.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Kju how goes the research into why the AI are driving tanks at full speed, any ideas yet?

i was thinking, and im sure you guys do but do you guys have the previous version of the mod?

I know that in the previous version not the latest hotfix that the tanks were driving normal, so something in the update changed the AI's behavior, i recall this as i built a mission

that i released and it was playing how i wanted, after the update, the AI response changed, the tanks came sooner and kinda of ruined the atmosphere that worked previously.

I was thinking if i may do some testing for you with the previous version, if there was a way to list what files (not new additions) but what files in IFA3_AIO_Lite that were updated.

I like to compare notes with the previous working version with the new version, of the files, while using the changelog as a reference.

My idea and i've done this in my WarMod series for locating bugs, or conflicts was to basically do a process of elimination where you take the previous version while

using the changelog (v34 - 2019-03-31) and basically apply 1 file based on what was done to the old version in terms of updating that file to the current version, then test and see

if it did something to the tanks in terms of the AI driving them fast.

Is this possible?

Or have you guys done this?

As theres something in that massive list of changes and fixes that made the AI tank drivers now drive the tanks at full speed and then also make

them drive in circles, like these guys had 2 cups more of coffee then they should, lol

What does this mean or fix do btw?

Fixed: standardized terrainCoef across all vehicles.

• Like 1

planes taxiing/taking off bounce on their suspension and explode. tested on staszow and baranow.

many vehicles swerve wildly when driving on a road, specifically the willy's jeep.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:36 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Kju how goes the research into why the AI are driving tanks at full speed, any ideas yet?

i was thinking, and im sure you guys do but do you guys have the previous version of the mod?

I know that in the previous version not the latest hotfix that the tanks were driving normal, so something in the update changed the AI's behavior, i recall this as i built a mission

that i released and it was playing how i wanted, after the update, the AI response changed, the tanks came sooner and kinda of ruined the atmosphere that worked previously.

I was thinking if i may do some testing for you with the previous version, if there was a way to list what files (not new additions) but what files in IFA3_AIO_Lite that were updated.

I like to compare notes with the previous working version with the new version, of the files, while using the changelog as a reference.

My idea and i've done this in my WarMod series for locating bugs, or conflicts was to basically do a process of elimination where you take the previous version while

using the changelog (v34 - 2019-03-31) and basically apply 1 file based on what was done to the old version in terms of updating that file to the current version, then test and see

if it did something to the tanks in terms of the AI driving them fast.

Is this possible?

Or have you guys done this?

As theres something in that massive list of changes and fixes that made the AI tank drivers now drive the tanks at full speed and then also make

them drive in circles, like these guys had 2 cups more of coffee then they should, lol

What does this mean or fix do btw?

Fixed: standardized terrainCoef across all vehicles.

we believe the tank driving issue has been fixed, 99% sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kerc Kasha said:

we believe the tank driving issue has been fixed, 99% sure.

Good to know, so what did you determine or are determining is the cause?

as i know for sure it was something in update 35 that they started driving fast and acting weird, driving in circles and such.

BI exposed some of the AI driving configuration to vehicle configs, we (accidentally) broke inheritance to these classes and it was making the AI behave weirdly

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kerc Kasha said:

inheritance to these classes

So now that you know this, have you made a fixed version and tested it to see if the AI tankers are responding normally?

If so when can we expect to see an update for it? a small hotfix maybe when you guys are ready and satisfied.

@.kju Hi, just downloaded the mod, looks great!

once question though, why does the camera shake when firing MG from airplane?

thx!

• Thanks 1

@gc8 thank you 🙏

The cam shake is to simulate the force from firing the guns

• Like 1

@.kju Ok thanks, makes sense.

I guess no other side than the allied has or will have boats/landing crafts? At least I didn't yet find them

Not .. yet 🤐

• Like 1

Is there also going to be artillery for the allied side?

Has anyone been able to take off with the fighter planes from the jets carrier? If I use the catapult the plane explodes and runway it self does not allow the plane to accelerate

@gc8 probably as we couldnt get planeX working yet. so you have to script them into their air yourself

• Thanks 1

I keep getting injured when landing the green parachutes, it goes much quicker than the white ones which don't give damage when landing. Should I be doing anything other than pulling back to try and slow it down like steerable chutes?

IIRC they simply have too high a rate of descent. Assume it's config related, little you can do.

Someone got the "Rupert" chutes mixed up with the real ones. 🙂 

Ah ok lol as long as it's not just me...thanks.

Love it, really pleased to see the Churchill make it to ArmA3! Would you consider removing the "Old British"  lettering from the sides? It looks a bit odd if you have several Churchills in action and they all have the same call-sign down the side, think they'd look a bit more generic without.

Thanks for the continued support!😀

• Like 2

As you think why not add a static 17 pound gun as an anti-tank gun? It would be a great addition for the British army!😁

• Like 3

IFA3 Preview v36 is out

0dUfb4j.jpg
by Jaki

Download
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Download

Changelog
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog:_Preview_v36_-_2019-05-22
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=I44_Changelog#Preview_v36_-_2019-05-22

While originally planned as a small maintenance update to fix critical bug issues, timing with the release of version 1.92 for Arma 3

meant that features that were intended for later releases could be pushed immediately. On top of scripted features, further content

has been added with the poster child being the venerable Churchill Heavy Infantry tank, which appears in 4 different variants.

### Highlights ###

Features

• AltReloads for bolt action rifles (reloading animation depends on the number of bullets still in the magazine)
    ~Notably this allows for faster reloading for the enfield rifles, where 5-6 rounds left in the magazine allows for a 'quick' top up reload from a single stripper clip!
  • PanzerFausts are now disposable and must be prepared by pressing reload button thanks to reyhard!

• Destroyed tanks will not turn into wreck models anymore but stay in their actual combat state (turret orientation, gun elevation, dead crew, skin and other customization)
  • Added EDEN attribute to compatible tanks and SdKfz 234 Puma allowing to turn them into turret less wrecks (set to 0 health to prevent mission start explosion)

• Fixed Pak40 and StuG sights limits, no longer will the optic 'break' if you hit the extreme limits.
  • Fixed Zis3 gun zeroing actually works again
  • Fixed Static AT guns were getting vanilla A3 zeroing ontop of the scripted solution causing a conflict
  • Corrected broken sight and brake animations on StuG III, Pak 40 and Zis-3 gun
  • StugIII, Pak40 and Zis3 gun sights didn't work in MP. This is a band-aid fix and the sights lose a bit of their fine aim tuning (in multiplayer only) but will hopefully be improved with back-end Arma engine changes

• Greatly improved bayonet hit detection, thanks to Roman! Previously some 'hits' would skim by the target dealing no damage, their path has been corrected and will now hit as intended
  • Bayonet 'start' point has been adjusted backwards to allow for more reliable hits when extremely close to the target (when your rifle has a chance to 'clip' through the target)
  • Fixed bayonet hit detection while on sloped terrain

20190522183249_1.jpg
by Dragonfly Gaming

Gameplay

• Recoil for all SMGs has been tweaked to make them easier to control with a reduction on horizontal recoil and a slight tweak to vertical recoil. 
    ~This should make it easier to engage with SMGs at longer ranges with practice
  • New recoil for 1928/A1 Thompson as those are fitted with a compensator
  • Fixed FG42 accuracy was inverted (full auto is open bolt and should be less accurate than semi, which is closed)
  • Historically accurate sights for Shermans and Stuart tanks thanks to petrtlach from CSA38!

AI

• AI will now dismount from static weapons if they detect enemy infantry within short range of them, so they actually defend themselves
  • Fixed bad AI tank movement thanks to Stardust and Gunter Severloh! (due to faulty component inheritance definition for tanks)

Animations

• New bolt action anims thanks to GSTAVO!

unknown.png
by El Tyranos

Assets

• German watch and compass items (original angular mils and a new degrees variant) , can be used instead of the default A3 ones
  • Three new Willys Jeep variants (Hooded, mounted M1919A4 light machine gun, Medical)
  • Churchill Mk. VII thanks to GuyThomas from I44 Team!
  • Three new Churchill Mk. VII variants (AVRE, Crocodile, 95mm Howitzer) and Winter version

tslhFpf.png
by Jaki

Editor

• Custom waypoint AmphibiousAssault - makes the AI head towards land at full speed and deploys infantry. Speed boost can be disabled with vehicle setvariable ["LIB_EnableAISpeedBoost",false]
    ~Keep the AI driver in its own group from the landing team, similarly boats in their own individual groups.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For suggestions and issues please check out:
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=Issue_Reporting

Wanna have a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3ZJomH6.png
by Jaki

20190522185932_1.jpg
by Dragonfly Gaming

For more official WIP media and excellent fan made media make sure follow our discord server.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 10

Yet another fabulous update from you guys. How lucky are we WW II fans?

• Like 1

Nice work fellas!

And i got home just in time from a trip to see this, thanks for the fixes, especially with the tank issue, that was driving me up the wall,

now i can play a game with IFA3 without the AI acting like they drank a pot of coffee instead of a cup, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1