.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

@duderide very impressive design - bravo :icon14:

---

Wadi Zitoune, off the Gulf of Bomba, Tobruk Libya 1942 by iron_excelsior

20180601144353_1.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The fuel consumption on the C-47 is absolutely astronomical. It will go from completely full of fuel to bingo after flying at half throttle for like less than 50 kilometers. In real life that thing has a range of 2600 kilometers aka 1600 miles which is more than enough to comfortably fly from Nicaragua to Arkansas without stopping (something Bill Clinton has probably financed many times). Please fix the fuel consumption on that vehicle and the other vehicles.

I also have a problem getting the C-47 to do a static line jump. Here is my problem:

I want the plane to fly at 1000 meters and drop troops. When the plane gets to a certain move waypoint it runs this script that I wrote:

if (isServer) then
{
    _grp = _this select 0;
    _leader = leader _grp;
    _vehicle = vehicle _leader;

{[vehicle _x, _x] spawn LIB_cargoStandUpStatement;unassignVehicle _x;} forEach units _grp;
    vehicle _leader spawn LIB_cargoOpenDoorStatement;

sleep (random 3);

[vehicle _leader, true] spawn LIB_fnc_changeLightStatement;

{
        [vehicle _x, _x] spawn LIB_cargoMoveToDoorStatement;
        sleep 0.5;
        unassignVehicle _x;
        [vehicle _x, _x] spawn LIB_fnc_deployStaticLine;
    } foreach units _grp;

_grp leaveVehicle _vehicle;

};

Everything works fine until the first man starts to jump. Then the plane nosedives from 1000 feet straight into the ground and explodes. I think this is because it wants to stay in 100 meters for some reason. To test this I made the plane fly at 100 meters instead of 1000 and it worked perfectly except that 100 meters is far too low of a height to jump out of an airplane at, even with a parachute, and so everyone died.

Why is it doing this and is there some sort of workaround I can use to stop it from happening?

Thanks.

@pognivet 

1. C47 fuel fixed. ty

2. can you send me a simple demo mission for the second issue to look into please

On 6/2/2018 at 5:54 AM, .kju said:

@pognivet 

1. C47 fuel fixed. ty

2. can you send me a simple demo mission for the second issue to look into please

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbbpkb3vbo4v4yq/usairbornetestarooni1I44_Merderet_V2.zip?dl=0

You may need a few extra mods to run the mission, maybe not. I forget. It's unbinarized so you can just look in the mission.sqm and edit it or whatever.

Looking forward to re-playing the classic Alamo.

Is there an option to disable IF's adjusted AI skill levels? I run my own mod calibrated to my liking for class based skill system and have noticed one of my loaded mods was changing up my values often giving results like aimingAccuracy: 1.9885e-005  Im not quite sure what that values means but its probably not good. this only happens with the IF mods loaded so its somehow conflicting with my own. Thanks for all the continued work on this and am really looking forward to the Desert Fox /Northern Africa content coming

• Thanks 1

@pognivet thanks but can you please provide a simple demo mission with just IFA3

@froggyluv delete WW2_Core_c_WW2_CfgAILevelPresets_c and WW2_Core_c_WW2_CfgAISkill_c

• Thanks 1

IFA3 Team, I think you could have an eye on this.

The m41 uniforms, in addition to the vests, harnesses and backpacks, seem to me to be oversaturated or too dark in color. Currently they have a very intense brown color which I think is not the right one for that uniform.
If you use the FoW or GEIST models of the M41 uniform as reference, they notice what I say. Could clarify a little the camiza and step a little too the pants to see if it is more or less as in this images?
2ec14e8680e09976f89b5eab90f2cce2.jpg 

9c6f349292ce74734eab531dc213db65.jpg

Again, looking into the future, would you guys be considering a port area or island for the Eastern Front? There's many places that would be suitable and it would help to break from the old river crossing stuff. For instance, Moonsund or Novorossiysk?

To all those involved, thanks again for your dedication and hard work.  Simply amazed by what you've achieved so far, can't wait to see what's next.

Couple quick questions:

1. Anyone know why the command speaker returns an empty string for IFA3 Russians and Germans?  (Turns out that’s playing havoc with my group-linked respawn script.  Also, interestingly speaker does return the valid speaker for IFA3 United States units.)
  2. Also, any insight on whether players (on foot) loading IFA3 mortars works for anyone?  Or is it bugged currently?  (That’s one of the final items holding up release of my blockbuster dynamic mission, tailored for WW2 and which I believe many of you will quite enjoy.)

• Like 1

On 13/06/2018 at 5:44 AM, warflak said:

Again, looking into the future, would you guys be considering a port area or island for the Eastern Front? There's many places that would be suitable and it would help to break from the old river crossing stuff. For instance, Moonsund or Novorossiysk?

anything that allows me to re-enact the boat scene from Enemy at the Gates :D

• Like 1

@warflak see our roadmap for later this year. besides that the more people are willing to contribute, the more we can create and share with y'all

• Thanks 1

Understoood. Thank you! It's shaping up to be quite a big year for Arma, and I'm jumping out of my skin for updates just as much as anyone,but I do try to be patient. Thanks for your work, I know you guys do it every day.

• Thanks 1

20180506150618_1.jpg

by Slakks

Download
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Download

Changelog
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog:_Preview_v30_-_2018-06-14

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=I44_Changelog#Preview_v30_-_2018-06-14

This time a smaller content update with various smaller fixes and improvements:

Highlights

• Villers Bocage by Gunther.S!

CHmQO4f.jpg

6dVl6BP.jpg

VRUrc4o.jpg

by stabcon

• Upgrade v3 for IF Omaha by DontShootMe!

"Third part of Colleville restyling - in this update you will find a new town, some farms and general improvement in the surrounding area. Enjoy!"

Map_updates_progress_V1.jpg

K06OrEK.jpg

Z7OhLSM.jpg

by DontShootMe

Image galleries:

https://imgur.com/gallery/oL001

by Jaki

https://imgur.com/a/vXl3WiG

by stabcon

https://imgur.com/a/DZM4wkM

by DontShootMe

For suggestions and issues please check out:

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=Issue_Reporting

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server:
https://discord.gg/0vQjglomrhMXqTF1

Enjoy!

PS: A little teaser of what is to come..

20180601144353_1.jpg

by iron excelsior

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6

BIG THX for the update!!!

Regarding Omaha Beach map I do have a question about the barbed wire obstacles. 

Out of dire need I slapped together a primitive Wirecutter Script which works fine on all Vanilla and IFA3 Barbed Wire Objects as long as they are placed manually.  On the Omaha map it doesn't work on the pre-placed map objects though. 

Would be cool if the IFA3 Devs or any coding pro could give some advice on how to make my script work with those pre-placed Barbed wire objects.  Here's the link to the topic I made in the Mission Editing Subforum: 

P.S.:  I have ofc added the other IFA3 Barbed Wire Object classname meanwhile into the array; had forgotten that at the time I was finished with first tests of the script & subsequently posting it into the forum.  It DOES work on both "Land_I44_Buildings_Barbedwire" and "Land_I44_Buildings_Barbedwire2" if they are manually placed - even if simulation is disabled. 

Kind Regards to all IFA3 Devs, content creators & players!

tourist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I really like the fact that despite working on the Desert Rats update you guys release some minor ones that still bring a lot of goodies to the WW2 Armaversum. Is there a "buy a keg of beer" button hidden somewhere?

• Thanks 2

On 6/14/2018 at 12:47 PM, madrussian said:

Anyone know why the command speaker returns an empty string for IFA3 Russians and Germans?  (Turns out that’s playing havoc with my group-linked respawn script.  Also, interestingly speaker does return the valid speaker for IFA3 United States units.)

Opps, this is actually a FOW issue.  My limited testing reveals that FOW is overwriting speaker to empty string on various units (including IFA3 and vanilla units too), which results in default game voice (which is English speaking).  I did a bit of searching and found that this was indeed acknowledged by Giallustio here on 4/24/18.  So, nothing to do with IFA3...

• Thanks 1

While still enjoying and exploring throughout fixes, updated Colleville, and new terrain by Gunther.S from our last update, we decided to give you a little progress on what we are working on for Red Devils and Desert Rats: North Africa to Germany:

desert.png?width=1440&height=497

Ones who are with us on discord might have noticed that we opened a lot of our development channels for public. We wanted to include community and give you opportunity to see how and on what we are working on.

At the moment, our busiest channel is audio development channel. There, one of our audio gods, LAxemann, is redoing most, if not all the sounds that haven't been touched by his magical fingers.

Another more thing we tested last night in MP environment is something "Mad Jack" would be proud of, but we will keep this one as a semi-secret. 

Terrains are also going to be a big part of the next update, as United Kingdom was deployed all around the globe in WW2. For now, we will focus on African and European Theatres. 

20171210115213_1.jpg

20180618091333_1.jpg

20180601144353_1.jpg?width=1057&height=5

20180618032350_1.jpg?width=1440&height=5

One of our terrain designers also decided to improve his terrains by creating and importing custom objects. Swurvin's album of objects can be seen here.

Last but not least, we will also add more Singleplayer and Multiplayer content to the mod. We will not release details for now, but teaser-screenshot can't hurt.

Arma_3_12.6.2018._1_27_35.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

could it be possible to see variants of tanks with a top turret mounted HMGs/MMGs? like for Shermans cal.30/cal.50, plus MG34s for the Panzers 4/5, and Tigers i & ii.
1a14243ebc22453f19cc56f40820cd5c.jpgamerarmor15-ed0180aa3293ce5ca106c679d20b

• Like 3

Good shit to come I see, btw! I can't wait to try your version of the SMLE No.1 Mk.III*!!!! WITH BAYONET I HOPE!!! :f:   :rthumb:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jaki said:

teaser-screenshot

Hello there Jaki !

I noticed in this picture that there is an amputation feature .

Is it from a mod - script or just photoshop?

Thanks !

Spoiler

Arma_3_12.6.2018._1_27_35.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I noticed in this picture that there is an amputation feature .

Is it from a mod - script or just photoshop?

Considering it's for campaign, everything used in screenshot is in IFA3 - try typing in "gore" in object's search bar. We have multiple dead soldier objects that we added with US Reborn update a while back.

2 hours ago, Digger James said:

could it be possible to see variants of tanks with a top turret mounted HMGs/MMGs? like for Shermans cal.30/cal.50, plus MG34s for the Panzers 4/5, and Tigers i & ii.

We are unsure when because we are looking for a best way to implement it to satisfy both realism and playability. But eventually we will implement it in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3