.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

On 2/10/2019 at 4:33 PM, Wiki said:

2)

the tanks seem to have a problem:

when you set them with slow speed, they won't move

I had this problem also, in a big way in my dynamic mission.  Noticed that a specific WW2 vehicle type was getting stuck 100% of the time.  If I recall correctly, was trying to solve this specifically with a FOW vehicle.  Spent a bunch of time investigating, and to my surprise pinned this down to the lowering of speed (via limitSpeed and/or forceSpeed).  In the case of my mission, I was lowering vehicle speed mission-wide dynamically based on the amount of territory the enemy took.  Removing speed lowering unstuck that particular vehicle type.  Now curious, I removed speed lowering mission-wide.

The biggest surprise was this:  Suddenly I noticed far fewer instances of mysteriously stuck vehicles in my mission.  (This included certain IFA3 vehicles too if I recall correctly.)  Suddenly vehicles were getting to their destinations literally most of the time.  Removing that "speed lowering" improved the fun factor of my mission by at least a factor of 3, not kidding at all.  (The downside is now putting up with the ridiculous acceleration to top speed of the those small FOW halftracks.)

The funny thing is, for literally years I blamed all those stuck vehicles on BIS's path-finding overhaul.  And in my case so much sticking was simply related to speed lowering.  Anyhow, please everyone be very careful when lowering vehicle speed or you will probably run into this stuck vehicles too.  It doesn't take much speed lowering at all to stick the susceptible types.

Also btw- I have overcome most of my BIS pathfinding issues.  Should do a write-up on the various stuck remedies I employ (none of which involve teleporting the vehicle).  I believe I have enough insight into that horrible bug where AI drivers can't turn around and drive toward a WP behind them, to where BIS could actually fix it.  (Would want to pull all the stops though and create a formal detailed report with history, screenshots, etc like that excellent "17 years old bug in A3 - 'A fallen static objects' geometries bug'" thread, which resulted in BIS finally fixing that long-standing nightmare issue.)

@Wiki Curious if you pinned your particular problem down to certain vehicles types?

• Like 3

when you set them with slow speed, they won't move

we are in the process of fixing this. it turns out the default slow and normal speed factors for physx are no good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Gunter Severloh what would be a "winter version" of tank crew? or you just suggest dummy classes that are the same?

@Wiki 

1) the missions will be revised. Jaki hasnt had time in recent weeks unfortunately.

2) see above

3) this is an effect of making AI also use HE ammo - we are working on a workaround to the workaround to avoid that AI behavior

@warflak we do have terrains in the pipeline for Ostfront indeed, but has to be seen if they will be ready in time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, .kju said:

@Gunter Severloh what would be a "winter version" of tank crew?

Heres some pics:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71cH2hJaaSL._SL1300_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/616ioin1cFL._SL1200_.jpg

a couple of pics, but let me get back to you with more, little time today for me.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, .kju said:

@Gunter Severloh what would be a "winter version" of tank crew? or you just suggest dummy classes that are the same?

@Wiki 

1) the missions will be revised. Jaki hasnt had time in recent weeks unfortunately.

2) see above

3) this is an effect of making AI also use HE ammo - we are working on a workaround to the workaround to avoid that AI behavior

@warflak we do have terrains in the pipeline for Ostfront indeed, but has to be seen if they will be ready in time

Thank you :)

• Thanks 1

Kju, for the panzer crew winter uniforms my suggestion is to load up GEIST-A3 LITE https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773314286

Joarius has i think the historically accurate winter uniforms for both Soviet, and German Tank crews in there.

You can see them in virtual arsenal.

Preview v33 is out

Download
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Download

Changelog
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog:_Preview_v33_-_2019-02-14

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=I44_Changelog#Preview_v33_-_2019-02-14

After an unplanned too long wait we present you one more quality of life update to improve your play and gaming experience
in anticipation of the next big update.

### Highlights ###

Features

• Added fire damage to flame bursts of flame thrower.
  • Tweaked roll rates and turn rates to more realistic values and thus better flight model for P47, FW190F8, Pe2, Pe39 and Ju87 (aileron and elevator sensitivity) by Stardust!
  • Minefields are available again (WIP - to improved and expanded further).
  • Improved anti flip system tanks to Stardust and Roman!

Gameplay

• Fixed low armor of infantry units.
  • Updated Soviet infantry damage model to latest A3 system.

Realistic turret rotation speeds (360° in)

• FlakPanzer IV: 10 seconds
  • JS-2: 40 seconds
  • M3 and M5 Stuart: 15 seconds
  • M4 Sherman series: 15 seconds
  • Panzer IVH: 30 seconds
  • Panzer V: 18 seconds
  • Panzer VIB and VIE: 60 seconds
  • T34-76: 14 seconds
  • T34-85: 21 seconds

Terrains

• Ardennes 1940 with big revamp.

Objects

• Major revision of object destruction behavior.
  • Major revision of object classification (editor, ZEUS, scripting).
  • Enabled featureTyp for churches, castles and military structures to have them drawn beyond 2000 meters.
  • Fixed visual issues with Raunhofer Winter vegetation when loaded together with CUP vegetation (separated rvmats).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For suggestions and issues please check out:
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=Issue_Reporting

Wanna have a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sand, sand nothing but sand..

20190212181349_1.jpg

20190212180626_1.jpg
by Dragonfly Gaming

For more official WIP media and excellent fan made media make sure follow our discord server.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Thank you very much .kju and the Iron Front in Arm3 LITE team , for another Great update !!!  :thumbs-up:

• Thanks 1

107410_20190215224405_1.png

Dear IFA3 followers,

today we start our promotion campaign about our upcoming update: Red devils & Desert Rats.

We will try to post one new picture everyday until the release, or a few days prior it. Those pics will showcase the upcoming content.

Today, DAK units are resupplying their Flak 36 next to El Alamein train station. Tigers tanks are waiting to be dismounted from their wagon as the frontline is getting closer and closer.

New content:

• Flak 36 shield
  • DAK shorts uniform
  • Desert tiger reskin without zimmerit
  • El Alamein map by swurvin
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Looking forward to the release.

That guy in the chair learned when the feldwebel said forced hydration, he meant forced hydration. 😁

Dzj22XoWwAAlYzG.jpg:large

First contact between Afrika Korps and Desert Rats. Resupplied Flak emplacements are starting to shell British position near El Alamein, while DAK troops are closing by.

New content

• UK Khaki Drills uniform
  • Bren Mk II
  • Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk III
  • Webley Mk VI
  • Bren animations by GSTAVO
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Arma_3_16.2.2019._21_04_44.png

Desert Rats charging towards DAK position through no man's land.

• Like 16

Desert units in Arma3 at last and everything looks SO GREAT! 

Just checking: does the Red Devils update include LRRP armed Jeeps and Chevrolet lorries? I’m sure I read something about these in the thread a few months back, but can’t find the post anymore. Please let me know whether I imagined the whole thing 😛

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Vvalerie2 said:

Just checking: does the Red Devils update include LRRP armed Jeeps and Chevrolet lorries?

Not planned for this update

Arma_3_9.1.2019._21_44_09.png

Finally, British reinforcement and tea supplies have arrived to El Alamein. That will certainly boost up morale in men.

• Like 16

26 minutes ago, TheCr8rMaker said:

thanks for the clarification on the tea 😂

Will you be drinking any tea when this next update? lol

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Will you be drinking any tea when this next update? lol

How else will I stay hydrated in the African sun...??

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2019 at 10:05 AM, .kju said:

Dzj22XoWwAAlYzG.jpg:large

First contact between Afrika Korps and Desert Rats. Resupplied Flak emplacements are starting to shell British position near El Alamein, while DAK troops are closing by.

New content

• UK Khaki Drills uniform
  • Bren Mk II
  • Lee-Enfield No.1 Mk III
  • Webley Mk VI
  • Bren animations by GSTAVO

Such an amazing mod! Wait, is the officer holding the pistol with one hand an animation or a real modification? I would love to see units in arma 3 one handing their pistols. And also, i know this has been asked a lot of times already but since you're covering the African campaign, might as well ask again, how close are we to seeing Italian units in IFA 3? More power to you guys! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20190217182756_1.jpg

"I wouldn't expect docks to be so quiet during the siege of Tobruk." - unknown British soldier

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Arma_3_16.2.2019._1_29_31.png

Combined Operation was a success! Battle-hardened paratroopers are on the move towards next town.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Are you guys going to phase the update for the red devils and desert rats or is it all going to be in one, out of curiosity?

Hopelly we'll be able to get the full res versions someday. Shame we can't see all the great assets/work you guys do as they are meant to be on our end.