF3aSwgyxR5yt>

Additional information

Training jump and glider pilot session will take place Tuesday 4 at 8 PM CEST
To get more information: <https://discord.gg/Z6wsUU4> OR http://wiki.battlegroup21.com/WW2OG

Briefings for June 6
EnEVGeR.jpg

• Like 3

yZFKBQI.png
by Jaki

Download
WW2 Wiki: Download

Changelog
WW2 Wiki: IFA3 Changelog
WW2 Wiki: I44 Changelog

Another smaller maintenance update to fix a few annoying issues and adding some overall polish.

01VhWjK.png
by Jaki

### Highlights ###

Features

• AI Paratroopers won't try to reboard the plane after jumping out of it - this time for real.

qHVkUyh.png
by Jaki

Assets

• BM-37 will not capsize anymore thanks to reyhard!
  • Updated Driver Less Vehicles definitions to contain new vehicles from recent updates.

eWhoj2v.png
by Jaki

Editor

• Custom waypoint Static Line Paradrop - AI will fly towards waypoint position and any units in cargo will jump out of a perfectly good airplane with static line parachutes. Parachute backpacks are not required, the parachute spawns independent of it.
    ~ Keep the Pilot/s in their own group from the paratroopers. Multiple planes can be in the same group but it's better if you don't do that. Similarly put a move waypoint in the same direction as the paradrop waypoint if you want them to keep flying straight

xLH86wS.jpg
by Jaki

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lossy-page1-800px-Drop_Your_Ideas_in_the

** NEW - NEW - NEW **:

Drop your biggest annoyance, or your yearning toy, or your brilliant idea into the Suggestion Box today!

Don't miss out voting on already listed items to help prioritize the war effort soldier. 🙏

PS: You can use your discord/twitch/github account.

800px-%22Here_Lies_a_Good_Idea._Don%27t_

To report issues please head this way: 
WW2 Wiki: Issue reporting

Wanna have a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JyyD4uP.jpg
by Jaki

For more official WIP media and excellent fan made media make sure follow our discord server.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

This is a question that I don't questioning anyone yet but here it is now.
Turning speed of every static weapon or vehicle turret are very slowly. Stupid slowly. Does anyone has this experience before?

Quick question for anyone who might know (inc IFA3 team, those who have created mods for IFA3, etc).

I have created two small mods for IFA3 to accompany release of my upcoming dynamic mission (which allows faction selections and is quite geared for WW2).  (Both mods will be optional.)  I'm got my mods uploaded to Steam (privately so far) but ran into a conundrum trying to set up Required Items.  Here's the issue:

One of my mods requires this addon:

Spoiler

"WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Core_c"

And my other mod requires these addons:

Spoiler

"WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Americans_c", "WW2_Assets_c_Characters_British_c", "WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Civilians_c", "WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Germans_c", "WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Polish_c", "WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Soviets_c", and "WW2_Assets_c_Characters_Winter_c"

If I'm not mistaken, all of these addons are present in both IFA3_LITE and IFA3_AIO_LITE.  (Seem to have confirmed this real quick by verifying my mods working ingame with either loaded...)

So in cases like this, which should we use as Required Items (on Steam)?  IFA3_LITE or IFA3_AIO_LITE, or both, or neither?

If we choose one but not the other, seems our mod will only be allowed when one is in use and not the other (which is not ideal).  If we choose both, then seems our mod would never be allowed, as people will either be running IFA3_LITE or IFA3_AIO_LITE (and never both at the same time).  If we choose none... not sure what would happen.  Anyhow curious about how you guys do this, thanks!

@madrussian only IFA3_AIO_LITE - people are not using the AIO version, can still do the override in the A3 launcher and play with IFA3 LITE

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jono the Cutest said:

This is a question that I don't questioning anyone yet but here it is now.
Turning speed of every static weapon or vehicle turret are very slowly. Stupid slowly. Does anyone has this experience before?

Statics might need to be checked but tank turrets are accurate to the actual rotation speed.  I highly suggest binding/using keyboard keys for rotation it feels a lot less sluggish when you're not dragging your mouse out the door

4 hours ago, Kerc Kasha said:

Statics might need to be checked but tank turrets are accurate to the actual rotation speed.  I highly suggest binding/using keyboard keys for rotation it feels a lot less sluggish when you're not dragging your mouse out the door

I'll give some example from my streaming. What I had found in my streaming was my player can rotated statics and vehicle turret as fast as accurate speed but the AI and ZEUS AI controlling were not. Check the video below and go to

- 01:00:56 | I had spawned Sd.Kfz. 7/1 to hold hold players at the bridge. AI saw them all and AI tried to rotated the turret attempted to shoot players but because of rotate speed was stupid slowly.

- 01:05:15 | This time with StuG. Yes, StuG has some space to move its turret but in the video I was moved my StuG to aim at player mostly instead of moved gun a little with that angle.

- 01:19:12 | Spawned 3 Panzer IV and 1 Tiger. I was removed AI Crews of Tiger and control it by myself. And Panzer IV didn't or tried to rotated but never able to shoot its enemy (players) as it should.

- 01:19:45 | If you stare at Panzer IV gun, you can see that AI was try to rotate its barrel to player with very very slow speed.

- 01:43:40 | I was about to control Pak 43 AT gun by myself and as you can see when I exit from Zeus, my camera look like stuck with something so I have to teleport myself into AT gun via teleport script from ACE.

And as always. My English may not be good or perfect.

-----Edit----

I found solution somehow.

If you watch my video and if you saw when I adjust AI skill, the "Aiming speed" was at 0.2 or lowest setting. Today, I tried adjust AI aiming speed skill from 0.2 to 0.5 and 1 or half to max, they rotate statics and vehicle turret as fine as it should be. Is this new and normal function/script of AI or what?

and 

• Thanks 1

@Jono the Cutest

AFAIK we didn't adjust or change anything in this regard

are you asking if we did, or if BI did?

5 hours ago, .kju said:

AFAIK we didn't adjust or change anything in this regard

are you asking if we did, or if BI did?

Both. But I can play normally now if I adjust AI aiming speed skill to 1.0.

@Jono the Cutest 

thanks for bringing this to our attention!

it seems like an "engine problem" this only becomes obvious with the slow turret turn rates with WW2 vehicles

we will look into a scripted solution for IFA3

9 hours ago, .kju said:

thanks for bringing this to our attention!

it seems like an "engine problem" this only becomes obvious with the slow turret turn rates with WW2 vehicles

we will look into a scripted solution for IFA3

Roger that sir. Have a great day and great life.

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone!

As some of you may remember I made a two IFA3/WW2 themed missions a couple years ago that were, for a good while, pretty broken. I have recently updated these missions and fixed a ton of issues with them as well as added in some more details to some sections of the game. On top of this I added in some of the newer vehicles and such from the latest updates of IFA3! As far as I'm aware these missions now work properly and run fairly smooth, but I would love some feed back or light to be shed upon any issues I missed. I hope you guys give em a shot if you haven't already. Thanks!

"Hedge Rows & Krauts"
Semi linear, you play as 101st Airborne 2 weeks after D-Day assaulting a town and taking out mortar crews. (COOP1-5)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=947059715

"The Corridor of Death"
Linear, you play as a scout of the Royal Winnipeg Rifles during the battle of the Falaise Pocket, you're sent on a simple mission that goes very wrong. (Singleplayer)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960568089

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not strictly on topic but out of curiosity I was wondering if any of you actually went for the anniversary around the same time I did? I flew out of the west coast and stayed in Caen from June 5-12, managed to see all the beaches and 6th AB sector.

• Like 1

Wanted to bring a serious issue I'm experiencing to your attention.  When playing my dynamic mission with IFA3 factions selected (with only IFA3 loaded), I've been plagued with 0xC0000005 STATUS ACCESS VIOLATION (which crashes the game on the server) for a few weeks now.  I have this issue on all my PCs (my 3 PCs + my dad's PC), so it's not PC/installation specific.  Today, I finally pinned down the source of the problem!

When "LIB_US_M3_Halftrack" is among the vehicles the enemy has access to, the game will virtually always crash (~85% of the time) at one point or another during the playthrough.  When this vehicle type is NOT present, the game won't crash and mission will run to completion.

Here'e the interesting bit.  If I use "LIB_US_M3_Halftrack_w" (the winter version) instead of "LIB_US_M3_Halftrack", the game will not crash.  Curious why the crash (and what's different about these two vehicle types, other than the texture)?

Btw - I've got the crash files (rpt, bidmp, & mdmp) for my most recent 3 crashes, if you guys want to see em.

• Like 1

Hello guys, do you plan on reworking the armor of the tanks?

I just ran a test:

M1A1 Bazooka vs Tiger 1

2 DH on front and the Tiger is out.

10 DH on rear and the Tiger is still ok/ SMoke is coming out of it but it 's not totally disabled.

3 hours ago, Wiki said:

Hello guys, do you plan on reworking the armor of the tanks?

I just ran a test:

M1A1 Bazooka vs Tiger 1

2 DH on front and the Tiger is out.

10 DH on rear and the Tiger is still ok/ SMoke is coming out of it but it 's not totally disabled.

I've been playing the Silent Unseen Pilgrimage port and the Tiger 1 tanks are giving me fits. Very few weapons seem to be able to take them out even at point blank range. I used a captured German AT gun and fired over 20 rounds into the rear of a stuck Tiger 1 at roughly 75 meters range before the crew finally bailed and then the tank exploded. Encounters with King Tigers haven't went any better and even though I've tried sneaking up on them and planting mines under the tracks and firing multiple rounds at the rear with a panzerfaust, I've never been able to survive long enough to eventually take one out. I'm persistent though and if there's a portable weapon available that will knock out a KT, I will find it and destroy one.

Quick question about the Static Line Paradrop-Waypoint. When I play as group leader of the group that is about to paradrop only myself is ejected out of the plane at the waypoint, if I play as any other soldier in the group everyone disembarks properly.

Is there something the group leader must do in order to get the others to disembark? I'm meaning to use this in a MP-scenario for my group later and I'm curious how this will work in MP.

33 minutes ago, mcnools said:

Quick question about the Static Line Paradrop-Waypoint. When I play as group leader of the group that is about to paradrop only myself is ejected out of the plane at the waypoint, if I play as any other soldier in the group everyone disembarks properly.

Is there something the group leader must do in order to get the others to disembark? I'm meaning to use this in a MP-scenario for my group later and I'm curious how this will work in MP.

If you're planning on using it for players it should work fine, but it's usually intended for players to choose to jump out themselves. To get it to work with AI you'll have to make sure they're in 'cargo' rather than the 'standing up' position, just a little quirk with how the AI works when under a players command, which doesn't happen when the leader is AI.

I've put a fix in for the next version