.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

@462cid cant see any problem in the logs. send me a screenshot and other info via PM

20 hours ago, Zhivets said:

3hXI9sj.jpg

Wow really amazing picture. Is that an ArmA 3 screenshot edited or is it made from scratch?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Steel UK said:

Wow really amazing picture. Is that an ArmA 3 screenshot edited or is it made from scratch?

Everything was made in-game.

1 hour ago, tourist said:

What Modset u run, Zhivets? 

For that pic, just IFA3 (unreleased build), and a few animation mods.

9 hours ago, .kju said:

@462cid cant see any problem in the logs. send me a screenshot and other info via PM

Please check your PMs

On 1/11/2018 at 3:13 PM, Zhivets said:

3hXI9sj.jpg

Extremely well-done photo. Excellent job getting me hyped for the new update. ;)

• Thanks 2

First off, kudos to everyone working on these updates, your hard work and dedication have provided us with some fantastic content, which I'm sure we are all enjoying greatly. 

A request, would it be possible to re-add the thonking hit sounds we used to have in IF 1944, when you receive a high calibre impact from within an armoured vehicle? At present there doesn't seem to be any audible indication when you are hit.

• Like 3

Like other WW2 mods, I'm alo a huge fan of Iron Front.....

I'm trying to rally some help up for my project, If anybody could help? 

• Like 3

I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold! - the Second Wave has arrived!

Download
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Download

Changelog
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog:_Preview_v26_-_2018-01-25
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=I44_Changelog#Preview_v26_-_2018-01-25

ipIOUQzl.png zKo3sI8l.jpg 

To stop the flow of many hundreds of comments telling us that American uniforms were "broken", we are happy to finally announce the release of Second Wave Update

Releasing this update has been a long way coming because of the large the amount of assets that had to be recreated from scratch while managing to release other updates in-between. Our philosophy was to bring back all the content we had to remove with attention to detail and real life resemblance, while adding some additional assets to expand our US faction further. Enjoy!

Highlights

Missions:

• Amphibious Assault showcase by Jaki with voices by Major Boggie, Zaf, gombly, Eogos!
  • New airdrop showcase by Jaki with voices by Zaf and voices from I44!

Terrains:

• Aachen Outskirts by swurvin!
  • Improved IF Omaha by DontShootMe! "First part of a major restyling for Collevile in this update you will find an improvement of the main town, some new buildings a Church and the cemetery plus some improvement in the surrounding area more to come."

Objects:

• Omaha Beach horrors of war pack (4 mutilated US soldiers).
  • New model for dead hanging paratroopers.

Weapons:

• M3 Grease Gun by Loutre!
  • New M1918 BAR model by Diabolical!
  • New hand anims and reload anims for M1A1 Thompson by GSTAVO!
  • New hand anims and reload anims for M1918 BAR by GSTAVO!

Gear:

• New US M41 Uniform - 4 colour variants: Late war, North Africa, Winter, HBT.
  • New US M42 Uniform - multiple model variants including a gas detection arm band, 506PIR shoulder pockets.
  • New US M43 Uniform - currently a placeholder retextured M42 with OD green colour.
  • New US Pilot Uniform - original model from AWAR reworked to fit ArmA 3 standards. Two model variants (With or without wool collar) with ability to show a large set of pin-up and regimental decals.
  • New US Pilot headgear - 2 caps 6 helmet variants including a new high-altitude air breather by Jove Chiere!
  • New US Pilot lifevest.
  • New US pilot Type 3A round cupola parachute.
  • A complete new set of 33 vests, among additional new variants and new pouches (classic webbing, new combinations, assault vests).
  • A complete new set of 13 backpacks among additional new variants
  • Improved US helmets complete set (new textures, new variants, new winter cover).

Vehicles:

• New LCM-3 landing craft with vehicle-in-vehicle functionality to land tanks directly on the beach!

Rrh1qJPl.png 3ZNfQwjl.png oqz9a89l.png

I'd like to warmly thank all of those who got involved at every level in this project: 
Diabolical, Jove Chiere, Jaki, swurvin, DontShootMe!!, GSTAVO, Loutre, sokolonko, Lawz, Sa-Matra

I would also like to thanks our devoted fans for their continuous support and welcoming attitude towards new members to the Arma 3 WW2 community.

Special thanks to those who stayed up late at night on multiple streaming runs and kept us going strong!

BbX1oavl.jpg wsjfDywl.jpg sNMnJ6hl.jpg

Promotional Imgur album : https://imgur.com/a/hchfv

• Like 17
  • Thanks 16

I'm sorry to point this out, but the US roundel featured in your video, with a red line bisecting the white fields on either side of the white star on a blue field is not from WWII.

It's from 1947. Hope this helps.

edit-

I cannot alert you of this via phabricator. It will not allow use of my e-mail addrress.

Postscript

Many, many players are going to love the Aachen map. Well done.

• Confused 1

There's an issue with the new church on Omaha:

83B29495B2506A2BEB97C2D04A0CCA10E0C8EC66

It can be quickly resolved by the use of the Edit Terrain Object module but I thought I'd point it out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, 462cid said:

I'm sorry to point this out, but the US roundel featured in your video, with a red line bisecting the white fields on either side of the white star on a blue field is not from WWII.

It's from 1947. Hope this helps.

It's only in the thumbnail of the video, is it not? It's a non-issue.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zhivets said:

It's only in the thumbnail of the video, is it not? It's a non-issue.

I did not say it was "an issue".  I said "(I) hope this helps". Since I do not know you, I will not assign ill-will to your post.

I feel it is not up to you or I do decide it's a "non-issue"; rather it's up to the developers of the mod.

If you can please verify that the error I mention exists only in the video, it will benefit the community and the developers of the mod. Thanks in advance.

Hello Dev Team.
I have saw beautiful screenshots from the updates, the uniforms seems to use high quality textures like at that beautifull americans at a beach assault.
But the uniforms in game have very low textures, the equipment are good, but uniforms are very ugly, i know that IF content is locked on 512x512, but american uniforms was made by   scratch, right ?
Is it a bug or in game uniforms are locked at 512x512 textures (including new content) ?
Please don't take wrong, i just want to know if there is a bug on my IFA3.

• Thanks 1

It is on purpose. The decision is up to each author/artist. The source/HQ textures will become available with the paid DLC version.

All terrains, but IF/AWAR, are have the original textures, as does third party content like I44, Raunhofer and Jones.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, .kju said:

It is on purpose. The decision is up to each author/artist. The source/HQ textures will become available with the paid DLC version.

All terrains, but IF/AWAR, are have the original textures, as does third party content like I44, Raunhofer and Jones.

Hi .kju!

Is this paid DLC already finished and i can buy it somewhere or is it work in progress yet? It is really awesome stuff! Thank you for your answer!

see: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, and thanks to the team for the work they put in!

I'm having a small graphical issue with planes : whenever I enter one, there is a thin black line across the lower half of my screen - the weird thing is that said line doesn't show on screenshots... :/

Sounds familiar to anyone? I friggin' love these planes by the way : they are certainly the most satisfying ones to pilot in Arma. ;)

• Like 1

I get it with vehicles, and tanks, haven't flown any planes in a while so cant confirm, but this is an old bug maybe 2-3 months back it was reported, idk what it is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Hi guys, and thanks to the team for the work they put in!

I'm having a small graphical issue with planes : whenever I enter one, there is a thin black line across the lower half of my screen - the weird thing is that said line doesn't show on screenshots... :/

Sounds familiar to anyone? I friggin' love these planes by the way : they are certainly the most satisfying ones to pilot in Arma. ;)

Is it with every map? For me it was only Montherme (if I remember correcty).

I've only tested it on vanilla maps - the only one that doesn't produce this is VR.

Also, if it can help find the issue : that line is not visible on the pause menu (maybe it's linked to a custom UI display?).

Wow 

great work lads  

thanks

On 25/01/2018 at 6:12 PM, El Tyranos said:

• Like 4

Hello! 

@.kju 

I would like to ask what your policy is on the "paid DLC" approach. What can the community expect, what will be included, and what will be different from this "lite" version?

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, I couldn't find anything.

Thank you!

• Like 1