.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

this might be also an alternative to what you are after:

No luck so far kju -ill keep messing around with it. Also noted RHS has the same problem but CUP tanks do work with doSuppressiveFire

hi, I m getting some troubles with the c-47. I don't know why when I put some units inside the plane, instead of apearing sitting down, they appear standing up, and even If we have the option to sit down, once we press it, it doesn t do anything. any idea on what is happening?

2 hours ago, Reid236 said:

@miguel_roman_96@hotmail.comI literally had the same problem yesterday you need to right click on the unit in the editor and there should be an option to change their seat from standing to sitting

I can t find where... Do I have to right click on the units or on the plane? 

Would it be possible to have an option somewhere to disable the AI skills modified by IF? I was deleting the ww2_core_c_cfgAISkills PBO but it actually prevents you from loading a saved mission as a missing dependency error shows up.

most simple solution at this point is for you to extract ww2_core_c_cfgAISkills, remove the skill definitions and repack it - other solutions are more complex unfortunately

Whats up WW2 Fans!

I have created a new compilation list here on the forums that contains all the Steam Workshop WW2 mods in one place!

This compilation list was created from my frustration of steam workshop lacking function to better sort items in collections,

the list is my compilation of my Arma3 WW3 Steams Workshop collection that sorts all the items and mods based on subject into a major list.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

20180830055436_1.jpg
by swurvin

Download

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Download

Changelog

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog:_Preview_v32_-_2018-09-26

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=I44_Changelog#Preview_v32_-_2018-09-26

Yet again a quality of life update to improve your play and gaming experience
along with a small set of new additions expanding the battlefield.

### Highlights ###

Features

• Speed limiter to tanks and wheeled APCs (to avoid abuse primarily) (global disabling: 'LIB_System_Tanks_f_SpeedLimiter_Active=false;' and per unit: '_vehicle getVariable ["LIB_SpeedLimiterSystemDisabled",true];').

Gameplay

• Major revision of third camera view configuration for vehicles - customized to each vehicle type and specific vehicle.

Sounds

More beauty for your ears by LAxemann - major upgrade of vehicle sounds and sound simulation of:

• Sherman
  • StuG
  • Willys MB
  • GMC truck
  • LCVP
  • LCM3

by Jaki

Terrains

• Upgraded Volkhov Forest by swurvin:
    • Heightmap edits, massive micro terrain
    • Mask and Sat image edits
    • New midTexture
    • New ground textures
    • New roads
    • More object placement
    • More trenches
    • Changed clutter and surfaces
    • Changed maxTide and minTide to raise water level (wip)
    • Fixed latitude+longitude for correct sun position

iKKBRZ5.jpg

sKOJWHC.jpg

JGFkIii.jpg

z0n81Mc.jpg

20180917163920_1.jpg

20180917164110_1.jpg
by swurvin

Assets

• Faction based binoculars historically accurate reticles thanks to Drofseh!

american.png

Arma_3_26.9.2018._12_37_08.png

Arma_3_26.9.2018._12_37_49.png
by Jaki

Reskins

Several new tank skins by DontShootMe!!:

• Late war Panther
  • Kursk battle Panther
  • 4-7th Royal Dragoon Guards M4A4 Firefly
  • Late war SU85, T34/76, JS-2 and T34/85

T3LDGjN.jpg

KbaKILN.jpg

12bKGEq.jpg
by bax

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Image galleries:

https://imgur.com/a/wcqF4t2
by swurvin

https://imgur.com/a/N7jAO4K
by bax

For suggestions and issues please check out:

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=Issue_Reporting

Wanna have a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server.

Enjoy!

The next operation is near:

20180916122537_1.jpg
by swurvin

unknown.png
by Diabolical and El Tyranos

20180901191910_1.jpg

20180902212700_1.jpg

by iron excelsior

20180907141653_1.jpg

20180907141723_1.jpg
by swurvin

Arma_3_15.9.2018.png
by Jaki

For more official WIP media and excellent fan made media make sure follow our discord server.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 13

Anyone have an issue where only Wehrmacht, US, and Soviet flags are showing under marker flags? I'm running other mods, to include other WW2 mods, but it was working fine prior to today, just today it seems to not show all the other flags. Any ideas?

• Thanks 1

@Broseph_Stalin90 what flags specifically are you talking about?  the latest update did hide the modern ones (NATO, CSAT, etc)

It seems to remove all maps in general, such as flags added by GEIST or FOW, for example. Not a big issue if it's intended, as I think the classnames can still be used. Probably just an issue of compatibility patches?

• Thanks 1

Hm this could happen if they had based their classes on those BI ones.

Preview v32 - Hotfix 1 is out

• Changed: increased anti-flip and speed limiter frequency to every frame to make it more smooth and instant to intercept those undesired situations.
  • Changed: made standard A3 flag markers visible again.
  • Improved: naming of AntiFlip system (was UnFlip).
  • Improved: Rifle grenade script can now handle firing handgrenades (with their own increased velocity).
  • Fixed: faulty vectorAdd made tanks lift off into the sky.
  • Fixed: speed needle broken for cars, trucks, planes and boats.
  • Fixed: missing strings for new tanks camo.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Just in case you didn't see my steam workshop post here it is.

Missions will no longer launch with latest hotfix. I am getting this error. Looks like something in the addons directory is not right.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.ww2_assets_c_vehicles_wheeled_c_m8_greyhound' .

• Thanks 1

Hotfix hotfix to come ASAP :hang:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Belbo thanks for notice! forwarding to our admin :don15:

• Thanks 1

Preview v32 - Hotfix 2 is out

• Fixed: mission loading error (No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.ww2_assets_c_vehicles_wheeled_c_m8_greyhound').
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

A few quick thanks:

• First, thanks so much for the recent "quality of life" update, with emphasis on bringing all armored vehicles up to A3 standards.  Everything runs like a dream now, and I find myself amazed every time I fire up the mod!
  • Second, many thanks for fixing 3rd person gunner view on several vehicles.  Many were so completely broken before (placed directly behind the vehicles).  Now we can shoot properly while in 3rd person!  (All due respect for 1st person purists, who can always simply turn off 3rd person.)
  • Third, thanks for removing the troublesome "Move to Driver" actions on Halftracks and M3 scout cars.  The problem was: With a (different grouped) AI as driver, when player took over as the driver, bumping AI driver out, and then later player moved back over to cargo spot, the AI driver would not move back into the driver seat.  Instead, he'd hang out like a dummy in the back seat.  This coupled with that "Vehicle crew (except driver, gunner, & commander) disembarking upon nearby friendlies hit" issue, would consistently cause my drivers to get out of halftracks and run away, often in the middle on combat!  Thankfully, removing this "Move to Driver" action, plus _vehic setUnloadInCombat [false, false] keeps everyone in their proper seats.  Good fix!

Quick observation about tanks recently:

• I noticed in latest IFA3 version, AI tank crews will (in most cases) stay in their vehicles upon tank becoming immobile (as detected via canMove).  This of course is in contrast to default game, where AI crews always disembark upon vehicles becoming immobile.  I assume allowCrewInImmobile is being used to keep them in?  If so, I'd say good call.  Makes more sense that way.  [Now in this moment, I'm wondering if this new "AI remain in vehic upon immobile" mechanic is IFA3 related or perhaps default game's Tanks update is causing this.  Will run some tests eventually to learn more, but anyhow curious if you guys have quick answer either way?]
  • Also noticed that every time IFA3 tank is damaged (and immobile) and explosion is imminent (which if I recall correctly is caused by critical damage to fuel system?), in this case the AI crew will always bail out.  This is normal and matches default game, but when coupled with AI crew always staying in immobile tanks that are not going to imminently explode, is perhaps a bit immersion breaking?  <- Because you always know whether vehicle will blow up or not based on whether AI crew bails (unlike default game where they always bail upon tank becoming immobile).  Just an observation about the pros/cons of using allowCrewInImmobile.
  • Noticed that when IFA3 tank gets one track knocked off, AI driver will keep trying to drive, which makes sense for a few seconds (as he would have to learn about his newly busted track, etc).  Unfortunately, AI driver will keep trying to get the busted tank moving indefinitely, which causes the tank to spin.  <- This part looks silly and is immersion breaking.  Coupled with the slow WW2 turrets, this also causes tank to lose effectiveness as a fighting unit, as driver is causing gunner to not be able to line up his shots.  I'm guessing this mirrors the way AI drivers operate in default game with allowCrewInImmobile true, so really just another observation about the pros/cons of using this command.  (Anyhow, I can envision a quick script to detect immobile tanks and stop the AI drivers a few seconds later.)

Big discovery:

• Have any of you experienced fully crewed AI vehicles (the kind with extra turrets like IFA3 tanks) getting stuck for long periods of time?  Not sure if this one applies to IFA3 specifically or not, but hopefully this will help someone.  In my dynamic mission, a long time ago I added an Armored support, which gives the player a AI-crewed halftrack or tank that they can control via an icon on the map.  (Will just call them tanks here for simplicity.)  Long story short, player could successfully order these tanks around, until the tank encountered enemy units.  At this point tank would basically stop for an extremely lengthy period of time.  It was extremely frustrating to desperately need that new Armor somewhere on the map (as my mission is survival/defense styled), and watch helplessly as tank sits there, completely stuck (even after tank killing all enemies around it), until some arbitrary super-long timeout (up to and sometimes over six minutes, if it's similar to issue I was having with infantry, detailed here).  After a ton of new experiments, I learned it really wasn't COMBAT mode related, and rather something to do with tank crew detecting enemy targets.  (For example, tank wouldn't get stuck simply going into COMBAT mode.)  I tried everything under the sun to get them moving, and nothing worked, until this bit: _group enableAttack false
  • ^ That was the key!  They move around fluidly/perfectly now! :yay:

Quickly, here's my simple cocktail for keeping AI armed vehicles that are fully crewed (inc all turrets) moving (and mounted, particularly critical with IFA3 vehicles):

_group allowFleeing 0;
_group enableAttack false;
_vehic setUnloadInCombat [false, false];

[Note that in this case I wanted to stay away from disableAI "AUTOCOMBAT", because I detect/display when player's map-controllable groups get into combat, so the player can see on the map where the fighting is going on.]

Finally great updates lately, please keep going! :wine:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1