.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

After I saw the zeltbahn helmet cover, and tent, and back pack: I started to think, are there plans to add the zeltbahn poncho?

u9IPMm7.png

zelt3.jpg

What would be cool and immersive for example like in skyrim is you have a mod where the character can actually gets wet and his resistances would

actually be reduced or lose stamina ect,. using a poncho would be realistic for such a mod/script. 

There is an addon for modern weapons where the weapons actually look wet after and when it rains ---> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31502

We need more gameplay immersion aspects, imo more full animations for things like getting into vehicles, planes, statics ect,. this OFP old school actions still persisting such as getting into a car,

you stand next to the door and magically get teleported into the vehicles gets old as much as its nostalgic for me for OFP, imo it denies immersion if we want to be somewhat realistic

for what we play and for us here WW2 IFA3.

Adding more objects to the game is all fine and dandy but if you can use them then they are nothing but eye candy for tables or the environment around you when your recording a vid or a screenshot,

in those instances its alright but for gameplay its just more useless crap you cant use, obviously theres limitations to the game in terms of physix and control but then again the community of modders

and scripters always seem to defy the norm of what we think will and wont work.

@Gunter: 

I have no "AIO Solution" for the animations ofc, but for the survival/immersion aspect in my non-RAVAGE missions I have with some success used the Heros Survive Script/addon framework.  It allows for hunger, thirst and ambient temperature.  Also you can use a loot system if you want and you can decide which vehicles are just, well, vehicles and which are REAL Gas Guzzlers like a King Tiger Tank.  Most important thing is it's versatility allowing it to be customized for any map and any building and any mod equipment IF you take the time and copy all the necessary classnames of your mod into Heros Survive's config files. 

You can e.g. copy in a list for every clothing item appearing in your used mods how much  protection against the cold and against the rain they give.   Combined with a very low ambient temperature, hypothermia is possible as well as extreme thirst and damage by heat in extremely hot environments.  So you can immerse yourself a little bit better in the shivering cold at the Ostfront or the Ardennes!  Or sweat "one canteen per hour" during the Battle of Tobruk! 

Here comes the link to Heros Survive:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718871710 

Best Regards

tourist

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

*cough* any plans for a Kettenkrad? *cough*

• Thanks 1

vTBYQkM.png

Second wave will come sooner or later. Hold your ground soldiers !

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

iI828wz.jpg

Winter is coming soldiers... but ice is still thin

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

My thought's exactly. ^^

• Like 2

Supply routes were cut - the freezing soldiers will have to hold out for a little longer. :shocked:

• Like 4

Is anybody else having an issue with the US uniforms with the 14-OCT update? Specifically they all either look like a variant of the tanker/crew uniform, or (in the case of the M43 airborne uniform) it'll glitch through and look terrible? If its something to do with the latest update then I would love a link to previous files since I don't have any, but if its something on my end then any advice would be helpful. For reference, the load order (underneath ACE, CBA, and TFAR) is to run it as:

• IFA3 AIO
  • IFA3 Hotfix
  • WW2 Objects
  • IFA3 Terrains

Any help would be appreciated! I love this mod and I've got some fun-ops I'm dying to put together for some friends of mine (and in case my issue with uniforms isn't obvious it has to do with paratroopers, likely scattered across a field somewhere in France).

9 minutes ago, Leib said:

Is anybody else having an issue with the US uniforms with the 14-OCT update? 

Browse through the post, I’m sure you’ll find something about it couple pages back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow I didn't even see that. My searches outside of this forum had left me so frustrated I hadn't thought to page back before going to last page to ask.

Well whatever the separation was about in the end, here's hoping this mod gets fixed where US equipment is concerned. Ah well.

EDIT:

I just hope the paratrooper kit is brought back. Can't do an Easy Company fun op without it.

11 hours ago, Madshepherd said:

-snip-

Excellent still-shots! Operation Deadstick has always been something awesome to read about.

3 hours ago, bars91 said:

Why no "annoying bagpipe" operator tho? )))

He ( Bill Millin )  came in later  from the beach with Lord Lovat and his Commandos 

Germans did not shoot him (when they were asked later) as they thought he had gone mad :happy:

• Like 3

Haven't seen The Longest Day for some time - need to revisit ASAP I guess...

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knew how to turn on or change collours of the interior light on in the C47 with a trigger ? 

Any ways Thx for the amazing mod ! Great work

Anyone know of any servers running IFA3 that are NOT private. The mod thats running the KV1 and other cool vehicles!?

1 hour ago, k4ble said:

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knew how to turn on or change collours of the interior light on in the C47 with a trigger ? 

turn on light 

[this] spawn LIB_fnc_turnInteriorLightStatement;

switch to green 

[this,true] spawn LIB_fnc_changeLightStatement;

this = plane

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jaki said:

turn on light 

[this] spawn LIB_fnc_turnInteriorLightStatement;

switch to green 

[this,true] spawn LIB_fnc_changeLightStatement;

this = plane