.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

Gotta say, WW2 mods don't always catch my fancy, but this one is fun and very impressive.  The Bergstein map was used to good effect here:

Fantastic stuff coming...:thumb:

On 12/12/2017 at 9:52 AM, El Tyranos said:

Advent calendar part 2 : https://imgur.com/gallery/Zemtr

For part 1 check : https://imgur.com/gallery/Fyt1B

Additionnal pictures : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qm5on

That's a great image.

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted image as per forum rules

Please recommend a good mission to play on a winter map. I prefer mp/cooperative and player # does not matter. Thanks for any help.

What I like about your team? Despite the temporary problems you did not slow down. Your work is characterized by: continuous development and improvement. Keep it up! Hart wie Stahl!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, vintorez said:

What I like about your team? Despite the temporary problems you did not slow down. Your work is characterized by: continuous development and improvement. Keep it up! Hart wie Stahl!

HELL YEA, keep on fighting lads! That said, with Tobruk map on the horizon and a DAK course of focus(I suspect), will we be seeing Weaponry that was present in theatre? 

like the M3 Medium Lee/Grant

613px-M-3Grants-E_014053.jpg

7.5 cm leichtes Infanteriegeschütz 18

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-219-0594-33,_Russ

Ordnance QF 2-pounder Anti-Tank Gun

ordnance-qf-2pdr.jpg

ordnance-qf-2pdr_2.jpg

Ordnance QF 25-pounder

2-8_Field_Regt.jpg

BL 60-pounder gun

1024px-60_pounder_Cape_Helles_June_1915.

(Cape Helles Jul 1915, 60-pdr at full recoil)

some may ask why this old tech... I'll let Wiki answer for me; "During the Second World War they served with the BEF in France and North Africa in medium regiments, by the South African artillery in East Africa and by an Australian battery at Tobruk."

With Regards,

Digger James

P.s. NOT A REQUEST! simply inquiring and feeding my curiosity for things that go BOOM!!!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Digger James said:

All I can say is that we have something hot planned for the future! :sun:

• Like 5

hey guys the US Army update is going really well i see! 

tho something about the colour of the m41 uniform (with the texture  that is carried over from IF) seems too yellow that i guess it's off

the original colour of the M41 uniforms are OD-3, which is a bit light green-brown and when it gets used it'll become beige-ish, but won't go so far as being that yellow lel

https://www.atthefrontshop.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=449 the ones seen here could be a good reference

I'm working on a new terrain project

Soon available :P !

Iwo-Jima

20171219155114_1-53a311f.jpg

20171219160943_1-53a3196.jpg

Maj 21/12/2017 :

Mount Suribachi

20171221123122_1-53a5682.jpg

Beach defense

20171221122924_1-53a5684.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

On 19/12/2017 at 2:58 PM, Tdc.DarKness said:

I'm working on a new terrain project

Soon available :P !

Intriguing!!!

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images
  • Like 1

Hi.

Love the mod.

I wanted to mention this, not as a way to say "hey you have some things wrong" or "get it right guys" but as a chance to perhaps assist. As a collector I learned a lot of things the hard way and I wanted to offer assistance if it might be of use.

I have several US military arms of WWII. None are 100% "correct"; I could type up a few thousand words on the subject of US manufacturing during WW2 and how rebuild post-war and even recovery programs during the war mixed and matched things.

However I can help with some particular matters. Such as the M1903A4 'sniper' rifle.

Here is a common WWII era telescope type for the rifle; a really crummy sniper 'scope in fact. Essentially just a sporting 'scope not durable enough for military use, and they were not inert gas charged- they condensed moisture. Soldiers disliked them in combat. Anyway. The Weaver 300 type, although really, a Weaver 330C is much more representative. My example is a repaired one that uses several different 'scopes but you get the idea.

neXHN1.jpg

Note that the image also shows the different finish on the bolt- the 03A4 bolts were blued, not parkerized like the receivers

In addition, M1903A4 bolts were "turn down" bolts; not standard M1903A3 bolts. An 03A3 bolt would not clear the bell of the telescope so the A4 bolts were bent  and milled. This is an original bolt.

07DS6F.jpg

For the M1 rifle, the gas lock screw was not the more commonly seen "X shaped" poppet valve type. Those types are very superior and were repalced during rebuild at government arsenals.  It was this type in WW2:

XsjFDK.jpg

Also, the common rear sight type was the "lock bar" type, of which there were several variations. Note also, the knob on the other side is also distinctive, it shows 'BATTLE RANGE" elevation (not shown).

ZiSxiT.jpg

Please understand I admire the dedication and work that has gone into the mod. I mention these things only in the hope that they may assist. I may have other artifacts and items that might also provide photo reference.

• Like 3

Hi, just wanted to ask this - is it just me getting around 20 fps on Sark Island with  pretty low view distance settings? The outskirts of the map seem normal to me (60-70 fps) but when I get to the center they drastically fall.

On 21/12/2017 at 12:25 PM, canadian1337 said:

Hi, just wanted to ask this - is it just me getting around 20 fps on Sark Island with  pretty low view distance settings? The outskirts of the map seem normal to me (60-70 fps) but when I get to the center they drastically fall.

Same here, there is a LOT of foliage.

Have a great christmas eve all ! See you tomorrow for one last (and big) surprise that will end our advent calendar event.

It's so sekret that even team members don't know about it. 

Meanwhile what about enjoying those pics from D-3 to D-1 ?

qQOQr9y.jpg

Volkhov Front by @swurvin (album) : https://imgur.com/a/OudQ4

7ArvkSA.png

FG-42 by @diabolical

g8QO9kT.png

https://i.imgur.com/P7shNzl.png

Flak 36 by v!nc3r

See you tomorrow

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

On 24/12/2017 at 11:25 AM, El Tyranos said:

Have a great christmas eve all ! See you tomorrow for one last (and big) surprise that will end our advent calendar event.

It's so sekret that even team members don't know about it. 

Meanwhile what about enjoying those pics from D-3 to D-1 ?

Volkhov Front by @swurvin (album) : https://imgur.com/a/OudQ4

FG-42 by @diabolical

Flak 36 by v!nc3r

See you tomorrow

On 24/12/2017 at 4:27 PM, Cloby said:

Will those 36's have artillery capabilities?

I agree with Cloby, I also ask if the 18/37 mobile variants will make an apperance like in the vid VVV and the most important question, the mother of all flak queries! Will it have "Flak" Fragmenttation shells, like in the mod POOK_SAM??? And will said feature then be added to other AAA guns???

Hello,

I'm pleased to reveal Benouville, France or more commonly known as "Operation Deadstick" over Pegasus Bridge, Ranville Bridge, complete with Cafe Gondree and multiple other custom objects and buildings. Both bridges are extremely iconic and a true piece of British D-Day history.

On another hand, "Second Wave Update" is to be released in coming weeks, the update took more time to complete than initialy planned. This is due to it being among our more complex update since the whole US army had to be remade almost from scratch. Real life priorities slowing the process even more (as well as some detours to create new buildings for Benouville !). Most of the work is finished and we are currently staging on the last tasks. Thank you for your patience and support. We hope you enjoyed this advent calendar event. Revealed assets and maps are to be released progressively in upcoming updates. Merry christmas to @everyone , do not eat to much chocolate and enjoy your real life !

---------------------

22 hours ago, Digger James said:

I agree with Cloby, I also ask if the 18/37 mobile variants will make an apperance like in the vid VVV and the most important question, the mother of all flak queries! Will it have "Flak" Fragmenttation shells, like in the mod POOK_SAM??? And will said feature then be added to other AAA guns???

Yes we are planning to work on this (anti air and artillery), I can't promise any great result be we will do our best.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3