.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

+ian

just wanna say thank you all for your awesome support this year, and wish you all merry Christmas and happy new year~ thanks!

arma3_x64_2018-12-25_22-58-43-44.png?wid

• Like 28

This is perfect, very convincing, very true. I see that you feel it.:thumb:

Tonight, we had a team bonding event to finish off a long year with some fun gameplay. We play tested our two new gamemodes: WW2 Rush and Search & Destroy. 

For those who are not familiar with this already, we decided to make something that would bring more fun to multiplayer community by taking inspiration from most popular, and belowed gamemodes from Battlefield and Call of Duty. Those two modes are constantly getting worked on and updated by getting input from different sources. On top of all, this was our first playtest using new terrains and British units and weapons!

For those who couldn't make it to the stream, worry not, just check the video below!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/356525784##

brmbEtT.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello guys,

can we have a fix for the amphibious assault showcase?

Thanks

also, in the menu, the overviewx pics don't show up.

it's ok during the laoding, but not in the menu

• Like 1

Oh great! Pegasus bridge!

• Like 1

Hi guys

I was for a long time inactive on the forum. I just wanted to thank all community members who have worked on this project and made it possible to play Iron Front in Arma 3. You did a hell of a job.

I made a short video to pay homage to the team.

Thank you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 1/1/2019 at 1:35 PM, Wiki said:

Hello guys,

can we have a fix for the amphibious assault showcase?

Thanks

also, in the menu, the overviewx pics don't show up.

it's ok during the laoding, but not in the menu

The overview pics not working is not related to the Mod. I disabled all MODs but the overview pics are not working in Vanilla as well.  Load screens are working, the overview pics not.

cheers

Is there any trick to get more lethality out of AI (lmg/non-static) machinegunners?. I know BIS has changed things around AI skill wise quite a bit, but trying to improve upon the abysmal LMG performances I'm seeing. I just did a test to see if any skill settings etc would improve but wasn't having much luck. Even with all skills maxed (difficulty options AI settings/precision 100%, editor AI skill/accuracay/aimshake etc all 100%) firing at a tight line of 12 careless/standing/idle, 1,000 rounds was only yielding 2-3 kills. At normal difficulty/default editor skill he was doing 0-2 kills. Swapping him to a mauser at max skill he was dropping half or more of the targets in 40-50 rounds. Any tips to nudge the MGs closer to the mauser results greatly appreciated!

some funny or hilarious scenes from our latest play-test of RUSH, S&D and Blitzkrieg with WoT mode

• Like 3

Hi

is there any way these two objects can be placed in editor with any of  their doors open 

2oScbpg.gif

thanks

@Madshepherd right click on the asset;  Find in Config Viewer > LIB_HORSA_RAF* > UserActions

* = example

Not all vehicles have that ability though

Hope it helps!

jaki

tried what you said but couldn't alter values

thanks for reply

1 hour ago, Madshepherd said:

couldn't alter values

can you please elaborate?

I tried to alter some of the values at the end of the lines and save  but couldn't.  eg.   =0;    to   =3;   

however having not done this before its possible i  haven't done it right.

i will have another look 

thanks

You want to get the part name etc from the config viewer, then use that in the unit's init in editor, script etc to animate the objects to appear as you want.  Eg for the Horsa, in it's init put 

this animate ["cargoBay",1]

swap cargobay for canopy or doorL and the respective part will open at the start of the mission. Use script etc. to set back to 0 to close it again.

• Like 2

Thanks BvB1

i will give that a go 

The "init " was the way i was hoping for 

cheers

:yay:

yep thats  it , works fine on Horsa Glider  

I will play around with the GAZ to see if i can get doors to open 

thanks for taking time to replies lads

cheers

In the far future, I understand you're going back into the Ostfront. Looking ahead to those glorious times, can we expect new maps of Ukraine(Lviv, Odessa, Sevastopol, Kiev, Kharkov) and Poland(Danzig, Lublin, Warsaw, Brest-Litovsk, Wilno)? I understand Stalingrad is a reliable yet admittedly overused style these days, with multiple different scenarios and templates on the Workshop already. In addition, many of these maps give the Home Army a chance to shine. 

• Like 1

hey guys

3 things:

1)

@Jaki, can you fix these 2 bugs in the showcase please?

- paratrooper showcase : one of the squad mate has default position as "crouch". Is it possible to change it as "auto"? otherwise, he won't take automatic position and always remain crouch when the player orders "copy my stance".

- D Day showcase : the landing carrier always explodes and kill the player. not possible to play this one

2)

the tanks seem to have a problem:

when you set them with slow speed, they won't move

3)

sometimes the tanks fire twice at a time.

no my tank obviously, but the tanks i'm facing fire 2 shells / fire twice within the same second

maybe a bug?

1 hour ago, warflak said:

In the far future, I understand you're going back into the Ostfront. Looking ahead to those glorious times, can we expect new maps of Ukraine(Lviv, Odessa, Sevastopol, Kiev, Kharkov) and Poland(Danzig, Lublin, Warsaw, Brest-Litovsk, Wilno)? I understand Stalingrad is a reliable yet admittedly overused style these days, with multiple different scenarios and templates on the Workshop already. In addition, many of these maps give the Home Army a chance to shine. 

Im in agreement, speaking of maps there is also Battle for Berlin map that still needs finishing.

A question, is there any plans to add winter versions of the German and Soviet tank crews as i dont see them in the editor or config viewer.

Working on something for Ragnarok and added the classname for winter crew with the lib_ger_tank_crew classname, seeing that the other units for winter had the _w tacked on to their classname i did the same,

i should have checked but in the mission im working on the tanks spawned without crew, so this is why i asked.