.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

For dedicated testers interested in campaigns/SP/COOP, please check:

• Like 2

Hello, your work is greatly appreciated, thanks for bringing IF to Arma. 

I´d like to report a bug on the M3 Halftrack, when it moves it emitts the screeching noise of the wheels. I´m using the steam workshop version.

Thanks!

@Leon_Portier we are aware of the bad behaviour of most of the tracked vehicles. Yet, we decided to wait for Tanks DLC release before fixing all of these. 

We went this way to avoid to redo them 3 times inbetween january and late march, so we can focus on other tasks meanwhile.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice photos. I like the blur effect you did on the fires to make them come to life. Nicely done!

11 hours ago, El Tyranos said:

we are aware of the bad behaviour of most of the tracked vehicles. Yet, we decided to wait for Tanks DLC release before fixing all of these. 

We went this way to avoid to redo them 3 times inbetween january and late march, so we can focus on other tasks meanwhile.

well I'm patient so take enough time to wax & polish it all, also while we're on the M3 subject can it be possible for variants like the M3 GMC where it served utilizing the french designed M1897 75mm field gun in the Anti-tank and light Artillery quite well; 
M3_75mm_gun_motor_carriage.jpgThe_British_Army_in_Italy_1945_NA22387.j

M-15A1 Combination Gun Motor Carriage, M1 37mm AAA + twin M2HB 50.cal

1280px-M-15A1_Combination_Gun_Motor_Carr

And of course everybody's meat grinder the M16 MGMC AA. Wiki says "Nicknamed the "Meat Chopper", the M16 was famous for its effectiveness against low-flying aircraft and infantry, making it extremely popular with soldiers."

M16-mgmc-CAJ19451112-sc-1.jpg

• Like 1

What would be really  really    really   nice would be one of these :f:

(could use for  Arnhem / Nijmegen / Remagen )

lkszkFG.jpg

0E1QOiQ.gif

• Like 3

ATTENTION

bSpplqC.png
ATTENTION

For Luftwaffe Fallschirmjager use SPLINTER-B camo!
They never had Splinter-A camo (only Wehrmacht Heer had Splinter-A camo)

Example of Luftwaffe Splinter-B camo here below:
16scalesplinterb-2.jpg

_DSC9203.jpg

NOTE: on Web there are lot of pictures of Fallschirmjager jump suit (Knochensack) in Splinter-A camo, but, they are all an commercial error from some Reenactor shop! Splinter-A camo for Fallschirmjager is an historical error!

Edited by progetto900
new ref pics
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@progetto900 

Uniforms in this pictures were only used as placeholders for the helmets showcase. New uniforms will be made for Fallschirmjager later on.

Stay tuned!

• Like 2

Are you guys going to be revisiting the M2 Flamethrower at all? regarding the fact that it comes out the end of the tube going up at 45 degrees

20 hours ago, TheCr8rMaker said:

Are you guys going to be revisiting the M2 Flamethrower at all? regarding the fact that it comes out the end of the tube going up at 45 degrees

From what I've tested, the problem seems to be caused by ACE Adv. Ballistics. Already posted it on bug tracker.

Quickly wanted to say, thanks guys for all your hard work.  It's simply amazing what you've managed to achieve so far.

Any insight on how to get LIB tank turret gunners (with turretPaths other than driver, gunner, & commander) to stay in the tanks?  They keep disembarking when tank is hit by small arms gunfire.

I tried numerous things, all detailed here:

Spoiler

I noticed that LIB tanks placed in editor only start crewed with Driver, Gunner, and Commander.  I place “LIB_PzKpfw_V” in editor, and create and place new turret gunners of same type as driver into original group and have them man the two extra turrets, all via script (which includes assignAsTurret, moveInTurret, allowGetIn true, and orderGetIn true).

As soon as tank is hit, the original crew stays seated (as expected), but my extra turret gunners disembark.  I tried disabling AUTOCOMBAT on all crew members, and upon tank hit (by me as unfriendly-side foot unit shooting tank with a pistol), I verify crew stays AWARE (as expected), but extra turret gunners still disembark.

At this point I try a side test on similar vehicle with extra turret gunners (from FOW): fow_v_panther_ger_heer.  When placed in the editor, this tank has all 5 gunners off the bat, and when I shoot it with pistol, no one disembarks.  <- This makes me think LIB vehicles (or crew) have EHs running that are causing the extra crew to disembark upon hit.

I try removing all (remotely potentially) relevant event handlers on LIB tank and all LIB crew, including: "HandleDamage", "HitPart", "Hit", "Dammaged", "Explosion", "Fired", "FiredMan", "FiredNear", "HandleHeal", "HandleRating", "HandleScore", "Killed", "SeatSwitched", and "SeatSwitchedMan", to try and pin down which EH (if any) is causing the men to disembark.

Amazingly, with all (seemingly relevant) EHs removed from tank and crew I get the same result:  Shooting LIB tank with pistol results in extra turret gunners disembarking.

At this point, I’m thinking if I’ve eliminated COMBAT mode and EHs as the culprits, it must have something to do with unit FSMs.  I try loading the LIB tank with only FOW crew, and get the same unfortunate result:  When I shoot tank with a pistol, original crew stays seated, but the extra turret gunners disembark.

Now I am totally stumped…  Any ideas on how to get a fully crewed LIB tank to operate without the extra turret gunners disembarking upon tank being hit by small arms?

UPDATE - I tried having the original crew in one group and the extra turret gunners in their own group.  This helps a bit, as now both original 3-man crew group plus extra turret gunner group don't disembark when tank is hit by bullets.  There is still a problem however (aside from annoyingly having to man the tank with two separate groups):  When the new extra turret-only group enters COMBAT, they immediately disembark.  So I try disabling AUTOCOMBAT on them too, which again helps (helps when tank hit with bullets specifically as now no one from either group gets out), although the extra guys (though they no longer enter COMBAT) do still disembark seemingly upon being hit when I blast tank with bazooka's splash damage.  In this latter case original 3-man crew group stays in tank, while the two extra turret group men bail out.

UPDATE (updated spoiler too) - So I looked through some of the LIB scripts and there are a few places where it appears doGetOut and moveOut are called.  You all may want to look into those and also search the code for any related commands (allowGetIn, orderGetIn, etc) as it seems those calls are not accounting specifically for (non driver, gunner, and commander) turret gunners.

• Thanks 1

OK, this is really strange.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to have characterized a major problem with tank turret gunners always disembarking when they should not.  Here is a very concise "steps to repeat":

1. First, place a crewed LIB tank in the editor.  For simplicity use “LIB_PzKpfwV”.  Note that it has 3 crew by default (driver, gunner, commander).  Note also it has two extra turret positions (for a total of 5 non-cargo positions).

2. Add a couple extra crew to the tank (added to crew's original group), like this:

Spoiler

private ["_newUnits","_newTurretPaths","_crew","_unit0","_group","_type","_gunner","_tempGroup","_turretPath","_unit","_i"];

params ["_vehic"];

_newUnits = [];
_newTurretPaths = [];

_crew = crew _vehic;
if ((count _crew) > 0) then {
	_unit0 = _crew select 0;
	_group = group _unit0;
	_type = typeOf _unit0;
	_gunner = gunner _vehic;
	if (! (isNull _gunner)) then { _type = typeOf _gunner };
	_tempGroup = createGroup (side _group);

{
		_turretPath = _x;
		_unit = _vehic turretUnit _turretPath;
		if (isNull _unit) then {
			_unit = _tempGroup createUnit [_type, [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
			_newUnits pushBack _unit;
			_newTurretPaths pushBack _turretPath;
		};
	} foreach (allTurrets _vehic);

_newUnits joinSilent _group;
	for "_i" from 0 to ((count _newUnits) - 1) do {
		_unit = _newUnits select _i;
		_turretPath = _newTurretPaths select _i;
		_unit assignAsTurret [_vehic, _turretPath];
		_unit moveInTurret [_vehic, _turretPath];
	};
	deleteGroup _tempGroup;

_newUnits allowGetIn true;
	_newUnits orderGetIn true;
};

_newUnits

3. Place a same sided man (it can be a default man or even a default vehicle) close to the LIB tank.  I used “B_Soldier_F”.

4. Place player foot unit (of opposite side as LIB tank), behind the LIB tank and man.  Do a “player allowDamage false” on yourself so you can observe without being killed.

5. Start the mission.  Simply shoot the other man.  (I shot him with pistol once and did not kill him.)  Immediately, LIB tank’s 2 extra gunners bail out!  Obviously, this should not happen.  (Similar multi-turreted vehicles from other mods do not eject their crew members in this manner.)  Note the original 3 crewmen stay inside the tank.

6. To further pin down the issue, run the test again but first disableAI “ALL” on all 5 of the LIB tank’s crew members.  Upon shooting the man, the 2 extra turret gunners will still bail out (even though no one in the crew has any AI running).

If this can be resolved, maybe at some point we can get fully crewed tanks in the editor?  (If so, that would be awesome!)  In any event, hope this helps out. :smile_o:

Hello,

got a slightly irritating problem with BattlEye coupled with this mod right here (and probably using a Linux distro to host the server is somewhat a contributing factor).

Whenever I enable BattlEye with

BattlEye = 1;

for the dedicated server I'm hosting and include Iron Front as one of the mods in the launch parameters then every time a player joins the server the server won't ever load all the way into the mission selection screen. From the player's perspective the server seems to hang (which it actually doesn't).

Even if I start the server with only the following launch parameters (+ have BattlEye enabled in the server.cfg):

./arma3server -port=2302 -mod=@ifa3_aio_lite

still a joining player that has only Iron Front enabled as a mod will be shown nothing but the loading screen. When this happens the player that just joined can only press ESC which will throw him/her back into the server selection screen.

As far as I see it the server RPT doesn't hold much valuable information from the point in time where a player joins the server:

16:53:36 Connected to Steam servers
16:53:42 JohnDoe uses modified data file
16:53:42 BattlEye Server: Player #0 JohnDoe (xxx.xxx.xx.xx:xxxx) connected
16:53:42 Player JohnDoe connecting.
16:53:42 BattlEye Server: Connected to BE Master
16:53:52 BEServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1790822931): users.get failed

The last line (BEServer::finishDestroyPlayer...) comes when the player is forced to press ESC since the server is only showing the neverending loading screen.

I've tried disabling verifySignatures and allowing file patching with allowedFilePatching = 2; but changing those two did not bring any help to the case.

Basically the case currently is that I have to disable BattlEye for the server if I'm hosting Iron Front and also want players to be able to join the server.

Also I need to stress that using any other mod (like CUP Terrains - Core for example) doesn't have this problem when BattlEye is enabled.

Now I don't know how welcome this post will be in this thread but having confirmed that the problem only exists with Iron Front I thought I might as well begin here.
Maybe there would be another server admin (that happens to be hosting Iron Front on a Linux distro) that has this exact same problem(??)

Greetings

Asmodeus

Question for the author or anyone else who knows:

In the beginning post it says

In the near future you will be able to:

Extract the pbos and allowed to redistribute any files from the LITE version

Is this allowable at this stage? I would like to use a few assets for a private modpack (will never be uploaded on Steam, only for use privately).

Thank you

@SSG Garcia-506th IR outside Steam workshop yes (like A3sync, ftp, etc)

@Asmodeuz did you talk to people in the linux server channel of the arma discord yet?

@madrussian thanks! will looking into it a couple days when recovered from an illness.

be aware that most old IF scripts are not active and likely not the cause here. also some turrets have AI disabled due to engine related issues.

• Like 3

@kju, hope you feel better.  Interested to hear what you discover, good luck with your search. (Btw- I tried to duplicate this with various multiturreted tanks, and only the LIB ones appear to be ejecting crew like this.)

On 13/03/2018 at 1:28 PM, .kju said:

@Asmodeuz did you talk to people in the linux server channel of the arma discord yet?

I did back in last December. But as far as I still remember there wasn't many replies. So the initial question sort of went unnoticed and eventually was left unanswered.

I just now happened to stumble to a report of the same problem from another server admin, see:

He's reporting the same problem with CUP and RHS enabled so it should be safe to say that the issue is not because of Iron Front.
BattlEye then huh *thinking*.

I recently trid to fire with the BM13 Katyusha and I noticed the wailing sound is completly gone.

It used to be like that:

Now I'm just getting some "regular" firing sound. 

BTW, I'm using v26.

After a little while staging on real life priorities I'm back on work and with it comes some teasing about our next update : Fallschirmjägers Update.

> For more frequent updates feel free to join our discord

6QmLaMk.png

8vyqKlk.jpg

SZ6lgXn.jpg

Artworks :

arthur-pin-01.jpg?1520454734

G-41 : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VzQBg by Loutre!

pierre-caz-screenshot007.jpg?1522085872

Uniform : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nzLdX

pierre-caz-screenshot002.jpg?1522085387

Tornister 34 : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/WLxX2

Stay tuned, it's coming soon (tm) !

@progetto900 we have no proper image source for splintter-B

@1212PDMCDMPPM please use our issue tracker

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

On 26/3/2018 at 8:04 PM, El Tyranos said:

@progetto900 we have no proper image source for splintter-B

Nooooo ... do not use that camo on Fallschirmjager !!!! It's historically not correct !!!

Use this texture!

16scalesplinterb-2.jpg

There is someone that is capable to use Photoshop in your staff?

If not I can help, I worked for Invasion1944 mod (Dr.Rebus my nickname).

• Thanks 1

In "Faces of War" mod they have Fallschirmjager with historically correct camo on jumpsuit (Knochensack).