.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

@Rak1445 The plan is HQ textures and IF campaigns and missions converted to A3, with new extra COOP mode for them.

However this is still TBD once we have a contract with BI.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, .kju said:

@Rak1445 The plan is HQ textures and IF campaigns and missions converted to A3, with new extra COOP mode for them.

However this is still TBD once we have a contract with BI.

Great! I will be among the first who buy it!

• Like 2

I already bought IF for ArmA2.

Will buy it as DLC if the price is fair :)

Will the USSR and German factions also be remodelled then in a similar manner to the US? 

On 1/30/2018 at 5:50 PM, Rak1445 said:

Will the USSR and German factions also be remodelled then in a similar manner to the US? 

The only reason the U.S faction was remodelled is because the author wanted his models removed from the mod. That's not the case with the Germans or the Russians so such a thing is unlikely to happen.

On 30. 1. 2018 at 8:31 PM, Zhivets said:

The only reason the U.S faction was remodelled is because the author wanted his models removed from the mod. That's  not the case with the Germans or the Russians so such a thing is unlikely to happen.

But aren't the models of German and Soviet soldiers, as well as the vehicles, maps, campaigns and other assets property of X1 Software, AWAR and Deep Silver? Have you got their permission, can you legally dust it off as paid DLC for ArmA 3?

16 minutes ago, .kju said:

@Rak1445 please read the first post

Sorry, didn't find anything relevant there to my question. I'm talking about paid rerelease of the assets, whereas the post just mentions that the devs agree to the port. It also seems very outdated info.

Hello, very nice update, but I find some bug, maybe it's Arma 3 problem:

Spoiler

XdqY2eiZ9L8.jpg

gTTtWoALlEA.jpg

Any way to fix? Thanks.

20 hours ago, Rak1445 said:

But aren't the models of German and Soviet soldiers, as well as the vehicles, maps, campaigns and other assets property of X1 Software, AWAR and Deep Silver? Have you got their permission, can you legally dust it off as paid DLC for ArmA 3?

For your first question, They are property of AWar.

X1, and Deepsilver are not in the picture anymore, Awar are the guys that originally developed Iron front which is the original game where IFA2 and IFA3 came from.

For your 2nd question

As for permissions, back in 2013 Kju, and my team IFR created a tool to convert the IF game to a mod for arma2OA, known back then as IFA2.

Kju was already working on this and had permissions, but at same time i had a 20man team, and we got together and helped get it going, from that

this is what was developed ----> LINK

I tell you DS at the time was testing my patience when were awaiting their go on release of the conversion tool, not to remind Kju of that sorry bud,

but DS can go fly a kite. :yuck:  Anyways  Awar, DS, X1, and BIS at the time had and agreement that gave Kju permissions to "port" the game to a mod for arma2oa.

Now times have changed and Awar and i think Bis too are still in the picture but Awar is the sole owner and decision maker as far as i know.

Yes, theres more to it then just dusting off the mod and then selling it, i cant tell you, and basically you like everyone else will have to wait and see when it becomes available,

but overall and im not trying to reveal anything as i know very little at this point as im not involved anymore, just playing with the mod like everyone else, but its Awar's call and or decision, so all is good.

Just wait for it and im sure Kju then will have more info on the setup, and situation of the DLC, for now just enjoy this awesome mod and dont worry about it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

For your first question, They are property of AWar.

X1, and Deepsilver are not in the picture anymore, Awar are the guys that originally developed Iron front which is the original game where IFA2 and IFA3 came from.

For your 2nd question

As for permissions, back in 2013 Kju, and my team IFR created a tool to convert the IF game to a mod for arma2OA, known back then as IFA2.

Kju was already working on this and had permissions, but at same time i had a 20man team, and we got together and helped get it going, from that

this is what was developed ----> LINK

I tell you DS at the time was testing my patience when were awaiting their go on release of the conversion tool, not to remind Kju of that sorry bud,

but DS can go fly a kite. :yuck:  Anyways  Awar, DS, X1, and BIS at the time had and agreement that gave Kju permissions to "port" the game to a mod for arma2oa.

Now times have changed and Awar and i think Bis too are still in the picture but Awar is the sole owner and decision maker as far as i know.

Yes, theres more to it then just dusting off the mod and then selling it, i cant tell you, and basically you like everyone else will have to wait and see when it becomes available,

but overall and im not trying to reveal anything as i know very little at this point as im not involved anymore, just playing with the mod like everyone else, but its Awar's call and or decision, so all is good.

Just wait for it and im sure Kju then will have more info on the setup, and situation of the DLC, for now just enjoy this awesome mod and dont worry about it!

Thank you for clearing it up for me! I only meant to ask out of curiosity, didnt mean anything wrong to you guys. The work you've put into the mod is very much appreciated! 

4 hours ago, Ulmann said:

Hide contents

gTTtWoALlEA.jpg

Any way to fix? Thanks.

Arma 3 engine limitation

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Almost two months ago i posted this message

Someone knows if the problem was fixed ? Thanks for your answer ;)

7 hours ago, calahan59 said:

Hi everyone,

Almost two months ago i posted this message

Someone knows if the problem was fixed ? Thanks for your answer ;)

Hi Calahan59, 

i believe this is a PhysX issue, it is known, and will eventually be fixed :)

On 1.2.2018 at 9:01 PM, Jaki said:

Arma 3 engine limitation

Isnt this the cockpit/pilot LOD which masks the exterior?

Would it not be possible to remove the cargo area geometry for that LOD to avoid this issue?

Guys, could you tell me please in your feautured payed DLC will be calculate the angles of armor and thickness of armor of tanks,  vulnerabilities? And the same detailed damage of different cars and tanks (the parts of armor etc.) as it was in the original Iron Front? Now it's only tracks damage or the smoke first and then full damage immediately. Or is it Arma 3 engine limitation?

Thank you for your answer! And have a nice day!

@Realthinged this is already case with A3 itself when the tank is set up properly (deflection (angles), penetration, armor thinkness, speed, energy, etc)

So for the problem is overall damage or hull damage causes explosion usually on the first or second penetration.

One can disable this engine "feature" since some A3 patch, however it breaks existing scripting (alive check, etc) and AI logic.

However:

1) BI is currently try to improve the damage simulation further with tanks DLC it appears from dev branch info leaks

2) We are to support the advanced damage system from @x3kj that adds additional damage components (multiple ammo and fuel storage, crew positions, etc),

critical damage for specific components and otherwise only disabling the tank parts, or penetration without effect (and disabling the hull and overall damage destruction).

PS: if you reduce the damage of ammo already, you can disable the gun, turret, tracks, destroy the engine, cause fuel leak, or otherwise the said destruction via hull or overall damage.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Another question on the paid DLC topic:

For missions made with the HQ textures, will it require all players of said mission to have it as well or no? I'm not the most knowledgeable on that subject so I don't know if it would or not.

Great work on the update anyways and keep up the good work!

22 hours ago, Grizzly58 said:

For missions made with the HQ textures, will it require all players of said mission to have it as well or no?

I might be able to answer this although i know little of the paid DLC, other then what Kju explained to me, but for your question at least like any DLC for Arma3, if you build a mission that

has assets from the DLC in the mission and someone goes to play the mission, they will also require the same assets from the DLC.

Now if its setup like Bis has their DLC's where if a new player were to "drive" the vehicle then they will get an ad on their screen to buy the DLC, it may be setup in a way before you "try before you buy"

again like BIS's DLC's cant be sure on that.

My guess it might just be set where one just buys the DLC and you have the upgraded version w/HD textures + any extras of IFA3.

is support modules broken?

1. place a virtual CAS support module down - vehicle type ["LIB_Pe2"]
  2. place a requester down
  3. sync up modules
  4. Call in support 0-8 choose, click on map "location drop"
  5. watch plane nose dive into ground over and over

worked before latest patch

Tests

Vanilla A3: works

IFA3_AIO_LITE: not working

On 9.2.2018 at 6:42 PM, Grizzly58 said:

Another question on the paid DLC topic:

For missions made with the HQ textures, will it require all players of said mission to have it as well or no? I'm not the most knowledgeable on that subject so I don't know if it would or not.

If the core mod files are the same (lite version vs. paid version), and only the textures were downgraded, then there should be no problems and everyone can play the mission.

@Grizzly58

1. Best wait until everything has been settled first.

2. You seem to be confused. Textures have no relation to missions.

3. We dont plan to go for exclusive assets. Free LITE version has all the same assets.

4. To be able to play exclusive playable content (campaigns, SP or COOP missions) you have to own the DLC obviously.

@Gunter Severloh @lexx

While I appreciate you try to help others, please refrain from now on to refer to this topic.

You don't have the full insights about the details, situation or when things change. Thank you.

@devilspawn

Please check http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=Issue_Reporting

Put the above into a task and attach a simple demo mission. Thank you

Next update announcement : Fallschirmjäger update

More details about upcoming content to come in later devblogs. Meanwhile, we hope you will enjoy those work  in progress pictures : 

AvUxfWS.png

bSpplqC.png

rkL3Q9o.pngIEpoIrk.pngpf2XcFG.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

So we'll finally be able to take off again ))) atm aircraft don't roll since (I'm guessing) they are not planeX simulated (hence they also don't show up as air support in the supports tab)