.kju

Iron Front in Arm3 LITE - preview versions

You guys never fail to impress. Excellent work, excellent photos, excellent everything. Thank you guys so much for your work.

• Like 2

in your latest changelog:

US army infantry and clothing with HQ textures thanks to LODU!
Some German backpacks with HQ textures thanks to LODU!

The American soldiers and their equipment with textures in 2048 by 2048: this is absolutely not what we have agreed between us and you know very well.

I had asked, and you agreed, that the textures of my creations (American characters and equipment) should be the same as the rest of the mod, in 512/512 pixels, there is no graphical break, but also to preserve those same addons, which are present on the mod fow, in 2048/2048.

I sent a message in this sense to kju, but like my previous messages, it seems that this one is also ignored.

After he ignored me for a long time, i've asked him to remove completely my work (and all my improvements) from IFA3, but he ignored me again.

Therefore, I ask the moderators to stop the diffusion of this mod which does not respect my decision of creator and my intellectual property on these assets.

• Like 8

sorry for not replying earlier - I have been ill for the last two weeks and have spent most of the time in bed.

@lodu unfortunately it seems there was yet another misunderstanding.

Dwarden told me you no longer wanted to see the HQ assets in the paid version.

you never told me to remove your work.

anyhow we will see if there still can be a compromise.

otherwise we will follow your request accordingly - as we have always done.

• Like 3

otherwise we will follow your request accordingly - as we have always done.

Removing all my work on the ifa3 lite mod, which means removing the American characters, their equipment, everything that has been done from this base, such as American paratroopers, their equipment and any other modification to from my work.

the "US" faction must be that of the original AWAR game, or any other models, if you find an artist willing to work for you.

Also removed from everything I did in terms of optimization, on the original addons of AWAR and those of inv44: the characters, like the tanks, the light weapons, the static cannons, the machine guns, the airplanes of AWAR, but also inv44 gliders.

All that I have just enumerated and I forget, has been optimized by me, cleaning all the lods and recreating, at least the fourth and fifth lods of all this.

For the inv 44 gliders there was only the first distance lod created by the inv44 team.

I will complete this list if other changes I have made come to mind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, zio sam said:

Nice collaborations between mod makers :don14:

If you don't know the background it's better to avoid commenting, otherwise we're gonna overheating a topic pretty hot already.

I think it's better to move this to PM ;)

• Like 6

Yeah it's better...since post were public i replied with just a bit of sarcasm...from a user perspective the risk of losing so much quality content is something that makes me very sad.

Heating the topic was not my intent sorry if i gave this idea...let's hope for a gentement agreement from all the people involved in mod making

• Like 8

None of those posts should have ever come on any public forum.

• Like 4

there is no need for follow-up by PM: I said all I had to say and this story is over for me.
thanks to those who have supported me with their likes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

None of those posts should have ever come on any public forum.

agreed 

I am highly disappointed with both of them/teams... i was hoping that one day we might get back to old Arma 2 days when you had "one WW2 mod to play them all"... 

but it seems that to play somewhat complete mission we will end up with many unfinished and incompatible with each other mods that basically doubles the size of modpack and leaves few dozens of same uniform in Editor...

before crashing your big awaited multiplayer mission...

no matter what happened between them before.... "it's only a great victory" for whole Arma 3 community, especially WW2 fans aka end users of those mods....

• Like 4

@dwarden please lock this thread before this gets even more out of hand.

as to lodu's request we will provide an update ASAP with all the requested removals.

• Like 4

Preview v23 hotfix 1 is out

Changelog:
http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog#Preview_v23_hotfix_1_-_2017-09-27

Unfortunately due to some mistakes on our side and misunderstandings the author has asked us to remove all his work from the project.
With much regret but believing in ownership, copyright and most importantly the wishes of the people actually devoting all their time to create these works, this hotfix 1 is following suit to this request and hotfix 2 to be available in a few days will complete the operation for the remaining optimization work more complex and much harder to revert.

What does this mean in practice:

1. Full backwards compatibility ensured: No changes to missions necessary, everything will continue to work without interference.
  2. All US Army and Airborne infantry models, uniforms and vests, and most backpacks are removed, as well as some German backpacks.
  3. Distance model optimizations for all IF/AWAR tanks are removed, as well as all optimizations from the US gliders (Horsa and WACO).
  4. For now the US models are using the US tankist model and uniform, a German vest and the M36 musette as temporary workaround. The German backpacks are using the A-Frame backpack for now.
  5. In the near future we will provide a full replacement for the now missing assets.
  6. The optimizations will be redone in similar fashion in the upcoming weeks as well. 

POfH5hQ.jpg

JB66VEB.jpg

0P1AJ9i.jpg

Lk3Z1zU.jpg

Thanks to LAxemann!

One final word on the matter:
Please refrain from commenting on the matter. The damage and disappointment is already big enough. 
Your voice lacks the insights into the matter and will not be able to contribute in any meaningful way. Thank you!

Stay tuned for a lot more content and improvements to come! :xmas:

• Like 17

Well shoot that new model looks miles better than the old stuff anyway so I'm counting this as a net win. Glad to see you're still at it!

For the Stuka sound video, there already a stuka siren from Iron Front that can be used that was recorded from the real thing, its an ogg file that can be used in missions or added to the mod.

see the thread for it linked from IF Fan forums: http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/stuka-jericho-siren-6829727

• Like 2

I'll just skip this update...so i dont lose airborne stuff i'll wait for the next one.

Im of the idea that gifted things are not to be returned when something brokes during a relationship.People can take different ways but erasing what has happened in the past is just wrong.I understand that you cant keep them but i dont want to downgrade...lets hop e new stuff Will come soon

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

Look'n good - sorry about your disappointing setbacks - but much like Gunny Highway - you adapt - improvise - and - overcome !!!

-Clint-as-Gunny-Highway-Heartbreak-Ridge

Nice work...

:thumb:

Regards,

Scott

• Like 5

Just a thought...

since Iron Front takes place at the Eastern front in 1944 and since you also are cooperating with the CSA38 team...why not focusing more on the Eastern frontlines. It was the setting that made Iron Front that good and interesting for me. Why not introducing theatres like Poland, Finland, Russia, Czechoslovakia, the Baltic states, the Balkans, Germany 1945...why desperately trying to cover all theatres including the western frontlines even if you do noy have the assets ( no British no French no Belgean...and not that many US) while at the same time being the only Arma3  WW II mod that has Russian units and gear avaible.

Especially when combined with CSA38 you could do so much amazing stuff...Blitzkrieg ...why Belgium ( Dunkirk) and not Case White , Operation Barbarossa or Case Blue...why doing the Ardennes and not a Finland Winter War map ?

I mean of course it is your mod and all but since there a two other teams working on Western front scenarios (Fow, Westwall) why trying to do the same thing and not doing something different..especially since you are based on Iron Front and do have the resources.

not complaining  or requesting ...just some thoughts :)

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

-snip-

I remember seeing a while back that they have inherited a number of western front assets from the A2 mod Invasion 1944. Thats probably why they've been doing more western front assets is because they have the ability to do them.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2017 at 0:29 PM, Private Evans said:

Just a thought...

since Iron Front takes place at the Eastern front in 1944 and since you also are cooperating with the CSA38 team...why not focusing more on the Eastern frontlines. It was the setting that made Iron Front that good and interesting for me. Why not introducing theatres like Poland, Finland, Russia, Czechoslovakia, the Baltic states, the Balkans, Germany 1945...why desperately trying to cover all theatres including the western frontlines even if you do noy have the assets ( no British no French no Belgean...and not that many US) while at the same time being the only Arma3  WW II mod that has Russian units and gear avaible.

Especially when combined with CSA38 you could do so much amazing stuff...Blitzkrieg ...why Belgium ( Dunkirk) and not Case White , Operation Barbarossa or Case Blue...why doing the Ardennes and not a Finland Winter War map ?

I mean of course it is your mod and all but since there a two other teams working on Western front scenarios (Fow, Westwall) why trying to do the same thing and not doing something different..especially since you are based on Iron Front and do have the resources.

not complaining  or requesting ...just some thoughts :)

There is also a large community subordinate to the Western Front stuff. Concurrent with a plethora of individuals partaking in units/youtube groups/clans/gaming sessions/etc. that this recent turn of events has damaged. It's simply where the 'fuss' is, per se - and where the attention lay, so shall be the effort.

• Like 1

I've encountered a problem with the Wespe. For me it doesn't spawn with any ammunition. Has anyone else encountered this and if so any ideas on how to fix it?

• Like 2

An unfortunate issue with Ace from what I've been told, developers are aware of the issue and I am sure it will be fixed in the future. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, reykjavikdragon said:

I've encountered a problem with the Wespe. For me it doesn't spawn with any ammunition. Has anyone else encountered this and if so any ideas on how to fix it?

https://feedback.ww2ina3.com/search/query/.PF9.P3XgRbB/#R

We still have no proper bug repport, even if we heard about the issue it's still unclear to us if it comes from ACE or from IFA3 Liberation by @pioneer 

if you wish to make a bug report please read : http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=Issue_Reporting

• Like 1