.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

I have a request, in one of the past verifications (I think it was v.24) a function was added to the fixed MG-42 machine guns that made them spray all their ammunition in a single burst. Later this function was eliminated (to my displeasure) because the way of firing the fixed machine guns is the least annoying, not to mention that I can not recreate a good fire of supreción like the one of said machine guns in day D without seeing me in need of search complex script or external functions. Would it be possible to add this function again as a module so that those who wish to activate or deactivate it use it?

PS: If you are ready to add one more maps, could you suggest the city of Carentan? Or some with a variety of villages and open countryside for missions of conquest and liberation?

Is there a possibility for the Italian Co-beliigerent Army?, they were british equipped like the poles.

• Sad 1

its not a tank its a self propelled gun to be a tank its turret must be able to traverse fully independent of the hull

20180502220403_1.jpg

Preview v29 is out

Download

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Download

Changelog

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog:_Preview_v29_-_2018-05-04

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=I44_Changelog#Preview_v29_-_2018-05-04

A small maintenance update to fix quickly some issues missing in the last update:

Highlights

• Improved driving behavior of most tanks thanks to El Tyranos and advice by Reyhard! Note: IS-2, I44 tanks/most US tanks, M3 Halftrack and SdKfz 7 will follow shortly!
  • Vehicles dampers will now react to their main gun recoil. Makes autocannon much more difficult to aim and tank rounds impact to spot without tank commander.
  • Tweaked fuel capacity of all vehicles. Now it's calculated as "avg. time before out of fuel (minutes) = [autonomy(km)/max speed(km/h)]/60". E.g.: Tiger tank will be empty after ~4.5 hours instead of 36.5 hours.
  • Reverted terrain lighting for IF and I44 Winter terrains.
  • Fixed all shadow glitches with several tanks.

For suggestions and issues please check out:

http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=Issue_Reporting

For a chat or interested to assist us - join our discord server:

https://discord.gg/0vQjglomrhMXqTF1

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

Looking forward to test the new tank stuff. You guys are on the roll :f:

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iron Front in ArmA 3 
2 year anniversary devblog

28on5l5.png

Find all the images in HD in this album.
For more convenient reading, use the PDF version.

1. Retrospective, community involvement and future plans

Since May 2016 you have seen 29 updates by our team - among them 11 major thematic expansions. This translates into a little more than one per month for the last two years. The result is Iron Front assets for the most part up to ArmA standards, parts of Invasion 44 ported over as well as a good bunch of new content made in your hands!

T1ErGKQl.png
New weapons added in 2017

These new assets consists of 16 weapons and 15 vehicles, a complete remake of United States faction, 7 new terrains and a set of SP missions. In addition some improved gameplay features provided to us by their kind authors such as manual bolting, static line airborne jump, glider towing, smarter tanks.

I2xb01El.png
New vehicles added in 2017

All this would not have been possible without the extensive and dedicated investment of many people - supported by a strong WW2 community! As such after some considerations we have set out the goal in the light of the 2 year anniversary to give you, WW2 fans and content creators, the chance and ability to become even more closely involved with the development.

This means that from now on our development channels on our discord will become public for everyone to follow closely the development process and discussions. In addition other content creators, as well as respected community members and fans respected for their past and future useful input and good manners can communicate and collaborate directly with the dev team. You are most welcome to apply too (PM kju). 

Next on we are to establish soon a dev branch bringing everyone the latest development version very similar to the concept BI has employed with Arma 3. This means automated updates with fixes, tweaks and additions made by the team. New projects, missions and terrains will be staged as soon as they are ready for public consumption to allow for early testing and sharing your thoughts and feedback with the team and everyone else.

In combination the feedback process will be made more accessible with discord acting as first, entry level - still with guidelines to ensure meaningful reports the devs can work with to bring the fixes and improvement back to you as soon as possible. For now Phabricator will remain the place to gather reports in the end to avoid duplication, allow a working task management to get things done - our team will ensure reports from discord to end up in there. However we will also look into alternatives in the future and review our approach yet again.

2. The next major expansion

Yf47yul.png
Our next project has been into conception and early development phase for almost a year - the major delay is due to the unfortunate incident with the former US Army assets after Blitzkrieg release. Yet the time has finally come to give this baby our full focus and unveil to you:

« Red Devils and Desert Rats: North Africa to Germany »

This expansion will focus on British Army, both in North Africa and Europe, and will bring you the biggest content set we have ever released [since last year].

Let us review the gear together now and take a good look at the work in progress concept arts!

Infantry gear:

• P37 Uniform, webbing and backpack (tan and blanco variants)
  • Leather Jerkin warm jacket
  • Paratrooper Denison smock
  • Desert uniform 
  • Mk.2, Mk.3 and paratrooper helmets

jqKkwEXl.png

Weapons:

• Lee Enfield no.4 
  • Lee Enfield Mk.3 SMLE
  • Sten mk.2
  • Sten mk.5
  • Bren mk.1
  • PIAT
  • Webley mk.6
  • Bagpipes
  • Mills Bomb grenade

DLY6E2Zm.png 2hGIn57m.png gumSpbzm.png Skbl7Ham.png

Vehicles:

• Crusader mk.3
  • Crusader mk.1 AA
  • Austin k5 truck

IdpQGqRm.png ajIPi8lm.png

Terrains:

• Sirte district, Libya
  • Bardia, Libya
  • Tobruk, Libya
  • Pegasus bridge, France
  • Gold beach, France

3Lo9DSOm.jpg NKnjMjom.jpg t8HA0uOm.jpg 4gYs0PZm.jpg

Long term plans for 2018
Our plans for the future are still at a conceptual stage, however, we can already give you early information about the major thematic expansions we set our eye on. After Desert Rats, we will focus on the eastern front and bring some love to the Russian Army - finally after being quite neglected by us for the past year. The Western Allies as the German received a lot of new content and are now more powerful than the Russians - who unbeknown by many had sustained the biggest human effort during WW2. The exact scope of this update is still to be determined, yet the current plans include new weapons models, telogreika uniform and finally the most awaited greatcoats for all factions!

LrHhP7Hl.png

To conclude 2018 after the “Ostfront” expansion the German Army is said to expect support by the “Panzer Division”. Operation Blitzkrieg and Fallschirmjäger have changed the battlefield for some months, yet to push back the combined assault of the Allied war machine alongside the Soviet counterattack, it needs the raw power of German steel. Brace yourself for the PanzerJager 38, Panzer 2, Panzer IV interior, Tiger interior, Jagdpanther, Kettenkrad, and possibly even more hidden surprises have left research and are getting prepared for production!

While we hope you enjoy those plans for the second half of 2018, feel free to join our discord in order to follow the development more closely and feel free to provide feedbacks. Let’s conclude in this commemorative day of Germany unconditional surrender with the wise words of a German Generalfeldmarschall, best known as the “Desert Fox”.

« Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both. » (Erwin Rommel)

Happy 8th of May and thank you,
IFA3 Team

• Like 22
  • Thanks 12

So, no "damn traitor" comms podgeon unit?

Well, at least we get the bagpipes. :drinking:

• Thanks 1

Gentlemen we are so lucky to have you all working tirelessly in support of our interest in WW II. Thank you all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ayjay said:

Gentlemen we are so lucky to have you all working tirelessly in support of our interest in WW II. Thank you all.

16 hours ago, canadian1337 said:

Loving the upcoming content! Keep up the great work.

5 hours ago, devilspawn said:

good job :D bring on the HQ version 

4 hours ago, General Yudenich said:

When this wonderful african update will be in Steam? We will see Matilda?

Thank you all for your support !

@devilspawnWe still hope to be able to bring you the HQ version.

@General Yudenich all is anounced in the announcement, and yes ofc it will be in the workshop, as always.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

IFA3 really goes back to 2015, step further back to Iron front the game itself when the conversion process was a secret project Kju had going during the summer of 2012.

• Like 2

@Gunter Severloh we choose two years here as it was a new phase of the IFA3 project. it may be a bit arbitrary for some, yet for the current team the last two years are something special :thumbs-up:

• Like 2

On 8/5/2018 at 11:20 AM, El Tyranos said:

2. The next major expansion

Yf47yul.png
Our next project has been into conception and early development phase for almost a year - the major delay is due to the unfortunate incident with the former US Army assets after Blitzkrieg release. Yet the time has finally come to give this baby our full focus and unveil to you:

« Red Devils and Desert Rats: North Africa to Germany »

This expansion will focus on British Army, both in North Africa and Europe, and will bring you the biggest content set we have ever released [since last year].

Let us review the gear together now and take a good look at the work in progress concept arts!

Infantry gear:

• P37 Uniform, webbing and backpack (tan and blanco variants)
  • Leather Jerkin warm jacket
  • Paratrooper Denison smock
  • Desert uniform 
  • Mk.2, Mk.3 and paratrooper helmets

jqKkwEXl.png

Weapons:

• Lee Enfield no.4 
  • Lee Enfield Mk.3 SMLE
  • Sten mk.2
  • Sten mk.5
  • Bren mk.1
  • PIAT
  • Webley mk.6
  • Bagpipes
  • Mills Bomb grenade

DLY6E2Zm.png 2hGIn57m.png gumSpbzm.png Skbl7Ham.png

Vehicles:

• Crusader mk.3
  • Crusader mk.1 AA
  • Austin k5 truck

IdpQGqRm.png ajIPi8lm.png

Terrains:

• Sirte district, Libya
  • Bardia, Libya
  • Tobruk, Libya
  • Pegasus bridge, France
  • Gold beach, France

3Lo9DSOm.jpg 

But what a great thing !!! Even a map of the Pegasus bridge !!! Fantastic guys, keep it up, what they do is fantastic! They even have a Crusader! I hope you can also add the Cronwell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If the bagpipes are just a prop i'll be severely disappointed :rofl:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Hamakaze said:

What? Perhaps you can imagine yourself advancing in a column next to the 7th Armored Division and the Cronwells towards Caen to the rhythm of "Scotland the Brave" with the sound of the bagpipes? hehe ... very good tip would have that to say the truth.
I already want to use that map of the Pegasus bridge next to the Red Devils to remember that mission of the first Call of Duty hehe, remember Price.

latest?cb=20180201054717&path-prefix=es

maxresdefault.jpg

330?cb=20180201054538&path-prefix=es

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hamakaze said:

I'll get some earplugs just in case they can be played.:eh:

• Haha 3

Preview v29 hotfix 1 is out

Changes

• Added: impassable Bocage.
  • Changed: Baranow river is now brown and not blue like Mediterranean sea.
  • Changed: Meredet Winter river is now brown and not blue like a Cherenkov radiation.
  • Improved: German vests shadow LODs (removed hidden selections, removed some assigned textures or rvmats).
  • Improved: reimported I44 church with correct textures.
  • Fixed: C-96 had wrong caliber and bullet count in its magazine, now 10rnds of 9x19mm.
  • Fixed: German rolled sleeves uniform had a weighting issue.
  • Fixed: very low fuel capacity of planes.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7

For IFA3 team guys:

Hey guys, first of all, I'm sorry for not doing, I'm through Discordia, but as I said earlier, this is the only place I can access, so I take the boldness to continue.

You see, an aesthetic thing that bothers me a long time ago is the theme of the colors that have the most (if not all) US vehicles that were ported from the old I44. Especially on the subject of armor, they have a yellowish, brown or khaki color, which does not convince me from the moment I saw them. Especially if on the other hand we see the Sherma M4A3 carrying the IF Liberation which has a more greenish color. To summarize, I think that brown texture should be left alone for the section of the war in Africa since it is a more suitable color for that environment. But in the case of the fight already in Europe (Normandy more than anything) I think I could use a color more or less like this:
2018_05_12_02_09.jpg

2018_05_12_02_09_01.jpg

imagen.jpg
Personally I take the liberty to modify the textures and recolorearlas, I think now they are much better and if it is to your liking ... happy to facilitate them to use them your taste.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Wonder if you have any plans to make it possible for the to add any of the included objects like houses/trees/bushes/rocks/etc... in the editor like Eden Extended Objects does? Understand that it may clutter down the object list but it could be an optional addon.

It would be nice to be able to do some variation with WWII props on the maps for different missions.

• Confused 1

@KeyCatwhat is not available/what are you missing?

On 8/5/2018 at 11:20 AM, El Tyranos said:

Lee Enfield Mk.3 SMLE

Hey, are you really going to add that rifle and could you also add the Gewehr 98? I know it does not fit in the time but it would be useful to recreate scenarios of the First World War

Mauser_m98.jpg

Spoiler

8114871796c2d4ec360a4f7ff808e931fde5c9a5

1032172668dc4c3f516d109092f4828728d354d0