.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

it's the showcases.

Run the mod, go to the "showcase" menu:

3 missions:

- US paratrooper in Normandy

- German tank crew in eastern Europe

- D-Day as US engineer (not working ATM)

@lexx if you mean the test mission, in that said thread

I meant the showcase missions. Never even knew there are any. Also I'm always confused if I should download IFA3_LITE or IFA3_AIO_LITE. On the workshop, the AIO page says explicit that there are no sp missions and the non-AIO page says barely anything.

I'm downloading it again right now and then see what's happening.

/edit: The Airdrop scenario still has a cba dependency.

@lexx CBA dep has been fixed

10 hours ago, lexx said:

Also I'm always confused if I should download IFA3_LITE or IFA3_AIO_LITE.

lexx, all you need is IFA3_AIO_Lite

the AIO means ALL in One, basically has everything in it.

10 hours ago, lexx said:

the AIO page says explicit that there are no sp missions

thats because there isn't, its specifically the mod, if you want missions:

SP Missions: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934502154

MP Missions: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934504856

IFA3 Mods: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934510504

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Red Devils & Desert Rats Update - Devblog #4: New Vehicles

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Outstanding. I was amazed that you've managed to model the inside of the Crusader.

Fingers crossed that you'll one day find the time to extend this level of detail to the other tanks.

I also really liked your implementation of dust clouds behind vehicles driving off-road.

Incidentally, is the size of the dust cloud proportional to vehicle size and speed?

Although I can't wait, take your time squashing those pesky bugs.

• Thanks 1

@.kju - I'm also amazed by what you and your team have achieved with the IF conversion since way back in those early days many moons ago.

This mod makes it so tempting to dip my toe back into the ArmAverse.

Keep up your fantastic work,

norrin  🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wow @norrin  been since 2014 since i last chatted with you, last we were working together as you mentioned was for the IFA2 project.

Our former team IFR (Iron Front Revival) http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/want-to-join-ifr-6254794?pid=1277281721

15 hours ago, norrin said:

Dude you got to, IFA3 mod and team are Awesome im a big fan and supporter of their work since the beginning, and i still play Iron front and IFA2!

Theres so much content its ridiculous, as well as missions to play. Good to see you around the forums again!

• Like 1

Yes with the brits coming another tick has been crossed on my "wants" (except for planes of the RAF 😅😥) just need to add something like an M10 Wolverine, static 40mm Bofors, and M2 105mm artillery for the US and I'm happy! I don't mind even if it comes in as the M7 Preist like the Wespe did! can't wait for what surprises you Devs throw in our direction! I mean; Actual Bayonets that Actually STAB PEOPLE!!! WOOAAH~! didn't see that bus coming but I like what I see! 

a8094b15bd3690bfd0b7d413758e2e69.jpg

• Like 9

@Yurichenk you wont make friends with such distasteful images

• Haha 2

@.kju Seriously, it's a joke, no offense please. I just want to say that right now everyone should have a view of you.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2019 at 10:15 AM, norrin said:

@.kju - I'm also amazed by what you and your team have achieved with the IF conversion since way back in those early days many moons ago.

Keep up your fantastic work,

norrin  🙂

I still consider your scripts, norrin, as groundbreaking even for today's armaverse

23 hours ago, Digger James said:

Yes with the brits coming another tick has been crossed on my "wants" (except for planes of the RAF 😅😥) just need to add something like an M10 Wolverine, static 40mm Bofors, and M2 105mm artillery for the US and I'm happy! I don't mind even if it comes in as the M7 Preist like the Wespe did! can't wait for what surprises you Devs throw in our direction! I mean; Actual Bayonets that Actually STAB PEOPLE!!! WOOAAH~! didn't see that bus coming but I like what I see! 

Funny how all our wishes http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/iron-front-wish-list-6253769?&trail=15

are in March 😉

6 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

that list is only missing the Po-2 "mule" for the Soviets! gotta have them "Night Witches" of the 588th! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_Po-2

I'd add the Po-2 to the list but im over in characters for that post, it wont let me add anymore listings, plus that post is from 2016 so its out of date.

I will be working on the forum soon so i plan to update that list as well.

Hey everyone. First off, amazing mod.

I was wondering if anyone could help me a little bit.

I only have ACE, CBA_A3 loaded along with IFA_AIO_A3, the all in one version, and CUP Terrains Core.

I keep getting error: Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_CAMP_Armory_Misc_Concrete_Wall' requires addon 'CAMP_Armory_Misc'

It's probably something simple but any help would be greatly appreciated.

As discussed in discord the issue was not related to IFA3.

Download
Wiki: WW2_Download

Changelog
Wiki: WW2_Changelog -_Preview_v34_-_2019-03-31
Wiki: I44 Changelog - Preview_v34_-_2019-03-31

~~~ Red Devils & Desert Rats Update ~~~
After 18 months of development we are proud to announce you that Red Devils and Desert Rats Update is now available! This is our biggest update yet both in term of content (two maps, seven vehicles, 14 weapons, 45 infantry gears) and gameplay features that will bring a new dimension in ArmA 3 WW2 simulation. This update is the result of a extremely devoted team effort with the selfless involvment of my fellow team members - it would not have been possible without you: kju, Kerc, swurvin, iron_excelsior, Diabolical, GSTAVO, Jaki, LAxemann, Jeg0r, bax, DontShootMe, InstantMuffin, Bricks, Stardust, Lawz, sokolonko!

Also much thanks to our dedicated testers and promoters: Dmorok, Remember Sega, Warzen, Jeza, Dragonfly Gaming, Shermanator, stabcon, Slakks!

I would also like to thank you - our fans - for your continous support and enthusiasm!

### Highlights ###

Tobruk

In 1941 the Libyan port city of Tobruk became besieged by Axis forces under command of the Desert fox - German Generalleutnant Erwin Rommel. Australian, Indian, British, Czechoslovakian and Polish troops defended Tobruk for 241 days. The siege was lifted as a result of the Allied operation Crusader; serious losses and poor supplies forced Rommel to retreat. Despite countless efforts of the Allied army, Tobruk was recaptured by the Axis forces on 21 June 1942. The defenders of the city became known as - The Rats of Tobruk.

20190325222958_1.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

20181205193707_1.jpg

20181207233931_1.jpg

20190217182756_1.jpg

El Alamein

In 1942 an Egyptian town of El Alamein became a place of fierce battles between Desert Rats - British Imperial and Commonwealth forces and Panzerarmee Afrika - Italian troops and German expeditionary force. El Alamein was a minor railway station located on an open, desert terrain, however well prepared fortifications and minefields helped Allies to repel the enemy attacks and stop them from capturing Egypt and Suez canal.

20190309120240_1.jpg

20190209002625_1.jpg

20190209002928_1.jpg

20181208012509_1.jpg

20181203215543_1.jpg

UK faction showcase

ShowcaseUK.png

Explore staging area of an unnamed British Division. Visit each exhibition area and experience British forces by land, air and sea. All clear!

Arma_3_20.2.2019._21_35_22.png

Bayonets

Players can attach a bayonet to the muzzle attachment slot of their weapon. Similarly, some weapons have bayonets integrated and do not require an additional muzzle attachment. After switching fire-mode, the player can use it to stab enemy within melee range. Currently the AI are unable to attack with bayonets. Damage is based on the physical bayonet itself - so aim with the bayonet! (not your crosshair)

KROGw2D.jpg

Applicable for:

• K98k
  • K98k (Late)
  • Mosin-Nagant M91/30
  • Mosin-Nagant M44 (doesn’t need to equip a bayonet)
  • M1 Garand
  • 1903A4 Springfield
  • FG42 (doesn’t need to equip a bayonet)
  • Lee Enfield No1 MkIII*
  • Lee Enfield No4 MkI
  • Sten Mk5

See the ingame field manual for more details.

qkuhPzU.jpg

Rifle Grenades

Players can attach a rifle grenade launcher to the muzzle attachment slot of their weapon. After switching fire-mode, the player can load a rifle grenade onto/into the launcher and fire it, much further than can be thrown. Switching away from the rifle grenade
fire-mode with a grenade loaded will automatically unload the grenade. The AI is able to use rifle grenades like any other weapon but have no means of "fitting" the attachment and must use the pre equipped weapon variants. For more details, check the field manual ingame.

a35SFkO.jpg

Applicable for:

• K98k
  • K98k (Late)
  • STG44/Mp44
  • Mosin-Nagant M91/30
  • M1 Garand
  • No. 4 Mk. I
  • No. 1 Mk. III*

kmAdZf4.jpg

PIAT

The anti tank grenade launcher is mainly to be used again lightly armored cars but is also a threat to tanks. The explosive round can also be used against infantry. It is available in both rifle and launcher version for maximum flexibility. The magazines are compatible to each others.

ALzdwhU.jpg

White phosphorus

A special type of smoke grenade - while it’s main use is to provide smoke-cover. The initial explosion may kill or injure nearby infantry in a fairly big radius. In addition, the lingering smoke is hazardous. It leads to non well-being and may even cause serious injury if exposed for too long. It’s even dangerous to crew when the vehicle is open or the crew is turned out. Stay inside!

Currently only available to No.77 Grenade.

It will be extended to mortar, artillery and bombs soon.

eEn48JV.jpg

PTRD restrictions

Degtyaryov anti-tank rifle has not proven itself to be accurate or effective against tanks, however it's 14.5mm round was devastating against cars or lightly armored vehicles. Yet, with a bit of luck, it could detrack a tank or even shoot down a plane! Due to its weight it can only be used prone or when the weapon gets rested on some support.

Note: AI are not affected by the limitation.

HYGHmph.jpg

Bagpipes

The Scottish regiments are known to impress their opponents playing the iconic bagpipes while going into battle.

Sqf6Nq8.jpg

There is a manual mode to play the coords yourself, or select from a list of availables tunes/tracks. Use the reload action to select, and the fire action to play. You can find more 25 tracks in this separate mod (required by all players): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1683392891

Extended HUD

The custom HUD display several vital information:

• Damage state of vehicle components
  • Main gun direction
  • Reload state of current main gun
  • Commander view cone
  • Vehicle speed
  • Heading
  • Fuel state

This update made it available to all remaining vehicles, displays now also the hull damage, shows the damage state and fixed faulty configuration of a few vehicles.

extended_hud_black.png

Offroad driving

Cars and trucks now get slowed down when moving in the landscape outside roads or
dirt tracks. The reduction can be up to 40% in mud or sand surfaces.

So to use a road or not is now a tactical choice.

TLv5YFv.jpg

Plane loadout customization

With the dynamic loadout system you can now customize your plane's loadout via scripting and/or in the ED3N editor before the mission start.

In the editor simply double click on the plane you wish to customize (or right click>>Attributes) and select:

pylons.PNG

You will see a top down view diagram of the plane and the available bomb pylons:

pylon_diagram.PNG

Now you can customize the payload for each of the pylons individually, or select one of the existing preset loadouts from the upper left drop down list. You can also check the Mirror box in the right upper corner for a symmetrical loadout should you desire one.
When you are happy with your selection just click OK and see the new payload on the plane in the editor.

ENaL1wn.jpg

AI tank commanding

As human tank commander with AI gunner this update brings some useful additions to further improve the experience. Important to note, a previous update already allowed the AI gunner to engage with the main gun on his own, like he already does with MG weapons. Please send us further suggestions you see making it even better!

Command cursor

There is now an additional cursor for the command, with an AI gunner present, to help you target hostiles or positions more effectively. It will also remain active when you turn out. When you are in optics view, or have a weapon in hand, the cursor gets hidden.

Note: It is only visible in cadett difficult and with weapon cursor activated in difficulty options.

Command target order

Next to the usual "target" key action on vehicles or infantry, you can now also order an AI gunner to target ground or any position/object/wall, if you hold ALT at the same time.
This also allows you to target a vehicle more precisely to try to hit specific components. To cancel just target a vehicle/infantry, or use the "target" key action with nothing behind the cursor.

Note: In cadett difficult and with weapon cursor activated in difficulty options it will show an arrow at the target location.

Command fire order

When you have assigned an AI gunner a target, you can use the "fire" or "command fire" action to give him the order to unleash the main gun (when ready). When MG is selected, the AI gunner will fire a suppressive fire burst lasting a couple of seconds instead.

Field manual

You can read up about custom gameplay features in the field manual now.

Note: This is still work in progress and more to come with future updates.

DTzQN49.jpg

Animations

piat_reload.gifbren_reload.gif

All the new weapons come with custom weapon holding and reload animations (only webley pistol comes later). In addition, a whole new tailored animation system for rifles using stripper clips, and the loading of rifle grenades are featured in this update.

lee_enfield_sniper_reload.giflee_enfield_reload.giflee_enfield_gl_reload.gif

British faction

Desert Rats units

Arma_3_16.2.2019._21_04_44.png

20190314112421_1.jpg

Arma_3_22.2.2019._2_01_57.png

Red Devil units

Arma_3_3.3.2019._21_42_49.png

Arma_3_16.3.2019._3_09_44.png

20190220220203_1.jpg

Arma_3_16.2.2019._1_29_31.png

Weaponry

Rifles

• No.1 Lee Enfield Mk III
  • No.4 Lee Enfield Mk I
  • No.4 (T) Lee Enfield Mk I (scoped)

Machine guns

• Sten Mk II
  • Sten Mk V
  • Bren Mk II

Anti tank

• PIAT (launcher or rifle - with compatible ammunitions)
  • New M1A1 Bazooka model thanks to Loutre!

Arma_3_16.3.2019._2_14_23.png

Pistols

• Webley Mk VI
  • Welrod Mk I

Misc

• Bagpipes
  • British binoculars (Kershaw Mk III 6x30)

Arma_3_16.3.2019._2_38_01.png

Grenades

• No.77 phosphorus grenade
  • No.82 Gammon grenade
  • No.36 Mills bomb

Attachments

• bayonets
    • No.4 Mk II (Lee Enfield No.4)
    • P1903 (Lee Enfield No.1)
    • M1 (M1 Garand)
  • Lee Enfield rifle grenade launcher

Vehicles

Tanks

• Cromwell Mk IV Type F
  • Crusader Mk III
  • Crusader Mk I (Anti-Air)

Arma_3_10.2.2019._14_37_16.png

yMyreDM.jpg

p3bDNX4.jpg

Transport

• Austin K5 truck
  • Universal Carrier thanks to Guy Thomas from Invasion 44

H7Y9pw1.jpg
  •  Ships
    • Landing Craft Assault
    • Landing Craft Infantry

Extras

• Flak 36 now has a shield (can be hidden in EDEN attributes)
  • Two news British desert camo for M4A3 Sherman thanks to DontShootMe!
  • Afrika Korps Tiger tank retexture by DontShootMe!
  • CLE Container ammobox

Arma_3_3.3.2019._19_05_57.png

SJymbq2.jpg

Gear

Clothing

•  

[*]Pattern 37 uniform
[*]P37 uniform with leather jerkin (cold weather outfit)
[*]P37 uniform with denison smock (paratrooper outfit)
[*]Khaki Drills 1941 (desert outfit)
[*]P37 webbing gear (7x) and backpacks (3x) in tan and blanco variants

Headwear

•  

[*]7 British berets (para, army, commando, tanks and tanks with headphones)
[*]Balmoral hat
[*]21 British helmets (Mk II, Mk III, MkII Para) all in camo, net or plain variants
[*]Royal Air Force flight cap

unknown.png

Extras

•  

[*]Neutral British units insignias
[*]British shoulder ranks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For suggestions and issues please check out:
Wiki: Overview
Wiki: Issue_Reporting
Wiki: Class_Overview

Wanna have a chat or interested to assist - join our discord server.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more official WIP media and excellent fan made media make sure follow our discord server.

BI developers testing out upcoming goodies 😉

Arma_3_2.1.2019._18_33_26.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 22

Thanks for the work chaps! Off to battle we go!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jesus Christ guys!

What an update, this probably has to be one of your biggest updates to date!

This is incredible, my hats off to Kju and IFA3 team for all your work, and dedication to keeping this mod alive and flourishing!

Thank you team! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is that map with the pegasus bridge not included in this release? I see it in that last picture there but I can't find that spot on any of the maps.

31 minutes ago, simkas said:

Is that map with the pegasus bridge not included in this release? I see it in that last picture there but I can't find that spot on any of the maps.

Your answer below above the pic you mentioned, is not yet released i believe and is still in testing.

2 hours ago, El Tyranos said:

BI developers testing out upcoming goodies

• Thanks 1